Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Game 10...After The Bye...Washington Redskins!

JamTex

Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!
On Sunday, November 18th at 12:00 noon CST our Houston Texans will travel to our nations capital to take on the Washington Redskins at FedEx Field. The game will be aired on TV on CBS 11 and on radio on AM SportsTalk 610.

Here are some stats for you as of before the Redskins/Buccaneers game.

Texans / Redskins
Offense:
Points per game/League Ranking
24.0 (15th) / 20.0 (25th)
Yards per game
369.1 (14th) / 343.9 (25th)
Passing yards per game
248.9 (19th) / 222.0 (24th)
Rushing yards per game
120.0 (11th) / 121.9 (10th)

Defense:
Points per game allowed
20.4 (7th) / 21.5 (9th)
Yards per game allowed
336.3 (9th) / 343.5 (10th)
Passing yards per game allowed
243.4 (15th) / 254.1 (20th)
Rushing yards per game allowed
92.7 (7th) / 89.4 (5th)

Theses 2 teams are fairly equal with the Texans having the bigger edge on offense and a slight edge on defense. The only 2 categories the Redskins have a slight advantage is in both the run offense and run defense. All in all, the clear advantage does go to our Houston Texans in all other categories.

Here are the 2 teams.

Your Houston Texans...
Offense:
WR DeAndre Hopkins Vyncint Smith
LT Julie'n Davenport Martinas Rankin
LG Senio Kelemete
C Nick Martin Greg Mancz
RG Zach Fulton
RT Kendall Lamm
TE Ryan Griffin Jordan Thomas Jordan Akins
WR Keke Coutee
WR Demaryius Thomas Sammie Coates Jr.
QB Deshaun Watson Brandon Weeden Joe Webb III
RB Lamar Miller Alfred Blue Tyler Ervin Buddy Howell

Defense:
DE J.J. Watt Christian Covington Carlos Watkins
NT Brandon Dunn
DE D.J. Reader Angelo Blackson Joel Heath
SAM Whitney Mercilus Brennan Scarlett
MIKE Benardrick McKinney Brian Peters
WILL Zach Cunningham Josh Keyes Peter Kalambayi
JACK Jadeveon Clowney Duke Ejiofor
CB Johnathan Joseph Shareece Wright Natrell Jamerson Johnson Bademosi
CB Kareem Jackson Aaron Colvin Deante Burton
S Tyrann Mathieu Mike Tyson
S Justin Reid Andre Hal A.J. Moore

Special Teams:
K Ka'imi Fairbairn
P Trevor Daniel
LS Jon Weeks
KR Tyler Ervin Keke Coutee
PR Tyler Ervin Keke Coutee
H Trevor Daniel

The Washington Redskins...
Offense:
WR Josh Doctson Maurice Harris
LT Trent Williams Geron Christian Sr.
LG Shawn Lauvao Casey Dunn
C Chase Roullier Tony Bergstrom
RG Brandon Scherff Casey Dunn
RT Morgan Moses Ty Nsekhe
TE Jordan Reed Vernon Davis Jeremy Sprinkle
WR Jamison Crowder
WR Paul Richardson Jr. Brian Quick Michael Floyd
QB Alex Smith Colt McCoy
RB Adrian Peterson Chris Thompson Kapri Bibbs Samaje Perine

Defense:
DE Jonathan Allen
NT Daron Payne Tim Settle
DE Matt Ioannidis Caleb Brantley
SLB Preston Smith Ryan Anderson
MLB Zach Brown Josh Harvey-Clemons
MLB Mason Foster Zach Vigil Shaun Dion Hamilton
WLB Ryan Kerrigan Pernell McPhee
CB Quinton Dunbar Fabian Moreau Danny Johnson
CB Josh Norman Greg Stroman Adonis Alexander
SS Montae Nicholson Deshazor Everett
FS D.J. Swearinger Sr. Troy Apke Ha Ha Clinton-Dix

