Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

[FOX Sports] No Sophomore Slump For Slaton

DiehardChris

You betcha!
LOL, the first image in that package is of Andre Johnson!

Good to hear someone out there thinks Steve can hold up. There has been a ton of talk about him breaking down... I don't think he'll break down, necessarily - I just really, really hope they truly give the complimentary back the 10-12 carries they say they are. It will extend Steve's career.

False Start

On # 69
I sure hope Steve Slaytun doesn't fall victim to the Sophomore slump. I expect big things this season from Steve Slaytun.

Norg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
i still think he needs either a rookie back or maybe a good vet behind him

Anyone has to be better then Green was last year so maybe Slaton will acctually get less touches ...and that might be a good thing

gary

Hall of Fame
Go Slaton go run your heart out run your team right into the playoffs in 2009, 2010, 2011, whatever but please lets make it sooner rather than later.

HOU-TEX

Ah, Football!
Actually, when Green played he played well.
when he wasn't looking for a place to fall down. :jogger:
I agree. IMO, Green was average at best when running the ball. Being the bigger back, he seemed easier to bring down than Slaton. Like Vinny said, he seemed to hit the ground as he was breaking through the first level.

I was one that got excited when we initially signed Green. I'm now excited we're moving on without him. However, I'm not really enthused with what we currently have behind Slaton, but willing to let the RB battle play itself out in the preseason. Whether it is somebody currently on the roster, or a player brought in after camp begins, I expect more production than what we got from Green.

Vinny

shiny happy fan
I agree. IMO, Green was average at best when running the ball. Being the bigger back, he seemed easier to bring down than Slaton. Like Vinny said, he seemed to hit the ground as he was breaking through the first level.

I was one that got excited when we initially signed Green. I'm now excited we're moving on without him. However, I'm not really enthused with what we currently have behind Slaton, but willing to let the RB battle play itself out in the preseason. Whether it is somebody currently on the roster, or a player brought in after camp begins, I expect more production than what we got from Green.
yeah, sadly funny 'cause I was fired up too...till that preseason game where he burst through off-tackle - knees high and before the linebacker could make contact, he found a nice comfortable spot to fall down. I took down my new batman siggy that day. RIP

barrett

All Pro
yeah, sadly funny 'cause I was fired up too...till that preseason game where he burst through off-tackle - knees high and before the linebacker could make contact, he found a nice comfortable spot to fall down. I took down my new batman siggy that day. RIP

I think it was the first Tacks game where he lowers his shoulder and just destroys the guy. Safety? CB? I dont remember but I don't think it's fair to say he didn't run hard. He had so few runs. There were some bulling his way. I remember one on the goal line as well. You're probably right though, at his age I bet he was not giving it all on every play.

dc_txtech

All Pro
I think it was the first Tacks game where he lowers his shoulder and just destroys the guy. Safety? CB? I dont remember but I don't think it's fair to say he didn't run hard. He had so few runs. There were some bulling his way. I remember one on the goal line as well. You're probably right though, at his age I bet he was not giving it all on every play.
Are you talking about Green or Slaton?

barrett

All Pro
Green. He had a handful of tough runs. I am not suggesting that he was productive. But I think he did run hard at times.

dc_txtech

All Pro
Green. He had a handful of tough runs. I am not suggesting that he was productive. But I think he did run hard at times.
I remember Slaton running over a couple of Titans, including Michael Griffin at the goalline. But I don't think Green even played against the tacks.

barrett

All Pro
there's nothing worse than somebody who is a let down in real life and also a drag in never-neverland.