Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

FIRE O'BRIEN NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

welsh texan

You may say I’m a dreamer but I’m not the only one
was a damned decent party until O'B showed up....
then someone let him be the bartender, barbecue chef, and the DJ.

hard to do all three jobs very well
Turned out like a British barbecue, the

Meat burnt to a crisp on the outside yet somehow still raw enough inside to give everyone in attendance food poisoning.

Bar constists of several cases of Fosters gently baking in the sun until a quick blast in the freezer before drinking.

DJ constists of a Spotify playlist of 90’s girl bands until that one friend who’s really into musicals gets hold of the aux cable and proceeds to play songs from the shows with a running diatribe about how the wicked witch of the west was really just a misunderstood character in the Wizard of Oz.

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
We will see.

Some are able to pull it off, some aren't.
perhaps.....
the old school rule: "jack of all trades, master of none" springs to mind for me.

and, yes, we will see.

one also wonders if the host is just being cheap
since he only has to pay one person for all three jobs
and 'cause folk will turn up anyway..... where else they gonna go?
:D

Texansballer74

The Marine
perhaps.....
the old school rule: "jack of all trades, master of none" springs to mind for me.

and, yes, we will see.

I don’t think he’s being cheap but being lazy. I believe Cal just didn’t want to go through the interviewing process. Probably thought finding a perfect match would be too big of a task.

perhaps.....

and, yes, we will see.

Also I would imagine rookie OC/DC's come cheap. Isn't this the CB coaches first job?

Ownership has gotta save everywhere they can to make ends meet.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Looks like @Lucky might get lucky!

(except that “princess” is probably a dude around here getting in touch with his feminine side, not that there’s anything wrong with that)
Does he have a thing for intelligent women?
Hey, Hey, Hey. There will be no love connection here, DB Woolery. Not playing the Crying Game.

This thread has gotten way out of hand.

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I don’t think he’s being cheap but being lazy. I believe Cal just didn’t want to go through the interviewing process. Probably thought finding a perfect match would be too big of a task.
Doesn't that say - really loudly - that Cal's not all in? Wouldn't you bring in help if you realized that you were in over your head?
I know I'd look for help/expertise

I've just had a mod physically threaten me by PM.

Man what's this board coming to when a man would threaten a woman. That should be ban worthy. Maybe another mod or Kevin will step up and do what's right.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I've just had a mod physically threaten me by PM.

Man what's this board coming to when a man would threaten a woman. That should be ban worthy. Maybe another mod or Kevin will step up and do what's right.
It is not a threat to say, "if you are threatening me, come over for a visit. Here is my address."

Notice the first word "if"

dream_team

Hall of Fame
Remember when we used to say, "Ownership shouldn't meddle, let the football people make the decisions?"

I think that's exactly what's going on here. Cal is stepping aside and trusting his football people, BOB & Easterby. IMO, nothing to do with being cheap or lazy.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
(except that “princess” is probably a dude around here getting in touch with his feminine side, not that there’s anything wrong with that)
Yep. Verified sock account of a well-known poster. We won't be seeing that particular 'princess' around for a while. :howdy:

If folks want to play Whack-A-Mole with mods and admins, let's do it. Just remember, we ain't scared to use our banhammers.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
Yep. Verified sock account of a well-known poster. We won't be seeing that particular 'princess' around for a while. :howdy:

If folks want to play Whack-A-Mole with mods and admins, let's do it. Just remember, we ain't scared to use our banhammers.
Enquiring minds would like to know how steelbtexan missed posting up to this point today and texanprincess makes her debut.....but with the same arguments. Interesting.....very inter-resting! If it was steelbtexan....come on back so we can debate some issues. We see eye to eye on more things than not.

RGV82

Random guy
Enquiring minds would like to know how steelbtexan missed posting up to this point today and texanprincess makes her debut.....but with the same arguments. Interesting.....very inter-resting! If it was steelbtexan....come on back so we can debate some issues. We see eye to eye on more things than not.
I have not observed any overlap in their posts. When one is here the other disappears. Hmmm.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

1st of all my wife not only made a few posts to Lucky, but did the research on the PM and wrote the PM's to Kevin. So yes, she spoke loud and clear. BTW, did you happen to see her join date? Banhammer away, SMH

2nd of all the double standards around these parts never cease to amaze me. Lucky called another poster a POS, the Mod who banned me challenged me to a fight. (He either was very emotional or had reading comprehension issues, probably both after reading his posts.) Then you have a former Admin that used to curse like a sailor on here. Heck I've seen Corrosion and you use curse words. But let me use the terms Butthurt Kubiak fans or Pats hater an Bam Banned. You guys are thick as thieves. Maybe it's too much expect ANY POSTER who threatens another poster to be banned much less a Mod. if Kevin did the right thing at a minimum he would have his moderatorship stripped, if he wasn't given a lifetime ban. Kevin said he didn't want to get involved and would let you guys work it out. Well I think we've seen how this is going to go. SMDH (Is SMDH ban worthy)

I've come to expect this type of behavior from the new Mod, but you really disappoint me. I guess like with the Texans I set my expectations far too high around this joint.

PM me because I dont want to get banned for using terms like Butthurt Kubiak Fans or Pats hater in my response.