Special Teams:
P Tress Way
K Dustin Hopkins
H Tress Way
LS Nick Sundberg
KR Danny Johnson Greg Stroman
PR Jamison Crowder Greg Stroman

The Redskins have a great weapon on offense in Adrian Peterson but if he's stopped, so is the Redskins offense. Easier said then done. He's been in beast mode this year with 136 carries for 604 yards and 4 touchdowns so far. And, he can catch out of the backfield with 12 catches for 162 yards and 2 touchdowns. The Texans defense will have to contain him and open field tackling will be extremely important to get him down before he can do his damage. That will be the biggest key to the game. If the Texans defense can keep Peterson contained and limit his big plays, the Texans will have a much better chance of winning this game. Other then that, the Redskins offense has nothing much else to fall back on.
The Redskins defense is just behind the Texans defense in ranking and with the addition of Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, their secondary just got a shot in the arm. Him and the all to familiar DJ Swearinger will be a formidable duo in the backfield. Defending the passing game was Washington's biggest weakness on defense and they improved that with the addition of Clinton-Dix.
The Texans have a formidable offense of their own. With the addition of Damaryius Thomas to go along with Hopkins, that gives Watson a couple of solid receivers to get the ball to. Lamar Miller will have to get things going on the ground, and this is a tall order considering how well the Redskins have been able to defend the run. With that said, Hopefully, the 2 Jordans can step up in the passing game and become better, more dependable threats and improve their run blocking and hopefully Miller can make himself more available out of the backfield as a receiver. There are a couple of hopeful returns that we could see as well in Keke Coutee and D'Onte Foreman. They may not, and likely won't be back, but they would be a huge boost if they could. They'll both be back soon enough though.
On defense, the Redskins have allot more to worry about in trying to control Watt, Clowney and Mercilus at the line and we've got a couple of beasts of our own in the secondary with Mathieu and Jackson roaming around back their just looking to destroy any ball carrier. Some key returns that are somewhat likely to be back are Joseph, Cunningham, Colvin and Hal. Let's hope they can return and be healthy. These guys will just add to an already formidable defense.
I see this game as a hard fought battle between 2 teams that want to win to stay on top of their respective divisions. It's going to be a good one.
Just because of the slight edge in so many areas over the Redskins, the Texans will pull this one out and be 7-3 after the Bye.

Texans 24
Redskins 21

Last edited:
I agree, their rushing game will take a hit with the losses on the line. Even AP needs some gaps. I expect we can shut down their rushing game and make them one dimensional. Again, non elite offensive teams I feel comfortable against as our defense will control them, then special teams and offense just have to do average to win

Good guys win 27-17

We handled Denver's offense with several guys out who could be back. Imo this could be a blow out. No sucking for oxygen as at Mile High. Texans come out much more rested.

I think we're a bad matchup for Washington. I think O'Brien/Romeo can outcoach Jay Gruden and his staff, only thing I worry about is this just being another tough place to play on the road. Washington was the NFC team I always liked back in the day, when there was no more Oilers the Skins were my favorite team. I still had a bit of a thing for them the first few years of the Texans existence, Washington was my 1b to my Texans 1a, gradually over the years I just went numb towards them though and I feel nothing for them. Still consider them my favorite NFC team and awesome to see them play the Texans, I believe this will be the first truly meaningful meeting between the two with both teams playing with winning records in 1st place. Going to be cool.

My fav pic. Probably GOAT Texans game and one of the best games in nfl history imo. Wish i could see it again

Will always say the playoff loss at Baltimore my favorite game. That game at Washington a close second
I can't really remember Andre ever showing that much emotion after a catch. That's why I like that shot of him so much.

I'd still have to say my favorite Texans game is still the very first game the win over the Cowboys. I was still living in Houston at the time and it was a special time for me, being there for the relaunch of my hometown NFL team was a big part of that time, I've rewatched the game on Youtube recently and everything about it just gives me goosebumps and takes me back in time to that era. The game against Cincy where Yates clinched the division and sealed our first playoff spot and then that first playoff game is right up there with it but I would have to say the best actual football game as far as the game itself, in a game that we won, I would have to say the Redskins game in 2010 was the best Texans game ever played and one of the more underrated gems in all NFL history.

