Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Game 5...The Boot...Dallas Cowboys!

JamTex

Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!
On Sunday, October 7th at 7:20pm in Prime Time, the Texans will take on the Cowboys at home at NRG Stadium. The game will be aired nationally on TV on NBC 2 and on radio on SportsTalk 610 AM.

After the win on Sunday in over time against the Colts, little was done to energize the fan base. It was a win, sure, but the Texans vulnerabilities are still glaring. The offensive line is, well, offensive.
Much of the time, the Colts defense was in the back field stopping the run or forcing Watson to leave the pocket to try to scramble to find an open receiver.
One bright spot did come out of the game. The emergence of Keke Coutee. 11 catches for 108 yards. Not a bad start to his career and a big boost for the offense.

Here are the teams.

Your Houston Texans...

Offense:
WR DeAndre Hopkins Vyncint Smith
LT Martinas Rankin Roderick Johnson David Sharpe
LG Senio Kelemete
C Nick Martin Greg Mancz
RG Zach Fulton
RT Julie'n Davenport Kendall Lamm
TE Ryan Griffin Jordan Akins Jordan Thomas
WR Keke Coutee
WR Will Fuller V Sammie Coates Jr.
QB Deshaun Watson Brandon Weeden Joe Webb III
RB Lamar Miller Alfred Blue Tyler Ervin Buddy Howell

Defense:
DE J.J. Watt Carlos Watkins
NT D.J. Reader Brandon Dunn
DE Christian Covington Angelo Blackson Joel Heath
SAM Whitney Mercilus Brennan Scarlett Daeshon Hall
MIKE Benardrick McKinney Brian Peters
WILL Zach Cunningham
JACK Jadeveon Clowney Duke Ejiofor Peter Kalambayi
CB Johnathan Joseph Kayvon Webster Johnson Bademosi
CB Aaron Colvin Shareece Wright
S Tyrann Mathieu Natrell Jamerson A.J. Moore
S Kareem Jackson Justin Reid

Special Teams:
K Ka'imi Fairbairn
P Trevor Daniel
LS Jon Weeks
KR Tyler Ervin Bruce Ellington Keke Coutee
PR Tyler Ervin Bruce Ellington Keke Coutee
H Trevor Daniel

The Dallas Cowboys...

Offense:
QB Dak Prescott Cooper Rush Mike White
RB Ezekiel Elliott Rod Smith
FB Jamize Olawale
WR Allen Hurns Michael Gallup
WR Terrance Williams Deonte Thompson
WR Cole Beasley Tavon Austin
TE Geoff Swaim Blake Jarwin Rico Gathers Dalton Schultz
LT Tyron Smith Cameron Fleming
LG Connor Williams Joe Looney
C Travis Frederick Joe Looney
RG Zack Martin Parker Ehinger
RT La'el Collins Cameron Fleming

Defense:
DE Demarcus Lawrence Randy Gregory Dorance Armstrong
DT Datone Jones Maliek Collins
DT Antwaun Woods Daniel Ross
DE Tyrone Crawford Taco Charlton
SLB Damien Wilson Justin March-Lillard Chris Covington
MLB Jaylon Smith Leighton Vander Esch
WLB Sean Lee
CB Chidobe Awuzie
CB Anthony Brown Jourdan Lewis
CB Byron Jones Jourdan Lewis
SS Jeff Heath Kavon Frazier Ibraheim Campbell
FS Xavier Woods

Special Teams:
P Chris Jones Brett Maher
K Brett Maher
LS L.P. Ladouceur
H Chris Jones
KOR Deonte Thompson Jourdan Lewis
PR Tavon Austin Cole Beasley

At first look, The Cowboys have 2 weapons. Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliott.
The front 7 of the Texans defense only need to key on 2 guys. Dak and Zeke. Shut those 2 down and the Cowboys have no offense. Their o-line is almost as bad as the Texans. Dak has had problems getting the ball to receivers. Two reasons. First, he has no real receiving threats and no tight end threat. And second, his offensive line has been almost as bad as the Texans.
With Clowney finally emerging and Mercilus finally getting his head in the game and Watt being Watt, The Texans defense should be able to get to Dak often and stop him from being a passing threat all together.
The only threat the Texans defense will face is Zeke and his legs. That won't be enough here at NRG.
Watson did show some ability against the Colts and he could very well be on his way back to what we saw last year. With Coutee emerging as a real threat, with Fuller on the outside should he play, with Hopkins being Hopkins and with Akins and Thomas starting to get more reps at tight end, We could see this offense finally take off. The running game needs to get back to the form of the first 2 weeks as well.
Hopefully, O'brien realizes he needs to turn Watson and this offense loose and let them play.
This should be a win for our Texans at home and the Texans will take the Boot.

