Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

FIRE O'BRIEN NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinobiMusashi

Waterboy
He does need to go back to college football, the plays he called on that second to last drive were inexcusable, this is another 4-12 team, without Watson probably 1-15.

amazing80

Hall of Fame
The sad part is, I don't see a single up and comer that I like. All the top young offensive minds are taken now.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
What a dickless coward ass coach we have.

Get rid of him.

This guy is seriously ******* with my sobriety.
Finally I understand his decision not to bring in an Offensive Coordinator.

The botched game plan & poor reaction to what is actually happening on the field is one thing, but to continually answer questions with, "I don't know." Has seriously got to weigh on McNair.

Surely he has better answers when he's called to the carpet, but week after week he shows how honest he is being with the media.

Hervoyel

BUENO!
Just going to have to wait it out guys and burn a few more years of Watson & Hopkins career along with the last few gasps of JJ's time before they make a change. The next change will be brought to us by the same people who made this one everything it was so what is there to get excited about? A regular stream (not a big one, just a steady one) of great players will come through these doors and play for the Texans, make H.E.B. commercials, and promise hope but the Texans are always drafting first when there's nobody there. Always looking for a new coach when everybody you want is under contract. Always spending free agent dollars when there's nobody out there worth throwing them at.

It's a vicious circle but hey, "Liberty White Out" is sold out for another year. There's that to get excited about right?

Turned Watson into Savage in one season. Unbelievable. Wonder what Savage would have looked like behind a real line in an offense that professional football teams would use? I was entirely prepared to watch him vanish from the league after backing up Brees for a few years but now I'm starting to wonder what he might have become had he not been picked up by BO'B.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Tank for the #1 pick

Hire an offensive coach, fire bill
But I find O'Brien offensive. Sometimes very offensive.

Seriously though, who do you replace him with. I hate threads like this that say "draft a QB" or "fire so and so" with not even a hint of a viable option. Draft which QB and why? Fire so and so then hire good ole whatshisname.

I was dumbfounded by some of the play calling, but it's hard to win when you commit 11 penalties, lose the turnover battle, miss FGs (and punt on another possession because of the miss) and go 0-1 in the red zone.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame

Seriously though, who do you replace him with. I hate threads like this that say "draft a QB" or "fire so and so" with not even a hint of a viable option. Draft which QB and why? Fire so and so then hire good ole whatshisname.

I was dumbfounded by some of the play calling, but it's hard to win when you commit 11 penalties, lose the turnover battle, miss FGs (and punt on another possession because of the miss) and go 0-1 in the red zone.
When kubiak was here, he got blasted for “predictable” play calling

Last year people blasted BoB for going turtle and handing the ball to Miller up the middle in the NE/Sea games....

Today they're blasting him for doing something much more aggressive when u consider we couldn’t protect our star qb all damn game.

Hindsight is great!

Reactions: JB

Earl34

Hall of Fame

Last year people blasted BoB for going turtle and handing the ball to Miller up the middle in the NE/Sea games....

Today they're blasting him for doing something much more aggressive when u consider we couldn’t protect our star qb all damn game.

Hindsight is great!
Out of curiosity, what are you referring to when you mention O'Brien doing something more aggressive? Those two WR passes were as passive as running Miller up the middle. In fact, if you think they were going to blitz, an aggressive call would have been an RPO with a slant.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Out of curiosity, what are you referring to when you mention O'Brien doing something more aggressive? Those two WR passes were as passive as running Miller up the middle. In fact, if you think they were going to blitz, an aggressive call would have been an RPO with a slant.
Throwing the ball laterally could’ve killed the game right there if it’s dropped or intercepted..especially when u consider how shitty the blocking had been out at the ends of the o-line.

Compared to the runs up the middle folks were blasting bob for last year, it’s very aggressive.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club

Hindsight is great!
wtf are you talking about?

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame

Anyone the **** else!

The guy just got out coached by his own previous LBers coach and the worst defensive coordinator last year.. hell are you open on Sundays?

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Anyone the **** else!

