Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

"Green healthy for second season in Houston" - Yahoo Sports

Lrt's not start punching at shadows. Let's just wait and see how it plays out in TC.

Green missed 11 games in 05 , 2 games in 06 and 10 games in 07 . He had a major knee injury in 05 which I dont think he has ever fully recovered from (nor will he). His avg per carry pre injury was 5.65 ypc . His yards per carry post injury 3.81 ypc . At the time of his signing it was a gamble worth taking , at this point I think its shown in his play that he isnt the same player he was in GB . I hope he makes me eat these words but ..... I just dont see that happening .
Just my opinion , but if all they are going to get out of Green is 3.8 ypc they can get that out of one of the younger backs giving them some game time to develop (pending they can pick up the blitz) , its time to cut him and move on .

That was why I asked the question. If they get hurt fine then give them the nickname but until that happens insinuate that they are hurt?

Im not insinuating he is hurt (that was vinny's post) ..... just that I think the Texans are better off giving carry's to one of the other backs .

Having 17 players on IR is always catastrophic. We shouldn't go into the season hoping that we have enough depth to withstand leading the league in injuries. I think it's about time to change up our strength and conditioning crew.

Some of those injuries were just piss poor luck , broken bones and torn up knee's ..... some of the others I think could be preventable with a better conditioning program that stresses flexability (IE:hamstrings and the like) . I do believe that the Texans have lead the league in the number of players in IR the past two seasons (didnt look it up)..... that may be coincidence and it may not .

do you think we're finally deep enough across the board that injuries won't be catostrophic like in the past?

In a word "No" .... In todays NFL almost no team has the kind of depth across multiple positions to withstand 17 players on IR . Thats 32% of the roster ..... Part of winning in the NFL is staying healthy and part of staying healthy is blind luck .

Some of those injuries were just piss poor luck , broken bones and torn up knee's ..... some of the others I think could be preventable with a better conditioning program that stresses flexability (IE:hamstrings and the like) . I do believe that the Texans have lead the league in the number of players in IR the past two seasons (didnt look it up)..... that may be coincidence and it may not.

I'm not really one to believe in luck, but I will say that a fraction of the injuries could not be blamed on the conditioning squad. In our 6 years of play, we have consistently been in the top five teams for injuries.

That's not a coincidence, that's a patter. A newer, better conditioning program is certainly needed if we are ever going to shake the injury bug.

I'm not really one to believe in luck, but I will say that a fraction of the injuries could not be blamed on the conditioning squad. In our 6 years of play, we have consistently been in the top five teams for injuries.

That's not a coincidence, that's a patter. A newer, better conditioning program is certainly needed if we are ever going to shake the injury bug.
in a rough sport like football the team with the better athletes tend to get injured less than the team that has the lesser athlete. You can see that in all levels of ball from HS to College to the NFL...probably less in the NFL but I think it could be somewhat of a factor in some of our early rosters.

in a rough sport like football the team with the better athletes tend to get injured less than the team that has the lesser athlete. You can see that in all levels of ball from HS to College to the NFL...probably less in the NFL but I think it could be somewhat of a factor in some of our early rosters.

Yup. Players playing over their heads and over their conditioning. The better players playing more time because the backups stink.

I'm thinking it is a bad sign that the indoor training facility is sponsored by Methodist Hospital.

I understand that we have had injuries in the past, but placing the comment in a thread about Amon Green and single out the RBs is kinda lame. How many OL did we have on IR last year? What about DBs?

Green has had two injuries in his career, so I am willing to wait and see how this next year goes.
I disagree. When discussing any player, it is best to offer a well rounded view imo. If Green can remain healthy or Chris Brown or any other player, our success can be significantly improved. We have not had a 16 game season from Green or Schaub for that matter so discussing this aspect is valid as other posters after your comment stated.

I had a thread last season about team doctors maybe not being the right ones, but if I remember correctly few agreed with me. I think injuries of Texans are a combination of things but I can't get rid of the little itching I have when another guy goes down. Dayne breaking Spencer's leg is not on doctors but the injuries have been the only "bountiful" aspect for years.

I disagree. When discussing any player, it is best to offer a well rounded view imo. If Green can remain healthy or Chris Brown or any other player, our success can be significantly improved. We have not had a 16 game season from Green or Schaub for that matter so discussing this aspect is valid as other posters after your comment stated.

You missed what I was saying I was talking about giving them a nickname, meaning only the RBs getting the glass nickname.

I hate to say it, because I not the glass half-empty type, but yeah man...
Ahman Green is damaged goods.
-
There's nothing more to say. He came, promised, and failed to deliver. Until he proves he can still be a productive back, he is going to be damaged goods.

I hate to say it, because I not the glass half-empty type, but yeah man...
Ahman Green is damaged goods.
-
There's nothing more to say. He came, promised, and failed to deliver. Until he proves he can still be a productive back, he is going to be damaged goods.

Well I'm pretty sure he's going to have every opportunity to try to prove he's worth the pickup as it doesn't sound like he's dealing with any injuries in OTA's or minicamp. Just some food poisoning.

I waiver on Green because he was so absent last season, but he showed what a real running back can do in Kubiak's system with the one game he had that he was healthy ( I consider him healthy for that KC game. He said he hurt his knee in the AZ preseason game, but, he took most of the carries vs KC and did just fine).

I'm prepared for Green to fail miserably, and I think the Texans are too, but I won't write him off all the way yet. He is getting there though.

Back