Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Favorite Hopkins catch/moment

ShinobiMusashi

Waterboy
NFL Game Pass is free for everyone right now so I loaded up the Texans/Saints MNF game from last year, probably not the best idea just made me sad. Going to miss him for sure.

What was your favorite memory of seeing him play in a Texans uniform?

Mine is for sentimental reasons. September 2013 I lost my 24 year old little sister, she died in an act of violence that I don't really care to go into details because this ain't about that. I just can't really put it into words what I was going through that weekend when the Texans played the Titans at NRG Stadium in week 2 of that season, unless you have lost a little sister the way I did I'd be wasting my time trying to explain the hurt I was feeling there are no words. It was stressed out weekend, everybody coming out of the woodwork to wish condolences, trying to figure out funeral arrangement, staying up for a few days trying to just figure out what the **** happened exactly. It was the toughest and most miserable little 4-5 days of my life.

The Texans win over the Titans always meant a lot to me so when rookie Hopkins won that game for us in that moment it was like a beacon of sunshine in the middle of a ******* thunderstorm that was going on in my life. I remember Dre getting knocked out cold but still holding onto a catch that saved the game. Then Hopkins caught the game winner. I know that was a meaningless game in a 2-14 season but man that victory really meant a lot to me I always loved all those boys for fighting to win that game that day, in that moment it really meant a lot. If I ever met any of those guys in person I would personally thank them for that win that day because I really needed it.

Sorry to get all sappy I'm sure nobody has any sentimental attachment to any of his plays/moments like that but what is the one play/catch/moment that you will always remember him for as a Texan? If there is one.

Gosh, so many spectacular catches by Hop it’s hard to choose one. At the top of my head would be the screen he took to the house in Seattle. I picked this one because it was my birthday gift from the wife. Had a blast. I just say, Centurylink is probably the loudest stadium I’ve ever been to! By the way, sorry about your sister brother.

source.gif

NFL Game Pass is free for everyone right now so I loaded up the Texans/Saints MNF game from last year, probably not the best idea just made me sad. Going to miss him for sure.

What was your favorite memory of seeing him play in a Texans uniform?

Mine is for sentimental reasons. September 2013 I lost my 24 year old little sister, she died in an act of violence that I don't really care to go into details because this ain't about that. I just can't really put it into words what I was going through that weekend when the Texans played the Titans at NRG Stadium in week 2 of that season, unless you have lost a little sister the way I did I'd be wasting my time trying to explain the hurt I was feeling there are no words. It was stressed out weekend, everybody coming out of the woodwork to wish condolences, trying to figure out funeral arrangement, staying up for a few days trying to just figure out what the **** happened exactly. It was the toughest and most miserable little 4-5 days of my life.

The Texans win over the Titans always meant a lot to me so when rookie Hopkins won that game for us in that moment it was like a beacon of sunshine in the middle of a ******* thunderstorm that was going on in my life. I remember Dre getting knocked out cold but still holding onto a catch that saved the game. Then Hopkins caught the game winner. I know that was a meaningless game in a 2-14 season but man that victory really meant a lot to me I always loved all those boys for fighting to win that game that day, in that moment it really meant a lot. If I ever met any of those guys in person I would personally thank them for that win that day because I really needed it.

Sorry to get all sappy I'm sure nobody has any sentimental attachment to any of his plays/moments like that but what is the one play/catch/moment that you will always remember him for as a Texan? If there is one.
Sorry to hear about that. Same play for me. That was the last texans game ive been to.

Between the legs catch (ruled non catch, but to me it counted lol)

It's crazy how many acrobatic sideline catches he made that were ruled incomplete by some blind referee. The one that stands out to me still is the one in Mexico against the Raiders where they called back the touchdown. I still swear he was never out of bounds, his heel hovered over the line but never touched the white. That was one of the most rigged ******* games I've ever seen. That one and the Patriots game in 2013 where the Pats never got 1 single flag in the whole game(NFL record?)

Back