Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Favorite/Underrated/Less Heralded Players

michaelm

vox nihili
I thought it would be interesting to have a thread to discuss favorite players from the past, or players you think are underrated, or should have gotten more attention than they did.
And also a place to post highlights of those players.

I was kinda stuck trying to figure out a title for the thread so if anyone has a better one I'd be interested in changing it.
Also, it's possible there's already a similar thread. I'm not aware of one.

I'll start with Eric Metcalf.

They both made the HOF, but I always thought John Stallworth and John Taylor were underrated...

My favorite player as a kid was Walt Garrison

They both made the HOF, but I always thought John Stallworth and John Taylor were underrated...

My favorite player as a kid was Walt Garrison

John Taylor was a favorite of mine after I had him on a fantasy team one year.

Reactions: JB
Ohhhh, I have to bump this thread...

Being the resident Bengals fan, both my favorite player from the past and one that is extremely underrated is Ken Anderson, QB, Bengals. I won't get into the conversation of whether he belongs in the Hall of Fame, but I grew up watching this dude ball. At 10 years old, I went to the Freezer Bowl with -59 wind chills and then Super Bowl XVI with my dad when they first lost to the 49er's. He's a great guy off the field as well and still does a lot of work in the community with special needs. Truly a good man.

Outside of beloved Bengals, the very first team I loved were the Saints. I think it was the uni's and that true black and gold, not the piss yellow the Steelers call gold either, that got me. Anyway, I always loved watching Sam Mills play linebacker "Dome Patrol".

Whether you like or dislike the music, I had nothing to do with it....

Back