Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Gasp! I'm for winning the rest of our games

I kind of understand the talk about taking it easy and throwing in the towel the next four games, but in my mind it's just plain stupid.

Almost everyone said we would finish 8 - 8 and I still predict that, but after every loss late in the season people come out and say just lose the rest to get a good draft choice... well, I hate to break it to some of you but this years draft is going to be pretty weak and we are already looking at being in the middle of the picking order so I don't see why winning more games could hurt us. Actually the more we win, the more free agents will become interested in us and I would rather take a strong free agent than a mid teen's pick in the draft.

All of you that are complaining about not making the playoffs (there is still a SMALL chance we could get in) should lobby for an out clause in your season tickets in the future, so after the 6th home game you can give up your season tickets with no charge because the team won't make the playoffs... I sure am glad you guys aren't on the team.

Also, don't tell me beating the Colts next week wouldn't be the highlight of the season.

We will be lucky to win another game I think. Possibly the season closer against Cleveland at home. I don't think it's necessary for the Texans to "try" and lose the remaining games so they can get a better draft spot. I think that will take care of itself.

It is the WAY we are losing is the problem..We did more with less in 2002 and 2003..IMO

you will beat the browns, thats for sure. not saying theyre a bad team, they could be a playoff team. but by the time you play them, they may have 20+ players on the IR (they have 17 now)

i dont think you could throw that game if you wanted to

Wolf said:
It is the WAY we are losing is the problem..We did more with less in 2002 and 2003..IMO

...so true and a point well taken, as most of us don't expect miracles
over night, but we do expect a 'good showing.' Losing while giving it every-
thing you've got is one thing, losing with little effort and minimal results is
another... idonno:

I'm not saying I would put money on the Texans next week, but you never know and I'm sure all the Texans players plan on going out there Sunday and getting a win. I don't think they give a **** about draft position.

I also like how last week a lot of people were saying we could easily beat the Bears and Browns, now after losing to a 9 and 3 team (same record as the Colts) we will lose out and if we try we could only go 1 and 4 to finish the season. You people keep forgetting what you keep saying every Friday and Saturday before a game about how anything is possible in the NFL... you people need to know that that saying goes both ways, the Texans could go out there and beat the Colts Sunday but they can also get whooped on by a team that a lot of people thought would be a win.

We will beat the Bears and Browns, but Indy will embarass us again next Sunday and the Jags will beat us in Jacksonville. That's where we are right now. We have some good skills players, but our Offensive line play is a joke and our D-line is also underperforming. Overall, we have improved this year (thank God for AJ), but not very much.

We're looking at 7-9 and that's a little dissappointing, but it's not terrible. I blame it on the new blocking scheme and it will be better next year, but I don't know how much...probably not very much.

Back