Texans 34
Cowboys 24

We always look like crap on Sunday Night Football...don't expect that to change, might upset Chris Collinsworth if we don't...

On Sunday, October 7th at 7:20pm in Prime Time, the Texans will take on the Cowboys at home at NRG Stadium. The game will be aired nationally on TV on NBC 2 and on radio on SportsTalk 610 AM.

After the win on Sunday in over time against the Colts, little was done to energize the fan base. It was a win, sure, but the Texans vulnerabilities are still glaring. The offensive line is, well, offensive.
Much of the time, the Colts defense was in the back field stopping the run or forcing Watson to leave the pocket to try to scramble to find an open receiver.
One bright spot did come out of the game. The emergence of Keke Coutee. 11 catches for 108 yards. Not a bad start to his career and a big boost for the offense.

Here are the teams.

Your Houston Texans...

Offense:
WR DeAndre Hopkins Vyncint Smith
LT Martinas Rankin Roderick Johnson David Sharpe
LG Senio Kelemete
C Nick Martin Greg Mancz
RG Zach Fulton
RT Julie'n Davenport Kendall Lamm
TE Ryan Griffin Jordan Akins Jordan Thomas
WR Keke Coutee
WR Will Fuller V Sammie Coates Jr.
QB Deshaun Watson Brandon Weeden Joe Webb III
RB Lamar Miller Alfred Blue Tyler Ervin Buddy Howell

Defense:
DE J.J. Watt Carlos Watkins
NT D.J. Reader Brandon Dunn
DE Christian Covington Angelo Blackson Joel Heath
SAM Whitney Mercilus Brennan Scarlett Daeshon Hall
MIKE Benardrick McKinney Brian Peters
WILL Zach Cunningham
JACK Jadeveon Clowney Duke Ejiofor Peter Kalambayi
CB Johnathan Joseph Kayvon Webster Johnson Bademosi
CB Aaron Colvin Shareece Wright
S Tyrann Mathieu Natrell Jamerson A.J. Moore
S Kareem Jackson Justin Reid

Special Teams:
K Ka'imi Fairbairn
P Trevor Daniel
LS Jon Weeks
KR Tyler Ervin Bruce Ellington Keke Coutee
PR Tyler Ervin Bruce Ellington Keke Coutee
H Trevor Daniel

The Dallas Cowboys...

Offense:
QB Dak Prescott Cooper Rush Mike White
RB Ezekiel Elliott Rod Smith
FB Jamize Olawale
WR Allen Hurns Michael Gallup
WR Terrance Williams Deonte Thompson
WR Cole Beasley Tavon Austin
TE Geoff Swaim Blake Jarwin Rico Gathers Dalton Schultz
LT Tyron Smith Cameron Fleming
LG Connor Williams Joe Looney
C Travis Frederick Joe Looney
RG Zack Martin Parker Ehinger
RT La'el Collins Cameron Fleming

Defense:
DE Demarcus Lawrence Randy Gregory Dorance Armstrong
DT Datone Jones Maliek Collins
DT Antwaun Woods Daniel Ross
DE Tyrone Crawford Taco Charlton
SLB Damien Wilson Justin March-Lillard Chris Covington
MLB Jaylon Smith Leighton Vander Esch
WLB Sean Lee
CB Chidobe Awuzie
CB Anthony Brown Jourdan Lewis
CB Byron Jones Jourdan Lewis
SS Jeff Heath Kavon Frazier Ibraheim Campbell
FS Xavier Woods

Special Teams:
P Chris Jones Brett Maher
K Brett Maher
LS L.P. Ladouceur
H Chris Jones
KOR Deonte Thompson Jourdan Lewis
PR Tavon Austin Cole Beasley

At first look, The Cowboys have 2 weapons. Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliott.
The front 7 of the Texans defense only need to key on 2 guys. Dak and Zeke. Shut those 2 down and the Cowboys have no offense. Their o-line is almost as bad as the Texans. Dak has had problems getting the ball to receivers. Two reasons. First, he has no real receiving threats and no tight end threat. And second, his offensive line has been almost as bad as the Texans.
With Clowney finally emerging and Mercilus finally getting his head in the game and Watt being Watt, The Texans defense should be able to get to Dak often and stop him from being a passing threat all together.
The only threat the Texans defense will face is Zeke and his legs. That won't be enough here at NRG.
Watson did show some ability against the Colts and he could very well be on his way back to what we saw last year. With Coutee emerging as a real threat, with Fuller on the outside should he play, with Hopkins being Hopkins and with Akins and Thomas starting to get more reps at tight end, We could see this offense finally take off. The running game needs to get back to the form of the first 2 weeks as well.
Hopefully, O'brien realizes he needs to turn Watson and this offense loose and let them play.
This should be a win for our Texans at home and the Texans will take the Boot.