An 'easy' game allows more rest and more experience for backups. I don't want Watt and Clowney padding stats if can get some snaps off. Same with Watson. Rotate some of those D guys like Heath, Dunn and Watkins in. Maybe that 3rd RB can show his stuff second half.

Will always say the playoff loss at Baltimore my favorite game. That game at Washington a close second
Hey that was also my fav - saw that in Vegas but can't remember which Club&Caino we were at but that was a great game and of course we should have won and that would have put us in the AFC championship with the Pats as I recall ?

Hey that was also my fav - saw that in Vegas but can't remember which Club&Caino we were at but that was a great game and of course we should have won and that would have put us in the AFC championship with the Pats as I recall ?
yup, man arian was furious afterwards for not getting the rock. couldn't blame yates for trying to force it to dre. that was the best team to date in my opinion. you saw it at vegas, dope

We'll cross that bridge when we come to it. In advance, I like our chances.

How bout Oilers vs Redskins week 10 1991 season? I recently watched this one on Youtube for the first time, extremely interesting game and a good one too. At the time people thought this could be a preview of the Super Bowl XXVI, I believe Redskins were undefeated at the time on an 11 game win streak and Oilers were thought to be best in the AFC. What was interesting about the game was how Joe Gibbs Redskins defense that year was money against all the Run N Shoot teams, they crushed the Falcons and Lions both in regular season and in the NFC playoffs and then this win over the Oilers(and I guess Buffalo in the SB they were kinda a Run N Shoot team almost). The Oilers actually gave them the toughest game, low scoring all defense Skins won it in OT probably one of their toughest games that year in a 14-2 season they were one of the best teams of all time. Oilers went on to lose to Denver in the playoffs after Elway's epic Drive II.

I watched all the 91 playoff games on youtube a few years back, had Houston been able to stop Elway on one of those 4th downs on that drive I liked their chances against Buffalo the next week, Buffalo's offense was having major issues at that time they barely beat Denver in AFC Championship(without scoring an offensive touchdown, Denver had a great defense that year though) and were in crisis mode against Washington in the Super Bowl. Probably should have been Oilers vs Skins rematch in that Super Bowl

Last edited:
The Redskins has lost quite few of their key players to injury but they won't be that easy to beat. Their defense is legit.

I'm a homer

Texans 30
Redskins 21

How bout Oilers vs Redskins week 10 1991 season? I recently watched this one on Youtube for the first time, extremely interesting game and a good one too. At the time people thought this could be a preview of the Super Bowl XXVI, I believe Redskins were undefeated at the time on an 11 game win streak and Oilers were thought to be best in the AFC. What was interesting about the game was how Joe Gibbs Redskins defense that year was money against all the Run N Shoot teams, they crushed the Falcons and Lions both in regular season and in the NFC playoffs and then this win over the Oilers(and I guess Buffalo in the SB they were kinda a Run N Shoot team almost). The Oilers actually gave them the toughest game, low scoring all defense Skins won it in OT probably one of their toughest games that year in a 14-2 season they were one of the best teams of all time. Oilers went on to lose to Denver in the playoffs after Elway's epic Drive II.

I watched all the 91 playoff games on youtube a few years back, had Houston been able to stop Elway on one of those 4th downs on that drive I liked their chances against Buffalo the next week, Buffalo's offense was having major issues at that time they barely beat Denver in AFC Championship(without scoring an offensive touchdown, Denver had a great defense that year though) and were in crisis mode against Washington in the Super Bowl. Probably should have been Oilers vs Skins rematch in that Super Bowl

Is that the one where Howfield missed a kick either at the end of regulation or in OT, and then got cut after the game? I remember Jeffires had some words for him after the game, too, and Howfield said he hopes Jeffires drops a pass in the end zone, so he'd know how it feels. That really stuck with me because I think he did drop a TD in the loss to the Broncos in the playoffs.

