Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Final Mock - Texans take...

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
#3. Ikem Ekwonu LT. Will be Laramy Tunsil's eventual replacement. Meanwhile, he plays RT or G until he adjusts to the speed of he NFL and learns Pep's system.
#13. Jordan Davis DT. Continuing with the theme of building the foundation - the trenches.
#37. Daxton Hill S/CB. Texans defensive backfield needs a lot of help. Hill has plenty of speed and could transition to CB in the right scheme. Versatile.
#68. Jeremy Ruckert TE. Ruckert can do it all and will be a great asset for our offense.
#80. DeAngelo Malone. Edge/OLB. Texans need more pressure on the QB opposite Greenard. Has a good burst.
#107. Wan'Dale Robinson WR. This guy is a bona fide burner with a wicked step - makes 'em miss. Could step into a Wes Welker role for us.
#108. Abram Smith RB. Another area in need of help for Texans - RB. Smith is patient and a tough run finisher. And can also block and catch.
#183. Cade Mays OL. Has played all along the line including C which is intriguing. Is decent in pass and run pro. 34.5" arms. Knock? Has had some injuries in his career.
#207. Esezi Otomewo DE. Proto-typical size for the position and 34.5" arms. Lacks a bit in playmaking ability but definitely worth coaching up.
#208. Quentin Lake S. Has high intelligence and proto-typical size for the position however, until he adjusts to the NFL, he can play his real specialty - special teams demon.

I have us taking Ekwonu at #3 as I can see Jags Taking Neal to help protect Lawrence. I think we will go Tackle to help our QB and while Tunsil holds the LT tackle position, Icky will be his eventual replacement and adjust to the NFL at RT where he will be an instant upgrade.

#3. Ikem Ekwonu LT. Will be Laramy Tunsil's eventual replacement. Meanwhile, he plays RT or G until he adjusts to the speed of he NFL and learns Pep's system.
#13. Jordan Davis DT. Continuing with the theme of building the foundation - the trenches.
#37. Daxton Hill S/CB. Texans defensive backfield needs a lot of help. Hill has plenty of speed and could transition to CB in the right scheme. Versatile.
#68. Jeremy Ruckert TE. Ruckert can do it all and will be a great asset for our offense.
#80. DeAngelo Malone. Edge/OLB. Texans need more pressure on the QB opposite Greenard. Has a good burst.
#107. Wan'Dale Robinson WR. This guy is a bona fide burner with a wicked step - makes 'em miss. Could step into a Wes Welker role for us.
#108. Abram Smith RB. Another area in need of help for Texans - RB. Smith is patient and a tough run finisher. And can also block and catch.
#183. Cade Mays OL. Has played all along the line including C which is intriguing. Is decent in pass and run pro. 34.5" arms. Knock? Has had some injuries in his career.
#207. Esezi Otomewo DE. Proto-typical size for the position and 34.5" arms. Lacks a bit in playmaking ability but definitely worth coaching up.
#208. Quentin Lake S. Has high intelligence and proto-typical size for the position however, until he adjusts to the NFL, he can play his real specialty - special teams demon.

I have us taking Ekwonu at #3 as I can see Jags Taking Neal to help protect Lawrence. I think we will go Tackle to help our QB and while Tunsil holds the LT tackle position, Icky will be his eventual replacement and adjust to the NFL at RT where he will be an instant upgrade.

Good draft. My “top 3 @ 3” is narrowed down to Hutch, Neal and Ikem now. My biggest disagreement would be I see your 3rds slotted where the 4th round picks are. But if you’re higher on Ruckert and Malone and especially with Malone you want to “get your guy” to address edge then go get them I say.

Hill would be fantastic at 37 as a fixture in secondary and much needed infusion of athleticism. I have Smith rated down in the 6th round. There’s a lot of RBs to choose from this year and can see the team’s boards stacking them a variety of ways based on scheme fit.

.... I have us taking Ekwonu at #3 as I can see Jags Taking Neal to help protect Lawrence. I think we will go Tackle to help our QB and while Tunsil holds the LT tackle position, Icky will be his eventual replacement and adjust to the NFL at RT where he will be an instant upgrade.
The Jags have made moves, already, to their OL, which is why most/many analysts expect them to draft Edge, a major need. They franchised tagged Cam Richardson, who'll play LT, allowing their 45th selection from last year, Walker Little, to move to RT. And they added OG Brandon Scherff. They still need an OC.

