Lose the Ads, Upload Media Directly into the Forum!

Wish to make a one time donation? Make it here.

FIRE BILL O'BRIEN NOW!!!

steelbtexan

Hall of Fame
FIFY.

This has been OBs story the whole time he has been here.

Correlation is causation in this case.

OB can’t beat a top HC or team. Gets out-coached time and time again. Team never shows up when it matters.

He is dragging Watson down the same path.
It won't matter, if Carl Smith can't teach a QB then there is an issue. Just like with Moon you can change HC's but it didn't matter with Moon and it won't matter with Watson.

BTW, I'm not against firing BOB after the season depending on how the rest of the season goes. BPB/Watson are a bad match.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
It won't matter, if Carl Smith can't teach a QB then there is an issue. Just like with Moon you can change HC's but it didn't matter with Moon and it won't matter with Watson.

BTW, I'm not against firing BOB after the season depending on how the rest of the season goes. BPB/Watson are a bad match.
I see changing head coaches more like when the Colts switched from Jim Mora to Dungy. Or the Broncos from Reeves to Shanahan. Or the (list goes on.)

The goal of a coach is to put a system in place that plays to a players strength and hides their weaknesses. Baltimore has done that. They took a project QB and turned him into a starter.

OB has a system of trying to hammer the square peg into the round hole to try to make things work when it won’t. Harbaugh didn’t do that with Jackson. He went from Flacco to Jackson.

Reid went from Alex Smith to Mahomes.

I know you get it because you agree on seeing the season through and then making an evaluation on OB.

But 6 years of the same stuff. He has one of the most talented QBs in the league and can’t make it work. His system and coaches he has chosen just aren’t working. 20% is on Watson, but 80% is on OB.

Game over man. Game over.

Uncle Rico

Pro BS'er
LMAO!! This gif is so applicable. Fans shouldnt be so comfy in their playoff expectation. If the Texans lose Thursday, then losing to NE is almost a foregone conclusion at this point, and that would put them at 6-6 and still having to play twice against the Tacks and I can totally see Denver AND Tampa Bay beating us right now.

What will it be to give O'Brien another pass if he misses the playoffs? Injuries? Talent? Bad GM?

Thank God we have the draft to build ... EEEEEEEEEEEEK!!

steelbtexan

Hall of Fame
I see changing head coaches more like when the Colts switched from Jim Mora to Dungy. Or the Broncos from Reeves to Shanahan. Or the (list goes on.)

The goal of a coach is to put a system in place that plays to a players strength and hides their weaknesses. Baltimore has done that. They took a project QB and turned him into a starter.

OB has a system of trying to hammer the square peg into the round hole to try to make things work when it won’t. Harbaugh didn’t do that with Jackson. He went from Flacco to Jackson.

I know you get it because you agree on seeing the season through and then making an evaluation on OB.

But 6 years of the same stuff. He has one of the most talented QBs in the league and can’t make it work. His system and coaches he has chosen just aren’t working. 20% is on Watson, but 80% is on OB.

Yep, BOB/Watson are a bad match.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame

I see changing HC's as nothing but excuses fans use to protect their rooting interests in individual players. See it all over the league...in every league...every year. Fans will continuously make excuses for the player on the field b/c they like said player, but are quick to throw the HC out to pasture & your post says it all.

BoB deserves to be fired if he can't get this team over the hump this year..& by over the hump I mean at least to the divisional round of the playoffs. But I'm under no illusions that the next guy that comes in is the guy that has the magic touch. Most of these guys are recycled anyway & have had varying degrees of success everywhere they've played/coached. So there's no reason to believe that they will fare any better than their predecessor until they actually do it HERE.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
LMAO!! This gif is so applicable. Fans shouldnt be so comfy in their playoff expectation. If the Texans lose Thursday, then losing to NE is almost a foregone conclusion at this point, and that would put them at 6-6 and still having to play twice against the Tacks and I can totally see Denver AND Tampa Bay beating us right now.

What will it be to give O'Brien another pass if he misses the playoffs? Injuries? Talent? Bad GM?

Thank God we have the draft to build ... EEEEEEEEEEEEK!!
That's 1 way to look at it.....they could also win against NE or Indy and be sitting at 7-5....with 4 left against very beatable teams like Tenn, Denver and TB....win 2- 3 out of the next 4 from there and they should be ok to get in the dance with tiebreakers over anyone else that would matter...basically all of the AFC west if it came to that.

just don't see the need to be pessimistic about everything....unless you're 1 of those homers that had them getting to the SB or something.......

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
The Rams and 49ers as well, but let's keep doing what we're doing because it's the players, not the coaches.
Lol, Philly ran thru 2 other HC's before Pederson....Same for the Rams who went thru 5 years of Fisherball & another HC & were the dregs of the NFL before McVay arrived ....Same for the 49ers who coincidentally ran thru the same HC Philly had just fired. But by all means lets just fast forward through all that awful so we can hope to get to that great young offensive minded HC in waiting like the Rams and 49ers did with the likes of Jim Tonsula (who?)......Pat Shurmur and Chip Kelly......oh wait.

Cincy fans didn't think it could get any worse under Lewis....Then, Zac Taylor said "hold my beer"...They're on track for the donut this year.

For every 1 of these HC's you see that's had success, I can name double who failed miserably in between.

So be careful what you ask for, you just might get it.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
Lol, Philly ran thru 2 other HC's before Pederson....Same for the Rams who went thru 5 years of Fisherball & another HC & were the dregs of the NFL before McVay arrived ....Same for the 49ers who coincidentally ran thru the same HC Philly had just fired. But by all means lets just fast forward through all that awful so we can hope to get to that great young offensive minded HC in waiting like the Rams and 49ers did with the likes of Jim Tonsula (who?)......Pat Shurmur and Chip Kelly......oh wait.

Cincy fans didn't think it could get any worse under Lewis....Then, Zac Taylor said "hold my beer"...They're on track for the donut this year.

For every 1 of these HC's you see that's had success, I can name double who failed miserably in between.

So you wish we still had Casserly and Capers?

amazing80

Fire Billy O

Do you think the Bengals would want Lewis back? The Rams Fisher?

Don’t be scared of change because it might not work. What we’re doing now isn’t working. It could fail. But it could also improve.

Speedy

Yeller Dweller

But it doesn't stop at QB. He gets a speedy Lamar Miller and tries to make him a power back. Gets Duke Johnson who excels in the pass game and doesn't use him in the pass game.

Good coaches, sure, they have their systems, their philosophies, but they adapt to the talent they have and learn to take advantage of what they do best. I haven't seen Bill O'Brien do that in 6 years. This guy doesn't put his players in a position to succeed. Sometimes those players do succeed because of their talent, but that's why it's inconsistent. They have to overcome OB putting them in less than ideal situations because he doesn't adapt, he doesn't take advantage of their strengths.