Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

FIRE O'BRIEN NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
He’s won a super bowl and has earned a little more leash. But if he obtains the same history as OB then yes he should be.
You guys need to wake up. No 1 guy or special player here or there is gonna get this team to where we all want it to be. Rockets fans are finding this out now. They blamed McHale...now they’re ready to blame D’antoni

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
Lol they were at home, the momentum at some point was going to swing in their favor with the HFA. But Don’t talk about Momentum when your defense can’t stop anyone..you had to know that we were not going to play perfect and at some point KC would respond. Getting a few key defensive stops again AT ANY POINT keeps that momentum in relative check. Instead the defense only let that train continue to pick up speed by offering Absolutely 0 resistance.

2 play calls didn’t lose us this game, shitty defense did. KC knows this all too well as they experienced this all last year.
OB didn't realize that his defense was incapable of getting a stop from the get-go. The first 2 three and outs were due to drops and had nothing to do with the defense. Knowing this, OB had no reason to even lift his foot off the gas pedal a little bit. Up 21-0 and had the ball inside the Red Zone he had the Chiefs on the ropes so instead of inserting the dagger by going for it (which I think he makes at this point in the game) he calls the offense off the field and kicks the FG. A small moral victory for KC.

The ensuing long KO return ignited the Chiefs. Short field and a quick score. OB goes conservative and then tries a foolish fake punt from his 34 and fails to make it and again gives the Chiefs the ball back with great field position.....too easy and another score. Then a fumbled KO and once again KC ball inside the 10....and then they score. The momentum the Texans had was gone and gift wrapped and handed to the Chiefs.

This was a piss-poor effort by the coaches. If I were Cal, pink slips would be flying on Monday. I'd keep both the QB Coach and ST Coach.

Last edited:

amazing80

Hall of Fame
You guys need to wake up. No 1 guy or special player here or there is gonna get this team to where we all want it to be. Rockets fans are finding this out now. They blamed McHale...now they’re ready to blame D’antoni
Yeah and Rams were happy to get rid of Fischer and it’s working well for GB. Coaches matter in the nfl more than any other sport. Our offense put up 17 points today. The blocked punt and turnover within the ten shouldn’t count. OB sucks. RAC sucks. What more do you need to see?

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
I can’t believe you’re still backing this dude up after yet another embarrassing loss. Wow
Well here’s your 1st mistake...I’m not “backing” him. I’ve said it so many times on here, I could care less whether he’s here or not.
2nd of all, the offense probably put up its best performance all year outside of the ATL game.
You’re not gonna win many games giving up 50 pts...we could’ve had Vince Lombardi’s corpse coaching..you’re just not gonna win many games giving that up on defense.

FuzzyLogic

Mathematically Possible
Does anyone think John Harbaugh should be fired?
I get the sentiment - we are fans overreacting after a loss, which is typical - but OB to Harbaugh isn't exactly apples to apples, one has won a super bowl in recent memory, and absolutely dominated the regular season - looked like crap in the playoffs but it was Lamar's first playoff game (and we cut the Texans / DW4 some slack for that against Indy).

All of OB's teams are 'hold your breath, this could go either way' in the regular season, or rather they don't often look like a dominant team who should win.

Mostly I'm tired of humiliating losses - we all know the Oiler playoff woe's, we looked horrible against the Colts last year, barely squeaked by a 'meh' Buffalo team, and went from up by 20+ to lose by 20 - seems to be a bad pattern with the OB led Texans.

Definitely not all the blame goes on OB or RAC, total team defeat, but they are the leaders and that is where accountability should start and from this fan's point of view - I'm ready to see something different.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
ours isn’t mortgaged either... The fact u guys think that cracks me up. We knew it was a long shot

No first round picks in the next two drafts

No second round pick next year.

A slew of Free Agents and limited cap space.

Yeah , I'd say they did mortgage the future to some extent , especially considering the fact that after spending 3 first and a second on the OL this season , it still isn't good enough.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I get the sentiment - we are fans overreacting after a loss, which is typical - but OB to Harbaugh isn't exactly apples to apples, one has one a super bowl in recent memory, and absolutely dominated the regular season
Not what I'm saying at all.

Harbaugh needs to go. That team is not built to win in the playoffs. That team is not built to come from behind. Decision after decision was made to get them where they are & they're nowhere.

Bite the bullet now, or relive this for the next three years & fire your coach then.