Is that the one where Howfield missed a kick either at the end of regulation or in OT, and then got cut after the game? I remember Jeffires had some words for him after the game, too, and Howfield said he hopes Jeffires drops a pass in the end zone, so he'd know how it feels. That really stuck with me because I think he did drop a TD in the loss to the Broncos in the playoffs.

Exactly what happened.

# Karma

Exactly what happened.

# Karma

Man, I went and watched that Denver game. I forgot how undisciplined those Oilers were. Dumbass penalties, dumbass mistakes, poor clock management, poor timeout management. Of course, I remember them as a team that should have done better, they surely had the talent, but I'm not surprised they didn't.

Man, I went and watched that Denver game. I forgot how undisciplined those Oilers were. Dumbass penalties, dumbass mistakes, poor clock management, poor timeout management. Of course, I remember them as a team that should have done better, they surely had the talent, but I'm not surprised they didn't.

Glanville/Pardee

Fountain of youth will help you out Doc!
I took your suggestion................it took a while, but..................I FOUND IT!!!!! I FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!

latest

The Skins will be looking forward to the Cowboys. On the other hand, the Toros have never done much against Alex Smith. This one will go into the record books as a tie. Texans 23, Blueskins 23.

The Skins will be looking forward to the Cowboys. On the other hand, the Toros have never done much against Alex Smith. This one will go into the record books as a tie. Texans 23, Blueskins 23.
Ties suck and the NFL’s had enough of them this year already.

Reactions: JB
After watching yesterday's Washington/Tampa Bay game, I'm convinced Houston is going to beat Washington even more.
That was a bad game between 2 bad teams. The Buccaneers just sucked worse then the Redskins. The Buccaneers missed 2 field goals and turned the ball over 4 times at the most inopportune times. The Redskins didn't capitalize on many of those mistakes either only coming away with 16 points total. The Redskins defense couldn't stop the Tampa Bay passing attack, but Tampa Bay couldn't get out of their own way. Houston won't make those mistakes and when they have to get field goals, Fairbairn won't miss them.

Last edited:
After watching yesterday's Washington/Tampa Bay game, I'm convinced Houston is going to beat Washington even more.
That was a bad game between 2 bad teams. The Buccaneers just sucked worse then the Redskins. The Buccaneers missed 2 field goals and turned the ball over 4 times at the most inopportune times. The Redskins didn't capitalize on many of those mistakes either only coming away with 16 points total. The Redskins defense couldn't stop the Tampa Bay passing attack, but Tampa Bay couldn't get out of their own way. Houston won't make those mistakes and when they have to get field goals, Fairbairn won't miss them.
two games I liked showed me we can beat Titans, Patriots and Rams. I've enjoyed this bye week more than any before.
Now after battling back to regain first place, the Texans are going to have to figure out what kind of team they are to finish out this season and look to the playoffs. Houston has a favorable schedule to close out the final seven games, but how this team wins going forward remains the question.

The Texans are currently ranked ninth overall in defense and 14th overall in offense. Houston brings great balance in both, but the one issue is the play-calling during the games. Texans coach Bill O’Brien is stuck on the game plan for that particular week versus that specific opponent. The run game is a crucial component, but when it does not work, it is time to switch up the game plan and try a different scheme.
https://texanswire.usatoday.com/201..._medium=recirc&utm_campaign=rail-most-popular

During regular season, let there be ties. I am not a fan of overtime during regular season. Playoffs of course need overtime rules.

I actually agree with this. If you can't win it in 60 minutes then take the tie. Don't like ties, then win it regulation. Really care about player safety? End OT.

And yes, OT is a must in the playoffs, but do away with the TD ends it rule. That still gives an advantage to the team winning the coin flip. Both teams possess regardless of who scores what, then sudden death from there if still tied.

Last edited:
Back