Thanks for your support!

FIRE O'BRIEN NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
We are posters on this MB

Other GM's, for instance the ones who were supposedly interested in Nuk. Eagles/Pats/Bengals/Cards. Supposedly the Cards gave the best offer.

You can believe this or not but it is what it is. Also if this is the best they could do they should've held onto Nuk. IMHO So I get what you're saying. However WE dont know hat was going on behind the scenes that could've forced BOB to trade Nuk.
I 100% believe that Cards gave the best offer. Unless your OB, you don't come out of the gate with your top offer. You low ball the guy and see if you can sucker him into biting. OB gets suckered both ways. Way overpay in draft picks to get Tunsil and Sills and way under receive, in every way possible, to trade Nuk. It's called negotiating. OB sucks at it.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I 100% believe that Cards gave the best offer. Unless your OB, you don't come out of the gate with your top offer.
I don't know about that. New England may have offered their 1st, 5th, & 6th. Feeling that wasn't enough BO'b probably asked for more, which I would. That's not enough.

Arizona probably offered their first round pick & their 4th. BO'b probably asked for more. So the Cardinals changed the deal to a 2nd & Carlos Hyde, swap this year's 4th for next.

In BO'bs mind that was the better deal. & an argument could be made. Not a strong argument, but depending on what we do with that 2nd & what DJ does in the field, it may very well be.

I don't think DJ is the answer, but if we can establish a legit running game to take the load off Watson, that could help our offense which has been bleh... with the three time ProBowler.

Yes. There were other, better ways to get a RB. But we're talking about a guy who used two timeouts to challenge a play.

Decim8

Veteran
Your rant is a reflection of your own personal animosity, which is fine. But it is not a reflection of the sucess the Texans organization actually are, as reflected in the fact they have won their division 4 out of the past 5 years.

If this is a joke to the rest of the league, do you not think all the losing organizations would like to join the Texans?
Ill give OB his due for winning the division 4/5 times, it ain't no small feat but do I think he could take us to the promised land? My answer is nope

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
He's painting the Texans org and BOB in a bad light. This could make the Texans a turn off to FA's. Or make them have to overpay killing their cap and thus making it harder for the Texans to acquire the talent necessary to win a championship.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I 100% believe that Cards gave the best offer. Unless your OB, you don't come out of the gate with your top offer. You low ball the guy and see if you can sucker him into biting. OB gets suckered both ways. Way overpay in draft picks to get Tunsil and Sills and way under receive, in every way possible, to trade Nuk. It's called negotiating. OB sucks at it.
He was negotiating with 4 teams and took the best offer after trying to play them against each other. There were no bites. I'm sorry Nuk wasn't worth in NFL circles what the MB including myself what we thought he was worth. Which is why BOB should've held onto Nuk this yr. IMHO

theCATALYST

Football Messiah
He was negotiating with 4 teams and took the best offer after trying to play them against each other. There were no bites. I'm sorry Nuk wasn't worth in NFL circles what the MB including myself what we thought he was worth. Which is why BOB should've held onto Nuk this yr. IMHO
There is a popular saying on craigslist for guy's selling their old hot-rods. "No lowballers, I know what I have". I wish O'Brien had that philosophy.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
Its mind boggling that this thread has been up for almost two years and not only is he still here but he's gained ever more power along the way.

It's sickening …. Some of us wanted him gone three years ago - or more.

That dude's like a cockroach that survived a nuclear blast and mutated …. into a giant monster

Number19

Hall of Fame
Its mind boggling that this thread has been up for almost two years and not only is he still here but he's gained ever more power along the way.

It's sickening …. Some of us wanted him gone three years ago - or more.

That dude's like a cockroach that survived a nuclear blast and mutated …. into a giant monster
The sense I get, not just from you, but in general, is that posters here don't want a sucessful winning.organization, rather they just want to have the team make it to the big game and I guess, win it.

Just once, if we're losers other than that, no matter.