Same thing here. Looks different, but it's the same thing.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
OB didn't realize that his defense was incapable of getting a stop from the get-go. The first 2 three and outs were due to drops and had nothing to do with the defense. Knowing this, OB had no reason to even left his foot off the gas pedal a little bit. Up 21-0 and had the ball inside the Red Zone he had the Chiefs on the ropes so instead of inserting the dagger by going for it (which I think he makes at this point in the game) he calls the offense off the field and kicks the FG. A small moral victory for KC.

The ensuing long KO return ignited the Chiefs. Short field and a quick score. OB goes conservative and then tries a foolish fake punt from his 34 and fails to make it and again gives the Chiefs the ball back with great field position.....too easy and another score. Then a fumbled KO and once again KC ball inside the 10....and then they score. The momentum the Texans had was gone and gift wrapped and handed to the Chiefs.

This was a piss-poor effort by the coaches. If I were Cal, pink slips would be flying on Monday. I'd keep both the QB Coach and ST Coach.
you’re not making any since dude...1 drive you’re crucifying him for not being aggressive enough in the red zone b/c he supposedly had KC on the ropes, and didn’t recognize his defense couldn’t stop anyone......the next your crucifying him for being aggressive. Which is it?

furthermore, how does any of that factor in to the defense getting49 straight pts dropped on them? Even if we score a TD on the FG drive we had that only adds 4 more points for 28 total....and even if we don’t go for the fake punt and we just punt it...whose to say we stop KC on the ensuing drive?

Stop looking at this **** in a vacuum. No 1 decision lost us this game. The better team just won....As was expected by everyone NOT a HOUSTON Texans fan...but even amongst them...

OptimisticTexan

you’re not making any since dude...1 drive you’re crucifying him for not being aggressive enough in the red zone b/c he supposedly had KC on the ropes, and didn’t recognize his defense couldn’t stop anyone......the next your crucifying him for being aggressive. Which is it?

furthermore, how does any of that factor in to the defense getting49 straight pts dropped on them? Even if we score a TD on the FG drive we had that only adds 4 more points for 28 total....and even if we don’t go for the fake punt and we just punt it...whose to say we stop KC on the ensuing drive?

Stop looking at this **** in a vacuum. No 1 decision lost us this game. The better team just won....As was expected by everyone NOT a HOUSTON Texans fan...but even amongst them...
Wow....can't believe I'm going to need to spell this out but here goes: Being aggressive inside the 10 on 4th and inches.....way acceptable. Being aggressive from your 35 by trying a fake punt and only up 24-7.....is ultra stupid.

OB can look in the mirror today and say.....yes, I took the momentum out my teams hands.

xtruroyaltyx

Hall of Fame
Not what I'm saying at all.

Harbaugh needs to go. That team is not built to win in the playoffs. That team is not built to come from behind. Decision after decision was made to get them where they are & they're nowhere.

Bite the bullet now, or relive this for the next three years & fire your coach then.

Same thing here. Looks different, but it's the same thing.

I think the Ravens are closer or more capable of tweaking things to get to the next level.

I think the Texans are capped by their head coach. I don’t believe Harbaugh is going to be one of the biggest reasons they don’t progress as a team.

Texansballer74

The Marine
Well here’s your 1st mistake...I’m not “backing” him. I’ve said it so many times on here, I could care less whether he’s here or not.
2nd of all, the offense probably put up its best performance all year outside of the ATL game.
You’re not gonna win many games giving up 50 pts...we could’ve had Vince Lombardi’s corpse coaching..you’re just not gonna win many games giving that up on defense.
1st your comment saying stupidity running rampant again IMO suggests you’re backing up O’Brien. All because people are ticked and wanting this dude fired shouldn’t receive a backlash from you. Who are you to call people comments stupid anyways.
2nd. O’Brien spearheaded the momentum shift to begin with. Were you even watching the game? Once we relinquished the lead and we’re down 17 wtf are we running the ball. Wtf aren’t we going hurry up. Every possession from that point on should’ve been scoring drives period.

Hell naw you’re not but you can at least turn this into a slug fest.

RAC should be fired as soon as he hits the locker room.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Yeah and Rams were happy to get rid of Fischer and it’s working well for GB. Coaches matter in the nfl more than any other sport. Our offense put up 17 points today. The blocked punt and turnover within the ten shouldn’t count. OB sucks. RAC sucks. What more do you need to see?
Fisher was going 8-8 or worse every year...of course they’d be happy to get rid of him...

you guys love making distinctions about things between the offense and defense when it suits y’all’s argument. 31 pts is 31 pts period.

offense and special teams contributed well. How about the defense. Did they even get a sack? What about a TO? Ok how about a damn stop when u need it.?
So much of the focus in the Bills game was on how bad the offense looked. I heard it over and over and over from everyone all over the nation. “ the can’t come out and get behind like that or they’re gonna get blown out” We all knew what the offense had to do to have a chance. Well the offense did it’s part. & guess what? We still got blown up because our defense got 50 dropped on them.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
No first round picks in the next two drafts

No second round pick next year.

