Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Game 11...The Tacks Act Deux...Tennessee Titans!

Don't think BOB has much choice in the type of Offense he's running right now. He's stuck with an O-line that can't protect Watson for more than a couple of seconds, if that, with a reduced RB and WR group and that's what's driving his conservative vanilla Offense that will mostly run and only allow minimum pass attempts from Watson. If the O-line, RB's, and WR's can get healthy and develop some better chemistry or continuity then maybe you will see that Offense that was talked about in the off season. JMO.
I agree to majority of that. My thing is last year O-line was worst and we found a way to pass the ball. Using misdirections and also using Deshaun as a threat to run. We've completely thrown the entire offense out that was there last year. and we are a basic offense. We line up 7 on the line and hand off for either no gain or -2 yards. Now he we have to pass the ball on 2nd and long and we put ourselves in a dilemma every time. But you know whats funny. Broncos game and this past game first drive we come out with good plays then after that everything goes back to the basics and looks like hot trash.

I agree to majority of that. My thing is last year O-line was worst and we found a way to pass the ball. Using misdirections and also using Deshaun as a threat to run. We've completely thrown the entire offense out that was there last year. and we are a basic offense. We line up 7 on the line and hand off for either no gain or -2 yards. Now he we have to pass the ball on 2nd and long and we put ourselves in a dilemma every time. But you know whats funny. Broncos game and this past game first drive we come out with good plays then after that everything goes back to the basics and looks like hot trash.

Once the script is done, OB has to think

It's gonna suck the whole world is gonna have to watch our basic ass offense Monday. Titans are in the top 10 in rushing yards allowed, so we all know running the ball ain't gonna work out too well for us.

It's gonna suck the whole world is gonna have to watch our basic ass offense Monday. Titans are in the top 10 in rushing yards allowed, so we all know running the ball ain't gonna work out too well for us.
We ran on Washington and they have a good run defense.

Reactions: JB
Funny, but Washington was also top 10 in rushing defense and our Texans hung 138 rushing yards against them. You forget. Coutee is back on the field. Then there's DT. Those 2 guys along with D Hop will stretch the defense and open up the line to running the ball. Once O'Brien opens up the running game, that'll draw the defense back into the box. Zap. Coutee for a long pass play. DT for a devastating catch and run. Boom. J Thomas for a catch in the end zone. Do you really think the Tacks are going to be able to handle the Texans!

Last edited:
Funny, but Washington was also top 10 in rushing defense and our Texans hung 138 rushing yards against them. You forget. Coutee is back on theft field. Then there's DT. Those 2 guys along with D Hop will stretch the defense and open up the line to running the ball. Once O'Brien opens up the running game, that'll draw the defense back into the box. Zap. Coutee for a long pass play. DT for a devastating catch and run. Boom. J Thomas for a catch in the end zone. Do you really think the Tacks are going to be able to handle the Texans!
Do you Sell cars for a living? because you are talking a great game right now and selling me hard right now.

you must be forgetting the try, try try again philosophy that has been working for the last 8 weeks

Do you Sell cars for a living? because you are talking a great game right now and selling me hard right now.
Lol. No. I'm just armed security for a major hospital here in Houston. It's just that when all the weapons around Watson are in place and ready, I'm thinking O'Brien might turn this offense loose. If that happens, it's going to be harder to stop then any in the game and throw in this defense and now you have a team that could make some serious noise in the playoffs. It could be very close. Might even be in this game since it's a division game here at home on Monday Night Football.

Lol. No. I'm just armed security for a major hospital here in Houston. It's just that when all the weapons around Watson are in place and ready, I'm thinking O'Brien might turn this offense loose. If that happens, it's going to be harder to stop then any in the game and throw in this defense and now you have a team that could make some serious noise in the playoffs. It could be very close. Might even be in this game since it's a division game here at home on Monday Night Football.
I do agree with everything you say, I just don't think he lets the offense loose. Not right now at least, maybe in the playoffs.

No idea what to expect of this game

No idea what the hell the titans are.

Would Like to see texans put up some points

I had no idea how our kicker rates, so I checked. He's Number One in FG made. He is 22 of 27 in FG. He is 5 of 8 from the 40's and 2 of 4 from over 50. He made all from inside 40. That is not too bad. -- If you want me to check on who's available, I think Toni Frisch is.

I was thinking as I read the complaint that Fairbairn had been pretty solid , that most of his misses were from outside the 40 ….Dude is competent and I expect him to get better over time. He's still wet behind the ears.

I was thinking as I read the complaint that Fairbairn had been pretty solid , that most of his misses were from outside the 40 ….Dude is competent and I expect him to get better over time. He's still wet behind the ears.
I think he’s good. But I hear Trevor Daniels is struggling like crazy being the holder on fgs.

I had no idea how our kicker rates, so I checked. He's Number One in FG made. He is 22 of 27 in FG. He is 5 of 8 from the 40's and 2 of 4 from over 50. He made all from inside 40. That is not too bad. -- If you want me to check on who's available, I think Toni Frisch is.

From a statistical standpoint, he's done well. It seems like his misses have been the ones where an extra 3 points could make quite the difference whether through the actual score (going up 3+ points) or stopping momentum. As much as Houston kicks field goals, it's tough when the kicker doesn't "feel" reliable in close/big games even if his stats indicate otherwise.