Texans 34
Cowboys 24

The Texans aren't scoring 34 pts on Dallas D.

Good news is they will only need to score 21 to win. I think they can do this but wouldn't bet on this game. I dont know what the O/U is but the U is the way to go.

BTW, I'm a terrible gambler, which is why I dont gamble.

Houston has long been underrated on food and had great restaurants in great diversity. You just have to drive past 500 strip malls, 52 McDonalds, 45 Whataburgers, 20 Applebees and and 10 Olive Gardens to get to them.

Austin also has great food in a wide diversity. Oddly missing are any significant number of Italian restaurants. Opposite issue, you'll drive past 500 individual restaurants if you're bound & determined to have chain food. And the food trucks are phenomenal.

DowKV0-VsAEiDzU.jpg

For any of you who subscribe to The Athletic, here's a nice game preview from a Dallas writer.

https://theathletic.com/570238/2018/10/05/cowboys-weekend-riffing-week-5-at-houston-and-a-qa/

The Cowboys are playing the Houston Texans for only the fifth time ever. Put another way, it frustrates me to no end the the Detroit Lions have played Houston just as often as the Cowboys have. In-state rivalries are rare in the NFL and it sure seems to me that we could modify our schedule to accommodate an opportunity to make Dallas v Houston something of a rivalry (same for the two teams in Maryland, the three teams in Florida and New York, and the four teams in California – as well as any border battles from neighboring states that make sense, too). But, it won’t happen if they don’t play more frequently than we hold presidential elections.

Remember the last time we played the Cowboys in 2014, Bill O'Brien was ******* terrible and completely blew that game too?

We blew many games that year because of him. Dallas, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, etc.

And he still got his dick sucked for the team returning to 9-7, which was an expected rebound after the perfect storm disaster in 2013 which resulted in 2-14.

The 2014 Texans would have won 12, 13 games with an actual head coach. And yet, it's October 2018 and this loser is still around.

IMO, here are the favorites in this matchup:

Coaching- push
WR’s - Texans
QB - Cowboys
RB - Cowboys
TE - Texans
Oline - Cowboys
Dline - Texans
LB - Cowboys
Secondary - Cowboys
ST’s - Cowboys

I believe Dak will pick the Texans secondary apart and Elliot will put the game away in the second half. The Texans offense is good for at least one turnover, usually Watson either throwing a terrible pick or fumble. That’s one of the reasons I gave Dak the nod. Watson is turning out to be a garbage time stat padding QB.

Coaching- push
WR’s - Texans
QB - Cowboys
Dak may pick our secondary, but I'm betting DW will do the same to theirs. I pick DW to have a better game.
RB - Cowboys
TE - Texans
Oline - Cowboys
Dline - Texans
LB - Cowboys
Not sure if it would change your pick, but Sean Lee isn't plaing.
Secondary - Cowboys
ST’s - Cowboys

I believe Dak will pick the Texans secondary apart and Elliot will put the game away in the second half. The Texans offense is good for at least one turnover, usually Watson either throwing a terrible pick or fumble. That’s one of the reasons I gave Dak the nod. Watson is turning out to be a garbage time stat padding QB.

Coaching- push
WR’s - Texans
QB - Cowboys
RB - Cowboys
TE - Texans
Oline - Cowboys
Dline - Texans
LB - Cowboys
Secondary - Cowboys
ST’s - Cowboys

I am so glad you were so wrong!!

Reactions: JB

Coaching- push
WR’s - Texans
QB - Cowboys
RB - Cowboys
TE - Texans
Oline - Cowboys
Dline - Texans
LB - Cowboys
Secondary - Cowboys
ST’s - Cowboys

Lol you have some pretty bad takes.

Dallas is one of the few teams I may not trade head coaches for straight up. Dak over DW4, come on man. I have to admit their LB's can fly. Flat ass crazy how they close ground

Back