A slew of Free Agents and limited cap space.

Yeah , I'd say they did mortgage the future to some extent , especially considering the fact that after spending 3 first and a second on the OL this season , it still isn't good enough.
This says we have a second next year

welsh texan

You may say I’m a dreamer but I’m not the only one
I think the Ravens are closer or more capable of tweaking things to get to the next level.

I think the Texans are capped by their head coach. I don’t believe Harbaugh is going to be one of the biggest reasons they don’t progress as a team.
Yeah, the Ravens were special this season and played a bad game at the wrong time. Not like the Texans who has their number called by multiple teams throughout the season, and failed in typical fashion come the playoffs.

Also Harbaugh does have a ring for Baltimore, this debacle is OBrien’s joint greatest achievement as Texan’s Head Coach.

Texansballer74

The Marine
We been blaming MDA for not adapting his scheme. Dude is in love with that silly ash iso crap and small ball lineup.

amazing80

Hall of Fame
Fisher was going 8-8 or worse every year...of course they’d be happy to get rid of him...

you guys love making distinctions about things between the offense and defense when it suits y’all’s argument. 31 pts is 31 pts period.

offense and special teams contributed well. How about the defense. Did they even get a sack? What about a TO? Ok how about a damn stop when u need it.?
So much of the focus in the Bills game was on how bad the offense looked. I heard it over and over and over from everyone all over the nation. “ the can’t come out and get behind like that or they’re gonna get blown out” We all knew what the offense had to do to have a chance. Well the offense did it’s part. & guess what? We still got blown up because our defense got 50 dropped on them.
I want the entire coaching staff gone. No one earned the right to keep their jobs. Clear enough for you?

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
1st your comment saying stupidity running rampant again IMO suggests you’re backing up O’Brien. All because people are ticked and wanting this dude fired shouldn’t receive a backlash from you. Who are you to call people comments stupid anyways.
2nd. O’Brien spearheaded the momentum shift to begin with. Were you even watching the game? Once we relinquished the lead and we’re down 17 wtf are we running the ball. Wtf aren’t we going hurry up. Every possession from that point on should’ve been scoring drives period.

Hell naw you’re not but you can at least turn this into a slug fest.

RAC should be fired as soon as he hits the locker room.
It’s Stupidity b/c the 1 thing everyone was worried about going into this game...the 1 thing everyone’s been bitching about regarding BoB since he got here was really the lone bright spot today.

But the knee jerk around here.....

OptimisticTexan

OB coached the 4th quarter as if he was enjoying a comfortable lead.....WHERE THE HELL WAS THE URGENCY? Has this man ever run a 2-Minute No-Huddle Offense? They huddled up every dammed play.....maybe he was under the impression that he could finally cash-in on his cache of TO's not used during the season.

Texansballer74

The Marine
It’s Stupidity b/c the 1 thing everyone was worried about going into this game...the 1 thing everyone’s been bitching about regarding BoB since he got here was really the lone bright spot today.

But the knee jerk around here.....
Like I said you’re his defense mechanism. You’re to blinded to see what actually happened out there. But your right he’s the best HC/OC out there.

gafftop

All Pro
If you're Texans ownership, and your coach says they made a suboptimal decision to go for a FG on fourth and 1 because HE COULDN'T FIGURE OUT A PLAY TO CALL, don't you wonder if you have the right guy?
If ownership had eyes and/or a brain and have been watching BOB over the years don't you think BOB would already be gone. Don't ******* tell me about South championships when the last two years the 2nd place team is by far better than the Texans.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member

Texansballer74

The Marine
OB coached the 4th quarter as if he was enjoying a comfortable lead.....WHERE THE HELL WAS THE URGENCY? Has this man ever run a 2-Minute No-Huddle Offense? They huddled up every dammed play.....maybe he was under the impression that he could finally cash-in on his cache of TO's not used during the season.
Exactly but according to sum he coached his butt off. He did his part lol

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Like I said you’re his defense mechanism. You’re to blinded to see what actually happened out there. But your right he’s the best HC/OC out there.

look if you’re going to debate with me, then stop misrepresenting my stance and putting words in my mouth and stick what I’m writing.

none of any of that **** you typed is correct regarding my stance.