Texans have extra motivation and emotion this week. Look for Tacks to get rocked hard on MNF.
According to the news, Mr McNair has been in the hospital for several weeks and declining quickly the last couple of weeks. They said everyone in the organization was prepared for this outcome. Hopefully, that includes the coaches and players so emotion and grief will be less likely to influence the outcome of the game.
It's still a huge loss to the team, his family and the city of Houston. He will be missed.

Guys, remember last year's game at NRG Stadium? Watson engineered 5 consecutive drives for scores and the Texans destroyed the Tacks 57-14. With Mariota or Gabbert, it really doesn't matter, the results will be similar. Watson is incredible when the lights are on him.

LLLLET'S GET READY TO RRRRRUMBLLLLLLLE!

GO TEXANS!
GIT'R DONE!

Compared to last year, his 40-49 yd and 50 and over completion percentage has significantly decreased. You expect under 39 yders to be gimmes with a good kicker..............but these days, you would want to see your kicker to nail most 40-49 yders. He's shanked too many.

I just saw that so the game in a couple weeks could be huge.
Unless Indy coaches keep calling pass plays to Luck like they did today when he got nailed and driven into the ground on his brittle right shoulder as soon as he caught the pass. Last week he layed out im the end zone trying to catch one.

First post. Refugee from the now dead official boards. The Texans are not going to let the tacks sweep them. I feel like like we will come out and win in convincing fashion for a change at home Monday night.

From a statistical standpoint, he's done well. It seems like his misses have been the ones where an extra 3 points could make quite the difference whether through the actual score (going up 3+ points) or stopping momentum. As much as Houston kicks field goals, it's tough when the kicker doesn't "feel" reliable in close/big games even if his stats indicate otherwise.

Call me crazy, but I will take what we got to a guy that "Feels Reliable", but isn't worth a damn.

It's Monday morning! Game day!
Just 13 1/2 hours away from Monday Night Football!
Hope the Texans go into this game with plenty of juice and don't take their foot off the pedal.

Go Texans!

We've been riding a wave of optimism and squeaking out close wins to incompetent coaches. I think Vrabel finds a way to fire up his tacks and shows why Obrien doesn't belong in the NFL. Not feeling very good about a nationally televised game either. Hope I'm dead wrong, just expecting a stinker of a performance by Obrien.

We've been riding a wave of optimism and squeaking out close wins to incompetent coaches. I think Vrabel finds a way to fire up his tacks and shows why Obrien doesn't belong in the NFL. Not feeling very good about a nationally televised game either. Hope I'm dead wrong, just expecting a stinker of a performance by Obrien.

Oof that's rough. I'll give Vrabel credit for hiring great coordinators and coaches. He seems to have a feel for the coaching game. He understands pace, timing. He delegates and doesnt micromanage. He's dealt with some injuries and bad losses, but he's also whipped some of the best teams in football all in year 1. Hopefully he doesnt school Obrien again, because if he does then Mike Vrabel becomes Bill O'Briens DADDY. LOL.

Still think it will be a defensive battle, but a part of me is wondering if Deshaun doesnt go bonkers tonite. Hopefully the team doesnt come out flat and uninspired.

Yeah... if we make it all the way to the SB... no way Herv tries to not watch. We’d definitely blame him for the loss then. Might as well get it over with and join us.

Nope, though I have considered it. 7 missed games and 7 wins is hard to let go of. It's weird though because I know without question it can't really just be me not watching and at the same time I know eventually they're going to lose again.

But honestly, I don't miss the football all that much. Been too busy doing other stuff with the holidays and family to really notice and highlights after the game are fine.

Nope, though I have considered it. 7 missed games and 7 wins is hard to let go of. It's weird though because I know without question it can't really just be me not watching and at the same time I know eventually they're going to lose again.

But honestly, I don't miss the football all that much. Been too busy doing other stuff with the holidays and family to really notice and highlights after the game are fine.
You can always listen to the game on 610.

Risky but possible
You'll be ok and so will the Texans brother. Lol
I sometimes mute my tv and listen to 610 because Mark's play by play is always great. You can tell he's a Texans fan while listening to him. He gets very excited after a good play.

I am 7-0 when I switched from jersey's to Texan polo's Much less of a sacrifice

I respect that.

Well... we’re here to cheer/cry alongside ya if you -do- decide to come back at one point.

Houston 34-17 over Tennessee
TEN.png
Titans: C+

It's not easy to lose when your quarterback completes nearly every pass he throws (22 of 23), but the Titans managed to that in Houston. Although Marcus Mariota threw for 304 yards, there were times in this game where he just held on to the ball too long, and combined with bad protection, that led to six sacks for Houston. Of course, the biggest problem for the Titans was the fact that they got steamrolled by Houston's offense. The Titans surrendered 463 yards against the Texans, which is the most they've surrendered all season. Corey Davis was a bright spot for the Titans with 135 yards from scrimmage and a touchdown.

HOU.png
Texans: A

The Texans fell in a quick 10-0 hole over the first six minutes of the game, but after that, it was all Houston. The Texans set a franchise record with 281 rushing yards and a big reason they were able to do that was because of Lamar Miller, who carried the ball 12 times for 162 yards. Miller made the play of the game in the second quarter when he scored on a 97-yard run. The touchdown was especially big because it came one play after the Titans went for it on fourth down from Houston's three-yard line. Deshaun Watson also had a monster night with 280 total yards (210 passing, 70 rushing) and three total touchdowns. Thanks to Miller and Watson, the Texans offense slightly overshadowed the play of a Houston defense that racked up six sacks.

link

Back