Last edited:

DBCooper

Outlaw
Contributor's Club
Because they threatened me with violence when I challenged his actions.

I wonder why you're making this post. Look up thread and re-read my post to DB, apparently you're having reading comprehension issues this morning. I spelled it out very well in that post.

Please PM me with a response, I dont want to get banned for using terms like Kubiak Butthurt Fans or Pats hater.

BTW, you've used plenty of colorful language here throughout the yrs. Wonder why you didn't get banned.
That was before they killed the NSZ and enacted the new “lite” version of TexansTalk.

I’m guessing you didn’t notice the shift.

It’s just a matter of time and this won’t be worth Kevin’s annoyance anymore.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
1st of all my wife not only made a few posts to Lucky, but did the research on the PM and wrote the PM's to Kevin. So yes, she spoke loud and clear. BTW, did you happen to see her join date? Banhammer away, SMH

2nd of all the double standards around these parts never cease to amaze me. Lucky called another poster a POS, the Mod who banned me challenged me to a fight. (He either was very emotional or had reading comprehension issues, probably both after reading his posts.) Then you have a former Admin that used to curse like a sailor on here. Heck I've seen Corrosion and you use curse words. But let me use the terms Butthurt Kubiak fans or Pats hater an Bam Banned. You guys are thick as thieves. Maybe it's too much expect ANY POSTER who threatens another poster to be banned much less a Mod. if Kevin did the right thing at a minimum he would have his moderatorship stripped, if he wasn't given a lifetime ban. Kevin said he didn't want to get involved and would let you guys work it out. Well I think we've seen how this is going to go. SMDH (Is SMDH ban worthy)

I've come to expect this type of behavior from the new Mod, but you really disappoint me. I guess like with the Texans I set my expectations far too high around this joint.

PM me because I dont want to get banned for using terms like Butthurt Kubiak Fans or Pats hater in my response.
If you want a public display, we can do it. However, I have absolutely no desire to make an example of any member.

That said, the truth of the matter is that your temp ban was due to your own behavior. Own it, accept responsibility like a man, and let's move on.

Otherwise, if you continue on your current chosen trajectory, you will continue to be held accountable for your own actions.

Posters define themselves at Texans Talk. And your post above is part of your own story, in your own words.

I'm not hear to live up to anyone's expectations. My goal here is, and always has been, to protect the forum. And that includes holding accountable anyone that threatens a moderator.

I've been a mod with this forum since 2006 and I've seen a lot of good posters come and go. All left by choice, by either their own volition or because they did not think forum rules applied to them and were no longer welcomed.

If you want to chat about "disappointment", try looking in the mirror. You've been a member since 2007. We know you know the rules. They are basic, and they are simple to comprehend.

If you need to reply, PM me. Replies in this thread will be removed. And all posts in other unrelated threads about this subject will be removed, as well.

austins23

Hall of Fame
OK....I am going to use the power vested in me by the President of the United States to use my authority and issue a direct order.

GROUP HUG! Now everyone go have a beer together!!

if not adhered to it will reflect on everyone's mid term appraisal. Cash awards will not be handed out "just because".

:kitten:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
If you want a public display, we can do it. However, I have absolutely no desire to make an example of any member.

That said, the truth of the matter is that your temp ban was due to your own behavior. Own it, accept responsibility like a man, and let's move on.

Otherwise, if you continue on your current chosen trajectory, you will continue to be held accountable for your own actions.

Posters define themselves at Texans Talk. And your post above is part of your own story, in your own words.

I'm not hear to live up to anyone's expectations. My goal here is, and always has been, to protect the forum. And that includes holding accountable anyone that threatens a moderator.

I've been a mod with this forum since 2006 and I've seen a lot of good posters come and go. All left by choice, by either their own volition or because they did not think forum rules applied to them and were no longer welcomed.

If you want to chat about "disappointment", try looking in the mirror. You've been a member since 2007. We know you know the rules. They are basic, and they are simple to comprehend.

If you need to reply, PM me. Replies in this thread will be removed. And all posts in other unrelated threads about this subject will be removed, as well.
Check your PM, seems like you're going to be earning your pay. You're right, there's a reason why alot of good posters have left over the yrs and heavy handedness/double standards are a big reason why. I pointed out the double standards and now y'all are all butthurt. I'm going to the beach. Good day.

I hope y'all dont consider this post to be inappropriate.

Last edited:

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
Did someone call law enforcement?

So this guy I know (me) had far to many corona's last weekend and they weren't the 19 variety. We had a virtual house party with numerous posters culminating in a cage match with freaking Bill O'Brien.

At the time I thought it was entertaining. Significantly less the following day with a hangover. That said, I didn't think it was possible for this thread to go farther off track. But then I kept reading.

Gd.

Board members Ive liked and respected for years getting after each other in new ways. People build up steam and get emotional. Hostilities flair and I know I'm just as guilty as anyone, but let's all take a step back and hit the reset button.

This is a good forum with quality members and a topic we care about. Let's have a fist bump and try not letting previous arguments effect future conversations.

I'll try to. And I'll try not to get so smashed I have any more forum house parties (sorry.)

Let's get back on topic:

I cant wait to see O'Brien fired and I wont settle for anything less then an AFC championship appearance. Do you agree?

Status
Not open for further replies.