Earl34

Hall of Fame
The offense had two good drives.

It is not good
Can anyone name one other NFL team who based their running game off the shotgun formation? Gipson was brought in to defend TEs. He has been playing with a painful back injury. Knowing that we would probably face the Chiefs and/or the Ravens with their TE centric offenses, why did Gipson play so many snaps in a meaningless last game of the season?

The coaching on this team is just bad. From play calling to personnel groupings to personnel decisions. This is the ceiling of this team with the current coaching staff.

Last edited:

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
This ain’t Madden bro

when your defense is gassed as hell b/c theyve been getting their asses run up & down the field by KC’s offense, the last thing you want to do is run no huddle and risk getting a quick 3 and out....or something worse like a TO and send them back onto the field.

amazing80

Hall of Fame
This ain’t Madden bro

when your defense is gassed as hell b/c theyve been getting their asses run up & down the field by KC’s offense, the last thing you want to do is run no huddle and risk getting a quick 3 and out....or something worse like a TO and send them back onto the field.
At that point it didn’t matter. Your defense couldn’t stop anyone. You needed to be able to score and the run game wasn’t going to get it done.

amazing80

Hall of Fame
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.
My problem with OB is his lack of feel for in game play calling. I don’t love his design but it can work. The problem is he dials up terrible calls at bad times. If the pass game works he forces the run to be balanced and vice versa. He’s just not a good play caller.

Texansballer74

The Marine
Wrong again. Smh you use hurry up to build momentum or when you’re down. Especially under the circumstances the Texans were in. We’ve done it with great success and other teams as well.
Could they go 3 and out, well of course. But how would you know that when we didn’t even try smart one.
I see why this dude has O’Brien’s back like that. Lol he’s also the smartest one in the room.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
At that point it didn’t matter. Your defense couldn’t stop anyone. You needed to be able to score and the run game wasn’t going to get it done.
it does matter b/c once again you’re looking at this **** in a vacuum. You’re assuming that if we score faster, KC’s not gonna score anymore at all and we’ll catch up and tie them. But with the way our defense was playing, it would’ve been we score fast in the no huddle only to watch KC come right back and score..like they did after we scored our last TD.

amazing80

Hall of Fame
it does matter b/c once again you’re looking at this **** in a vacuum. You’re assuming that if we score faster, KC’s not gonna score anymore at all and we’ll catch up and tie them. But with the way our defense was playing, it would’ve been we score fast in the no huddle only to watch KC come right back and score..like they did after we scored our last TD.
He did it your way and got his ass handed to him. So maybe like him, you’re wrong.

Texansballer74

The Marine
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.
My problem with OB is his lack of feel for in game play calling. I don’t love his design but it can work. The problem is he dials up terrible calls at bad times. If the pass game works he forces the run to be balanced and vice versa. He’s just not a good play caller.
hey mixed in with a terrible decision to do a fake punt on the wrong side of 50. Then you’re moving the ball with ease only to almost kill it with a stupid trick play. The list goes on

banned1976

sleeper mode
If you’re not supporting OB, and you’re not advocating his removal, then why are you even responding in the fire Bill O’Brien thread?

Nobody reading this thread is ready to put on rose tinted glasses that are illuminating a false narrative that Bill O’Brien called a good game today. He didn’t. And as GM, he didn’t do the defense any favors either. Someone is going to have to come in and pick up the pieces with some creative FA signings and draft day moves to help this terrible pass defense.

Earl34

Hall of Fame
I agree with your point on running no huddle, but you are forgetting complementary football. Technically, 24-0, you should be looking to shorten the game. You shorten the game by moving the chains with the running game, short passes and take your deep shots off play action. When you don't have Gipson and having to use Lonnie Johnson to cover Kelcie, the offense has to do a better job protecting the defense and you do that by keeping them off the field.

Last edited:

amazing80

Hall of Fame
If you’re not supporting OB, and you’re not advocating his removal, then why are you even responding in the fire Bill O’Brien thread?

Nobody reading this thread is ready to put on rose tinted glasses that are illuminating a false narrative that Bill O’Brien called a good game today. He didn’t. And as GM, he didn’t do the defense any favors either. Someone is going to have to come in and pick up the pieces with some creative FA signings and draft day moves to help this terrible pass defense.
Lol great post

Status
Not open for further replies.