Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Gameday: Texans @ Bills Week 4

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
With that said, have no idea given age of staff, high turnover rate of assets (players) how Texans will right this ship?
I think people are over reacting a bit. Most likely because of Sunday. We’re in the same place today that we were Saturday.

I think we were in a bit of a holding pattern because our GM thought he was going to be able to repair the organization’s relationship with his QB. He acted accordingly trying to put together a competitive team while not making long term commitments.

Unfortunately our “starting” QB got injured early & our project QB has been exposed. Eh…

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Ideally you build for balance in all three facets of the game, offense, defense and special teams. Generally free agency is attempt to be very specific in addressing your weakest links. Drafts should elevate your core talent level with bpa. Hard to get all those elements to line up, but you really need continuity within entire organization to be on the same page.

With that said, have no idea given age of staff, high turnover rate of assets (players) how Texans will right this ship?
Yep,

I think in a couple of yrs there will be a new HC (I like Culley, but there's going to be alot of losing) a new franchise QB (Either Mills or a vet that becomes available) and a bunch of new young players.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I think people are over reacting a bit. Most likely because of Sunday. We’re in the same place today that we were Saturday.

I think we were in a bit of a holding pattern because our GM thought he was going to be able to repair the organization’s relationship with his QB. He acted accordingly trying to put together a competitive team while not making long term commitments.

Unfortunately our “starting” QB got injured early & our project QB has been exposed. Eh…
Agreed

But I wouldn't say exposed. I would say we learned that the learning curve for a rookie NFL QB is steep.

beerlover

Hall of Fame
Yep,

I think in a couple of yrs there will be a new HC (I like Culley, but there's going to be alot of losing) a new franchise QB (Either Mills or a vet that becomes available) and a bunch of new young players.
Caserio has paw prints all over this thing, whatever his plan is, was, or going to be.

NFL trade deadline is coming up, November 2nd. Vegas should have odds on Caserio adding/subtracting more players to get value out of what’s available.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
Caserio has paw prints all over this thing, whatever his plan is, was, or going to be.

NFL trade deadline is coming up, November 2nd. Vegas should have odds on Caserio adding/subtracting more players to get value out of what’s available.
I am just watching to see how he moves one player.

Just. One.