Take a look at the past ten years, only New England has had a highly sucessful organization, using the Super Bowl as the determining factor. They've won three times and lost twice. That's five out of ten years.

The 49ers lost twice, with two different coaches. Broncos won once and lost once, with two different coaches. Seahawks the same, with the same coach each time.

So, over a ten year period, that's only 13 teams have made it to the big game and only 15 coaches. The only repeat coach other than Bill Belichick has been Seattle's Pete Carroll.

I guess my point is that there simply are not many head coaches who are long term sucessful. But finding a head coach who can put a winning team on the field season after season is much more likely. Finding this coach, then over a decade or so, there's a reasonable chance he'll find that magic at least once.

santo

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
The sense I get, not just from you, but in general, is that posters here don't want a sucessful winning.organization, rather they just want to have the team make it to the big game and I guess, win it.

Just once, if we're losers other than that, no matter.

Take a look at the past ten years, only New England has had a highly sucessful organization, using the Super Bowl as the determining factor. They've won three times and lost twice. That's five out of ten years.

The 49ers lost twice, with two different coaches. Broncos won once and lost once, with two different coaches. Seahawks the same, with the same coach each time.

So, over a ten year period, that's only 13 teams have made it to the big game and only 15 coaches. The only repeat coach other than Bill Belichick has been Seattle's Pete Carroll.

I guess my point is that there simply are not many head coaches who are long term sucessful. But finding a head coach who can put a winning team on the field season after season is much more likely. Finding this coach, then over a decade or so, there's a reasonable chance he'll find that magic at least once.
Blowing a 24-0 lead is not a sign of success. Before that he got shut down at home in the first round I think twice and didn’t seem to prepare his team in the first round against the Colts. Not to mention we almost lost to the Bills if it wasn’t for Watson. I guess at this point my optimism went out the window at this point.

Number19

Hall of Fame
Blowing a 24-0 lead is not a sign of success. Before that he got shut down at home in the first round I think twice and didn’t seem to prepare his team in the first round against the Colts. Not to mention we almost lost to the Bills if it wasn’t for Watson. I guess at this point my optimism went out the window at this point.
But winning 10 and 11 games the last two seasons is a sign of sucess. Which is my point. Also my other point is that most here on this forum, you seemingly among them, do not feel winning seasons represent a sucessful franchise.

Number19

Hall of Fame
Let me ask you this. Are the Bengals successful? They had winning seasons under Lewis, who I compare OB to.
I don't follow Cincinatti, but I googled. Yes, I'd say from 2009 - 2015 they were quite sucessful. Three years with 6, 7 and 6 wins did him in.

I've said that that three losing seasons in a row will be reason to replace OB.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I don't know about that. New England may have offered their 1st, 5th, & 6th. Feeling that wasn't enough BO'b probably asked for more, which I would. That's not enough.

Arizona probably offered their first round pick & their 4th. BO'b probably asked for more. So the Cardinals changed the deal to a 2nd & Carlos Hyde, swap this year's 4th for next.

In BO'bs mind that was the better deal. & an argument could be made. Not a strong argument, but depending on what we do with that 2nd & what DJ does in the field, it may very well be.

I don't think DJ is the answer, but if we can establish a legit running game to take the load off Watson, that could help our offense which has been bleh... with the three time ProBowler.

Yes. There were other, better ways to get a RB. But we're talking about a guy who used two timeouts to challenge a play.
Any team may have offered anything. Pure speculation on our part. I wouldn't at all be surprised if Arizona made the best initial offer and OB jumped at it thinking he couldn;t possibly do better by saying no thanks,
"Getting suckered by" is not pronounced "negotiating".

Number19

Hall of Fame
So you're content with being a paper tiger?
No, you're projecting your words onto me. I never said that.

Winning seasons build interest and anticipation. Going into an off season, there is interest and excitement in the draft and who will be drafted. Training camp is also an excitement an an anticipation who will be improving and who will challenge to be an impact player for the coming season. There is excitement and anticipation on whether the team had found and put in place the final pieces to get over the playoff hump and take that next step.