I'm just relieved you didn't take Kyle "turtle-feet" Hamilton at #3 but never the less Steel is gonna be seriously pizzed-off if Caserio takes an OT there and it's not Evan Neal but if the Jags draft him at the top of the Draft nothing w can do about that I suppose, but I'm pretty confidant that Jacksonville does not draft an OT at the top.

I traded down and picked up an extra 3rd round (Nick Cross) and 2023 1st round. I hope that Nick trades down similarly.
    Jordan Davis
    DT Georgia
    trade icon
    Charles Cross
    OT Mississippi State

Roger McCreary
    CB Auburn

Cameron Thomas
    EDGE San Diego State

Nick Cross
    S Maryland
    trade icon
    Leo Chenal
    LB Wisconsin

John Metchie III
    WR Alabama

James Cook
    RB Georgia

Thayer Munford
    OG Ohio State

James Mitchell
    TE Virginia Tech

Amare Barno
    EDGE Virginia Tech

Tanner Conner
    WR Idaho State

• 2023 DEN 1st

Here’s my final mock draft.

3. Sauce Gardner CB. Cincinnati. Lovie gets his CB. He said this position wasn’t getting it done last season in his scheme. (Disclaimer: all lot of positions wasn’t getting it done). Had to put that in there because some fans tends to go off on the deep end.

We trade 13 and 183 to the Saints for the 16, 120 and 2023 5th round pick.

16. Jordan Davis DE Georgia. I believe he will be here for the taken.

37.Jahan Dotson WR Penn State. Great hands, runs 4.4 40. Can play both outside and slot

68. Kenneth Walker III RB-Michigan St. The running back that I want will go in the first round ( Breece Hall). Therefore, we should draft the second best back in this draft IMO.

80. Zion Johnson OG/OT- Boston College. Johnson can play both Guard and Tackle. He did exceptionally well at both positions for BC. He’s got some nasty in him and could start at OG right away.

107. Bryan Cook SS- Cincinnati.2021 was by far Cook's best as he was named a team captain and became a leader of college football's best secondary. He put up an excellent set of numbers in logging 78 tackles, adding 35 stops, making 2 interceptions, and a vastly improved 51.9 QB rating when targeted.

108. Jeremy Ruckert TE- Ohio St. Great size, decent all around game.

120. Sam Williams LB- Ole Miss. Great size, fast, good tackler and can get after the QB.

207. Chris Paul OG- Tulsa. Because his name is Chris Paul. LOL. Average pass and running blocking, good size 6.4 and 324. The big fella can run 4.89

208. Christian Braswell CB- Rutgers. Decent coverage skills, good instincts and reaction to the ball.

My final mock:

9.Ahmad Gardner
CB Cincinnati

13.Jameson Williams
WR Alabama

37. Tyler Linderbaum
OC lowa

68.Trey McBride
TE Colorado State

73.Myjai Sanders
EDGE Cincinnati

80.Carson Strong
QB

107. Damone Clark
LB LSU

108. Cole Strange

includes this trade
SEA

Received:
  • Pick 3 - Ikem Ekwonu
HOU

Received:
  • Pick 9
  • Pick 72
  • 2023 DEN 1st

My final mock:

9.Ahmad Gardner
CB Cincinnati

13.Jameson Williams
WR Alabama

37. Tyler Linderbaum
OC lowa

68.Trey McBride
TE Colorado State

73.Myjai Sanders
EDGE Cincinnati

80.Carson Strong
QB

107. Damone Clark
LB LSU

108. Cole Strange

includes this trade
SEA

Received:
  • Pick 3 - Ikem Ekwonu
HOU

Received:
  • Pick 9
  • Pick 72
  • 2023 DEN 1st
I like it. Though I'm not sure the Seahawks would go for it. Pickup a 1st for next year. And taking Clark in the 4th is like getting a 2nd next year. The line is improved, and the Texans get stat makers. TDs, picks, sacks. I get the building the core and culture stuff. But, you've got to put up some stats if you're ever going to win.

Worst pick? Carson Strong. Not going to play or contribute in any way. His knees will probably push him out of the league before his rookie deal is over. Boo.

Back