Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Fire Palmer Now!

I have not seen these threads from those knuckleheads for a while. I guess they are happy that we are winning. However, I bet we will see these threads again if we lose two games in row. Go Astros and Texans!

They have an article about this in the Houston Chronicle. Sounds as if we may be opening the offense even more after the break.

I say Fire Palmer now and replace him with Greg Davis, the offensive coordinator for Texas. That way the fans would TRULY have something to gripe about. ....and you thought Palmer was predictable and conservative.

TheOgre said:
I say Fire Palmer now and replace him with Greg Davis, the offensive coordinator for Texas. That way the fans would TRULY have something to gripe about. ....and you thought Palmer was predictable and conservative.

that's not even funny :thumbdown

I think people are happy that he's opening it up a bit. 40% of the offense shouldn't run through DD, IMHO. I do like some of the calls he's been making lately, and I LOVE the slants and crossing patterns with AJ. I like the fact that AJ is such a good deep threat, but I'm glad that's not all we're using him for. Thoose quick-out routes are my other favorites too. :)

I've said this before and I'll say it again the reason why people say fire palmer is because after a loss people are upset and they are venting, I have also been guilty of this, so lay off of them. Plus he has run questionable calls and even you can't deny that. The bad thing about makeing posts is once you sudmit them it sticks and a day later sometimes some of them you write makes you look silly. Most of these posts are made out of frustration and if you are frustrated you can't think clearly, espeicaily if you lose to the chargers and the lions the first two weeks after you have a nice streak going in winning season oppeners and your starting running back is strugleing.

Being 3-3 is better than I expected us to be right now. If Palmer should be the fall guy for the 1st 2 losses, then he should be the king for wins against the Titans, Chiefs and Raiders. Be careful what you wish for folks, if the Texans finish with a good year, Palmers' stock rises for head coaching jobs next year. Then it would be back to square one with the offense.

I am happy with the offense and those first two might have been a lot better with DD not putting the ball on the ground. However, I think his injury has forced the Texans to open things and they have seen the good that our WR crew can accomplish.

SESupergenius said:
...Be careful what you wish for folks, if the Texans finish with a good year, Palmers' stock rises for head coaching jobs next year. Then it would be back to square one with the offense.
I don't think so. Square one was 6 rookies starting on offense. I think a lot of good OCs would jump at the chance to work with David Carr & Andre Johnson.

I think a lot of people were "wishing" that the Texans would throw downfield more to take advantage of the QBs and the WRs strengths. That's happened in the past 4 games and look at the results. That didn't happen previously for whatever reasons. If Palmer can get another HC gig, God bless him. But that shouldn't have any impact on the Texans offense progressing and becoming one of the better units in the NFL.

Bottle-O-Bud said:
JESUS H. CHRIST!

You people know there are like 7 treads like these on the boards? Must you guys start another one? Keep the gloating on one thread.

:rofl:

BUD AN REAL AMERICAN A-HOLE. :rofl:

Run or Pass? Run to open up the pass or pass to open up the run? Run when you fail for 3 quarters or abandon the game plan and throw throw throw? Run when you should pass or pass? The only right decision is the one that works on any given play. Ive seen the O open a drive with 3 passes that fail and I never hear anyone comment that they should have run the ball. But when a run gets stuffed 1 time on a 3rd and 4, Palmers gotta go. Actually Its good that this comes out now while times are good, that way when they are bad the fire Palmer threads carry less weight.

Jwwillis said:
The only right decision is the one that works on any given play. Ive seen the O open a drive with 3 passes that fail and I never hear anyone comment that they should have run the ball. But when a run gets stuffed 1 time on a 3rd and 4, Palmers gotta go.

All I have to say is PERFECT.

Trying to remember the last time I heard someone say "why did we pass on third and one"?--oh yeah, that's right--never.

TheOgre said:
I thought it was pretty funny. I guess some people don't have a sense of humor.

I got the joke...The that's not funny :thumbdown was sacastic.

I am UT fan (not alumni) and would not wish Greg Davis on my nephew's pee wee league team. :rollbaby:

all you have to do is look at his bio. he drafted tim couch. was the brown's head coach for the first 2 years, where are they now? as bad as us. coached with new england when they were horrible. coached witht he oilers under pardee. the man has loser written on his forehead. he's is a proven loser. his credits include mark brunell and drew bledsoe. do we want david carr to be brunells and bledsoes?

Well you better check the history books. When Palmer coached those two they were virtually unstoppable. Now they both blow. Not too much of a slam on Palmer.

Same as Marino had. Same number we have had here in Houston in 30-40 years of Pro Football. That doesn't mean anything.

The young Jags had one of the great offenses of their era with Palmer leading the still expansion Jaguars deep into the AFC Playoffs. Bledsoe was never better when Palmer was his coach also. If you look up their stats while he was there you will see most of the skill guys coached under Palmer had career years.

Vinny said:
Same as Marino had. Same number we have had here in Houston in 30-40 years of Pro Football. That doesn't mean anything.

The young Jags had one of the great offenses of their era with Palmer leading the still expansion Jaguars deep into the AFC Playoffs. Bledsoe was never better when Palmer was his coach also. If you look up their stats while he was there you will see most of the skill guys coached under Palmer had career years.

Take that!!! :coolb: Carr will be fine will Palmer by his side.

hmm glad to see carr will be fine,,,oh but i forgot it takes a TEAM to win,,,so how many superbowls palmer won ??? that really does a lot of good than doesnt it ,,,we can hope carr has good stats and we never win a championship ! GrEaT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hmmm:

I had to revise what i wrote about Palmers movie since it was filmed in Feb/March and not actually during football season....I guess i'm just angry at him because it doesn't seem like his heart in actually in the Texans...

Back