Yes, in hindsight, there was that final disappointment. But going into the season with an organization, team and coach that will be in the hunt is what an owner, and many if not all, fans want.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
No, you're projecting your words onto me. I never said that.

Winning seasons build interest and anticipation. Going into an off season, there is interest and excitement in the draft and who will be drafted. Training camp is also an excitement an an anticipation who will be improving and who will challenge to be an impact player for the coming season. There is excitement and anticipation on whether the team had found and put in place the final pieces to get over the playoff hump and take that next step.

Yes, in hindsight, there was that final disappointment. But going into the season with an organization, team and coach that will be in the hunt is what an owner, and many if not all, fans want.
The fan base in Cinci was ready for Lewis to go long before he was fired. More proof that owners don't listen to fans?

Number19

Hall of Fame
The fan base in Cinci was ready for Lewis to go long before he was fired. More proof that owners don't listen to fans?
I am unfamiliar with the situation. Are you referring to those fans posting on social media? Or were there too many empty seats on Sunday?

If the team was not drawing crowds on Sunday, I would say you are correct. If this is not the case, I would say you are being selective as to what part of the public you consider "fans".

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Owners shouldn’t listen to fans.

But he should know better than to allow what we’ve been seeing the last six seasons.

At the very least he should question the last six seasons enough to have brought someone in to advise him. If that guy was Easterby, then there’s not much hope for this franchise.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Any team may have offered anything. Pure speculation on our part. I wouldn't at all be surprised if Arizona made the best initial offer and OB jumped at it thinking he couldn;t possibly do better by saying no thanks,

"Getting suckered by" is not pronounced "negotiating".
There have been reports that Philly/Cincy/Pats all made offers.

chicagotexan2

Easterby = Little Finger/Cal = Fredo Corleone
This guy is winning every ******* power struggle.

For no reason.

What in the ******* world.
The only real power struggle is that fat Travolta struggles to be successful with having any power.

The fact that BoB has been rewarded (not punished) for his many coaching failures by getting more power and control leads me to believe Cal McNair is genuinely clueless. I mean like Bengals ownership clueless.
McNumbnuts should cede power to his
Mother and let her take the reigns. She couldn’t do much worse.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
The great thing is that BOB's going to be here atleast another 2-3 yrs and that should make this thread a blast for a long time.

I cant wait to see more posts from the posters that cant accept this reality. There should be some truly funny stuff posted.

I mean if the McNair's care so little about putting the best product on the field possible then why should the fans. Atleast the fans have their tailgaiting BBQ/Beer Fun.

Meanwhile Cal gets to keep on cashing those checks. It's just business, y'all keep the hits coming. I've been saying this since 2010. This has very little to do with BOB, it's just some people are way to slow to realize what the Houston Texans Inc is all about.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
I don't guess anyone is watching the replay of the Texans - Bills game on ESPN right now. It was 16 to zip in the middle of the 4th quarter, and we had zip .... and guess who physically hoisted the team upon their shoulders .... Watson of course, Hopkins and Hyde !! If you've got this on tape, watch it .... what a rush !! What a shame to dismantle a team like that !
Just an FYI, Game Pass is free right now. Anyone can watch any game all the way back to 2009.

TheMatrix31

Hall of Fame
The PR campaign the Texans are trying to run on their social media networks now is barely a step above the pathetic nature of the CCP's campaign to whitewash their Coronavirus responsibility.

Seriously. Go to their pages. It's so obvious and so lame.

