Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

GM Candidates

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
Jacksonville now being in the driver seat for Trevor Lawrence.....will make their GM job much more appealing.

Jacksonville host the Bears and Browns visit the Jets in Week 16. Safe bet the Jags keep Lawrence.

Week 17 sees the Jags visiting the Colts while the Colts could still be in play for a Division title and the Jets visit the Patriots with nothing on the line. Jets could play to win since they have no chance at Lawrence and may be even more excited to pick QB, Fields (Ohio State). My guess, the Jets are absolutely ecstatic to be in the 2 spot since I don't see them willing to throw the towel in on Sam Darnold. They could get a boat load of picks if they trade back and finally be in a position to take another major step towards building a team around Darnold.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
It's not a lock that Lawrence declares early.

"A lot of things could happen." Like the Jags getting the 1st pick.
If Jax really wants to make their organization appealing to TL.........it'll be imperative that their choice of GM and HC will have to bo top notch. Trevor is in the drivers seat since he has another season of eligibility. Problem for TL, Jax could very well be looking at the RD1-01 pick in 2022.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
Now the Broncos are in the GM market. What's that make now, 5, 6? It so feels like the Texans are going to be left scraping the bottom of the barrel.

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
My prediction is, Nick Caserio will be here soon and shortly thereafter will be Josh McDaniels. This might have been the plan for awhile now, going back to last off-season.
Isn't NC presently tied up by a contractual agreement with NE ?

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
I think this is a case of wishful thinking on Easterby's part (they share the same agent), and a case of squeezing more $$$ and commitment from Kraft on Caserio's part.
No, he had an interest last year and we got tampering charges for it. His new contract says he can leave at anytime. He isn't going to work with Hoodie seeing he will be retiring soon. Also the reason why McDaniels is not taking any HC jobs. Without anyone saying anything we know that Kraft told him a time table. Otherwise, why take a job and then talk to Kraft and suddenly call and say you changed your mind.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
From everything I've seen or read on Manning, he seems to enjoy the speculation but is also enjoying retired life.
He's making plenty of money with Nationwide and Tide to cover any retirement expenses he might have so why jump back into the trenches? You went out on a high after winning a SB and everyone talks about you like you are the second coming if you became a GM. Why actually do it and risk proving them wrong when the legend is so much better.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
He's making plenty of money with Nationwide and Tide to cover any retirement expenses he might have so why jump back into the trenches? You went out on a high after winning a SB and everyone talks about you like you are the second coming if you became a GM. Why actually do it and risk proving them wrong when the legend is so much better.
I agree. IMO, he just sits back, has Nationwide on his side, and lets the talking heads do what they do best while he plans his next golf outing.

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
Due to wanting Nick or not wanting Khan?
I just think of the Pats. True, he is not the GM. But, he has learned from Hoodie and the staff. Let's face it he has been around the 6 SB winning team. He knows how to get players that if the HC is good, will be good in the later rounds. Khan is good, I just think that the FO already have the target they want in Nick. So, why even bother to compare. I would not be surprised if he is introduced as GM by next week sometime. HC is not as clear.