Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Dunta Robinson

jacquescas

Veteran
He has not dissapointed, i havn't heard much about Deangelo Hall who was selected ahead of Dunta, but i know he doesn't share a tie in the lead for interceptions at this point in the season.

He has definately been burned a few times but has played very well, shown good hands and incredible running skills the few times he has gotten the ball.

Im sure Dunta would be doing better than him anyways. It bums me though, we couldnt really compare AJ and Rogers last year. I guess its good that it is the other teams that are hurt.

Look at it this way. Our rookie CB leads the team in INTs right now with 3. You can say he was worth the #10 pick we used on him. He does make mistakes but over the last 3 weeks, he made more plays than mistakes.

Dunta is having a great season thus far. I dont think that he will ever become a bone-fide shutdown corner a la Champ Bailey. What he will become, which is why i think why he was drafted, was to become the all around playmaker that antoine winfield has been the past few years.

With Dunta you have a very good cover corner whose presence seems to add another safety on the field. He is at his best when he is blitzing the QB out of the slot and playing zone in the middle of the field.

Dunta's playmaking ability will make him a perrenial probowler in years to come.

Seems like the Texans have been very fortunate in their decision making (and in the decisions other have made as well) since Boselli. Carr or Harrington? We pick Carr and Harrington has his heart scare thing. The Lions take Rogers or Johnson, The Lions take Rogers and he spends two years injured and getting the fragile tag. This year the Texans are looking for a corner and the one selected ahead of ours breaks his hip.

It's getting kind of spooky IMO how fortunate we've been.

AlexVanderpool said:
With Dunta you have a very good cover corner whose presence seems to add another safety on the field. He is at his best when he is blitzing the QB out of the slot and playing zone in the middle of the field.

Dunta's playmaking ability will make him a perrenial probowler in years to come.

Dunta did play safety his first two seasons in college .

I have to agree he seems to be at his best in zone coverages , maybe thats due to his how well he reacts and to his very good closing speed .

In the overtime period last week he was all but alone on his side of the field covering Marcus Robinson and was beaten on two plays , the first of which was a dropped pass , the second was the TD to end the game . Considering he had no safety help with Glenn covering Moss and Coleman playing over the top all his mistakes were magnified. Him getting beat doesnt bother me , what does is that he got beat with the same move on the same pattern a couple plays later .
No no no , im not saying fire him or bench him so all those who like to twist words and the such can forget that :hehe:

What i am saying is i like the guy but he has made a few mistakes and those are to be expected from ANY CORNER not just a rookie . He's got no-where to go but up and has two pro bowl corners on the team to learn from . We have no reason not to expect him to be a very good if not shut down corner for years to come . :boxing:

isnt it coincidental that A.J. was drafted behind Charles Rogers- Rogers out with injury

Dunta drafted behind Hall, Hall out with injury for the season

I guess 1st is the hurt
2nd is the best
and 3rd seems to end up playing for the Jets :twocents:

Hervoyel said:
Seems like the Texans have been very fortunate in their decision making (and in the decisions other have made as well) since Boselli. Carr or Harrington? We pick Carr and Harrington has his heart scare thing. The Lions take Rogers or Johnson, The Lions take Rogers and he spends two years injured and getting the fragile tag. This year the Texans are looking for a corner and the one selected ahead of ours breaks his hip.

It's getting kind of spooky IMO how fortunate we've been.

As of today, the texans are 3 for 3 in top 10 picks (always could change), which is exceptional. That type of success/luck at the top of the draft will get up to the bottom of the first round pretty quickly.

El Tejano said:
3 for 3 ? What about Babin? I guess the jury is still out on him for next year?

Babin wasn't a top 10 pick.

ArlingtonTexan said:
As of today, the texans are 3 for 3 in top 10 picks (always could change), which is exceptional. That type of success/luck at the top of the draft will get up to the bottom of the first round pretty quickly.

We've been fortunate that none of our top picks so far has had serious injuries other that David Carr missing some games last year. We have had some injuries though with our other picks, namely Bennie Joppru. We don't know if he'll ever be fully healthy to play again. Then we have had nagging injuries with Domanick Davis. Special teams standout Ramon Walker is out for the year I think. Injuries will happen to everyone it's just a mattter of who is able to step up and play better for your respective teams.

I am real pleased with the team's selection of Dunta. He is a gifted athelete who is also a real hard-nosed football player. The guy is one of the hardest
hitting corners I've ever seen - sorta the opposite of that well know and highly acclaimed corner Neon Deon. Except he can cover and has tremendous speed himself. But the guy is such a hard hitter (sorta of a mini LB), I worry about him and his diminutive physique - but he seems to be durable. Just the
same, I hope they get him in the weight room in the off season and put maybe 10 lbs on him - just so he dosen't sacrifice any of that speed or quickness by gaining some weight.

Hervoyel said:
Seems like the Texans have been very fortunate in their decision making ... It's getting kind of spooky IMO how fortunate we've been.
Boy those (hard working) guys sure are lucky!

He has played well, but he is a rookie. He'll get a chance to pile up the stats as QB's will take their shots at him. I must admit I'm impressed with his play thus far. He looks like he'll be a good one.

Back