Earl34

Hall of Fame
Anyone want to speculate as to why the Chargers fired Marty Schottenheimer after a 14-2 season and other successful regular seasons with the organization? Same question for his tenure with the Browns?
I have mentioned Schottenheimer a couple of times on this forum. With the Chargers, power struggle with the GM, his conservative offenses and a frustrating, inability to win playoff games. He had the same problems with the Browns. Regular season success and not enough playoff success.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I have mentioned Schottenheimer a couple of times on this forum. With the Chargers, power struggle with the GM, his conservative offenses and a frustrating, inability to win playoff games. He had the same problems with the Browns. Regular season success and not enough playoff success.
Agreed,

But these are 2 totally different situations.

Back then the Chargers were the most talented team in the NFL.

The Texans have nowhere near that talent level.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
Agreed,

But these are 2 totally different situations.

Back then the Chargers were the most talented team in the NFL.

The Texans have nowhere near that talent level.
But some folks like to mention that OB has won the AFCS 4 times......what good is that if you're not even the 4th best team in the AFC? In the end, all OB has done is sabotage the draft via positioning and now that he's the GM.....he's really screwed the pooch based on draft position and lack of picks.

CBS Sports has the Texans grooming themselves for a 3rd place finish in the Division.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
But some folks like to mention that OB has won the AFCS 4 times......what good is that if you're not even the 4th best team in the AFC? In the end, all OB has done is sabotage the draft via positioning and now that he's the GM.....he's really screwed the pooch based on draft position and lack of picks.

CBS Sports has the Texans grooming themselves for a 3rd place finish in the Division.
This has been going on since the Kubiak yrs. Plus the lower the draft pick the less salary you have to pay your new rookie.

Would you rather then tank and get higher draft picks for a season or two and improve the talent level that way since they are never players in fa and don't add talent in fa?

No tanking this year.

Texansballer74

The Marine
Kubiak wasn't trading away his best player on the team, let alone his best offensive weapon. Rick Smith most definitely wasn't getting rid of the best player on the team. He was grabbing exactly what the coaches wanted. That's why they built a formidable offensive line and legitimate top 10 offense. The defense got better once we brought Wade on and he started building his type of defense.

That's nowhere close to this sh22 show going on right now.

But of course I know you won't agree.

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Kubiak wasn't trading away his best player on the team, let alone his best offensive weapon. Rick Smith most definitely was getting rid of the best player on the team. He was grabbing exactly what the coaches wanted. That's why they built a formidable offensive line and legitimate top 10 offense. The defense got better once we brought Wade on and he started building his type of defense.

That's nowhere close to this sh22 show going on right now.

But of course I know you won't agree.
They always pick in the 20's unless the bottom falls out.

Thanks HOF Alex Gibbs for being able to build the ol and Wade for being able to build the defense.

Let them play a few games or maybe even a season before declaring this a shshow

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was
Would the Texans NOT HAVE won all the games and AFC South Championships (Brian) with any other coach? I mean this was posed to me by a buddy who is across the country and roots for a REAL winning organization (SEA) and couldn't stop laughing at me as I tried in vain to make some sense of the Hopkins situation and fight back from the roast but ... under it all he's right.

The Houston Texans would have won AT LEAST what they've won so far and COULD HAVE WON MORE GAMES with another coach at the helm.

You guys squawking up the record should think about the games Bill O'Brien lost on his own. The talent on the team and lack thereof on the opponents and a miraculous run of GOOD LUCK in one score games drove this so called winning era in Texan football .. its cool to stick to the black and white to prop up the argument, but if somebody really wanted to they could give you a year by year, and game by game breakdown of the outcomes during O'Briens era and you would find that he's not special at all. The team WON IN SPITE OF HIM. Horrible divisional opponents inspired a false sense of security and any other coach who would have been hired instead of O'Brien would have done just as well .. ANY. ONE. OF. THEM. Look at the playoff outcomes .. look at the BD (before Deshaun) record. The QB carousels FROM HELL! This dude is a quack selling snake oil.

Now the team is nosediving in reputation because of him. O'Brien isn't being "painted" in any light LOL .. he is who he is .. he got houghty and full of himself and thought he was Parcells and Belichek without the hardware. He's been given autonomous control under false pretenses and keeps resetting the clock because he never had "full control" before!! CRAZY! This is a man who doesn't deserve the authority and cant seem to keep it from going to his head.