The guy just got out coached by his own previous LBers coach and the worst defensive coordinator last year.. hell are you open on Sundays?
He didn't get out coached in this one. He got out performed. The last drive was laughable.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
He was outclassed and out coached. Seriously were we even watching the same game? He didn't have anyone ready to play at all.
I disagree. I watched the game today. OB's team got tricked on a fake punt. The OL had hella penalties, etc. Kicker missed a long FG.

Reactions: JB

gafftop

All Pro
1. How did he ever get a head coaching job in the NFL with his past experience and success? I asked this question before he was hired.
2. How has he kept his job this long? I would guess he is genuinly a great person and has a great story.

ColeThornton

Waterboy
So Gabbert gets flagged for an illegal pass and the referee clearly states it was because he threw two forward passes. O'Brien goes crazy on the sideline, you can easily read his lips as he is saying "two passes", "third down". But there is no loss of down for this penalty and it should be 2nd down. Yet another example of O'Brien's ignorance in managing a football game. I believe after the game he said something to the effect that they didn't get the word to him? Does that mean our head coach needs someone else to explain to him what penalties are being called and what they mean? This after "it's not my job" last week! I guess with the 4 year extension the plan for the Texans is 7 years of on the job training for O'Brien to maybe turn him into a head coach.

markn

All Pro
What disappoints me more than anything about this team at the moment is that despite apparently being loaded with exciting talent, we're just an incredibly dull team to watch.

Watson was far better making-it-up-as-he-went-along last year compared to having a carefully crafted BO'B offense tailored for his skills. What that says about our HC is mystifying.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Um OB got tricked on that fake punt. Totally on coaching dude
Outright inexcusable at pro level to leave a gunner wide open
Another reason to call timeout.
BUT THATS NOT HIS JOB.
I don't see how leaving the gunner uncovered is on OB, and not on his shiny new STC that everyone was raving about. Yeah he should have called a timeout, but c'mon man. OB makes enough errors, don't put extra on him because players don't play. Gripe about legitimate stuff like stupid play calling ,lack of discipline, poor clock mgmt... etc.

ATXtexanfan

Hall of Fame
I don't see how leaving the gunner uncovered is on OB, and not on his shiny new STC that everyone was raving about. Yeah he should have called a timeout, but c'mon man. OB makes enough errors, don't put extra on him because players don't play. Gripe about legitimate stuff like stupid play calling ,lack of discipline, poor clock mgmt... etc.
Lol dude, OB is responsible for everything. He is the HC. Hell he dont need an OC. Because he is responsible for everything.
Dont be an OB tool like our GM or owner

NOT HIS JOB TO COVER A GUNNER ON A PUNT, OR CALL A TIMEOUT TO ALLOW THE LEAGUE AN EXTRA SECOND TO REVIEW A PLAY.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Lol dude, OB is responsible for everything. He is the HC. Hell he dont need an OC. Because he is responsible for everything.
Dont be an OB tool like our GM or owner

NOT HIS JOB TO COVER A GUNNER ON A PUNT, OR CALL A TIMEOUT TO ALLOW THE LEAGUE AN EXTRA SECOND TO REVIEW A PLAY.
sure he's responsible, just like McNair is. But that is being over-the-top. I understand everyone is pissed because we lost to the tacks, I am too. But we still had chances to win the game after that but for numerous penalties right down to Watson using up the entire remaining time to play (on the last play) before finally getting rid of the ball. All McNair's fault

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
I disagree. I watched the game today. OB's team got tricked on a fake punt. The OL had hella penalties, etc. Kicker missed a long FG.
On the first two..how is that not a coaching issue?

How is conceding the footbal and the game AGAIN at the end NOT a coaching issue?

Or do you believe that buck doesn't stop here?

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
sure he's responsible, just like McNair is. But that is being over-the-top. I understand everyone is pissed because we lost to the tacks, I am too. But we still had chances to win the game after that but for numerous penalties right down to Watson using up the entire remaining time to play (on the last play) before finally getting rid of the ball. All McNair's fault
I'm not about to blame a soon to be 82 yo man.. but I do blame Bill O'Crap for today's loss.

Team came out totally flat and unprepared.. THAT'S COACHING

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.