Jim Jones .. I mean Bill OBrien is prepping the kool aid and some of you guys are just licking your lips, thirsty AF - convinced by a charlatan that promised you the world.

mussop

Hall of Fame
Let them play a few games or maybe even a season before declaring this a shshow
NO! Mfer has had six years to prove himself. All he’s proved is that he’s in over his head in every situation. Play calling, game management, player development, game planning, clock management, player evaluation, player contracts, play calling, getting fair value in trade, coach management and everything else he’s responsible for he sucks at it. He’s a POS. I’ve given him his chance. Not one game more. Its because of people with your attitude that he’s still around. I’m not settling for this shot show. I’m going to be as loud and anti OB as I can be until he’s sent packing.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
NO! Mfer has had six years to prove himself. All he’s proved is that he’s in over his head in every situation. Play calling, game management, player development, game planning, clock management, player evaluation, player contracts, play calling, getting fair value in trade, coach management and everything else he’s responsible for he sucks at it. He’s a POS. I’ve given him his chance. Not one game more. Its because of people with your attitude that he’s still around. I’m not settling for this shot show. I’m going to be as loud and anti OB as I can be until he’s sent packing.
Well then, anything I post isn't going to change your mind. LOL

You're going to be a miserable Texans fan for another 2-3 yrs.

Maybe BOB didn't have as much say in personnel as some (Not You) seem to think he had while RS was here.

That's the only reason I can think of for Cal to not only keep BOB around AND give him unfettered power.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Would the Texans NOT HAVE won all the games and AFC South Championships (Brian) with any other coach? I mean this was posed to me by a buddy who is across the country and roots for a REAL winning organization (SEA) and couldn't stop laughing at me as I tried in vain to make some sense of the Hopkins situation and fight back from the roast but ... under it all he's right.

The Houston Texans would have won AT LEAST what they've won so far and COULD HAVE WON MORE GAMES with another coach at the helm.

You guys squawking up the record should think about the games Bill O'Brien lost on his own. The talent on the team and lack thereof on the opponents and a miraculous run of GOOD LUCK in one score games drove this so called winning era in Texan football .. its cool to stick to the black and white to prop up the argument, but if somebody really wanted to they could give you a year by year, and game by game breakdown of the outcomes during O'Briens era and you would find that he's not special at all. The team WON IN SPITE OF HIM. Horrible divisional opponents inspired a false sense of security and any other coach who would have been hired instead of O'Brien would have done just as well .. ANY. ONE. OF. THEM. Look at the playoff outcomes .. look at the BD (before Deshaun) record. The QB carousels FROM HELL! This dude is a quack selling snake oil.

Now the team is nosediving in reputation because of him. O'Brien isn't being "painted" in any light LOL .. he is who he is .. he got houghty and full of himself and thought he was Parcells and Belichek without the hardware. He's been given autonomous control under false pretenses and keeps resetting the clock because he never had "full control" before!! CRAZY! This is a man who doesn't deserve the authority and cant seem to keep it from going to his head.

Jim Jones .. I mean Bill OBrien is prepping the kool aid and some of you guys are just licking your lips, thirsty AF - convinced by a charlatan that promised you the world.
Well there's one mans opinion.

LMAO

Uncle Rico

be careful my guy .. the OBrien Subjugates will start their reporting campaign against you and state that your posts are not "family friendly" and you get sent to detention.

Uncle Rico

Let's assume for the sake of discussion that musso is correct. The year before OB came on board, the Texans were 2-14. Now, with less talent, OB is getting 10 wins out of the team. Not bad.
this is a blatant falsehood thats already been dissected ad nauseum. The rosters that Kubiak and OBrien inherited have been broken down PLAYER FOR PLAYER and its not even close how much talent OBrien had to begin with.

Stop spreading lies if you want an even conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.