Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Dunta Robinson

fball

Noob
Hey guy's does anyone remember when our number one draft choice signed, because we only have about three weeks till camp and hasn't signed yet, for some reason I thought by now we signed our top pick! :hmmm:

Well we signed Babin already. However, it was expected that Robinson would be the first 1st rounder to sign. Expect him to be signed before training camp. Most NFL GMs are just getting back from vacation, and just now begin to sign their draft picks.

robinson will be signed by training camp begins...casserly and robinson both have said it would be done

shouldnt be an issue.

anyone know who d-rob's agent is?

If I know anything about CC and DC, they will do everything in their power to have Dunta signed before training camp starts, even if its just one day before camp. I think that Dunta might be waiting for Gamble to sign though useing his contract as a starting point.

BuffSoldier said:
I think that Dunta might be waiting for Gamble to sign though useing his contract as a starting point.
Why would he wait for Gamble to sign??? If he waited he would wait for #9 (Reggie Williams) or #11(Ben Roethlisberger) to sign, not #28

I don't think he is waiting on anyone. His Agents are known front-runners and tend to get their players signed early.

They tend to use historical data as well. Just like Babin's contract, Robinson's contract will likely be a small increase over the contract that Terrell Suggs signed last year. The only thing that holds up contracts is when players with massive egos want way more than the same pick last year got or penny pinching owners/GMs try to pay less than the same pick the year prior. That's a big reason why the same teams seem to have hold outs - they do not hold up their end of the bargain (Cards, Bengals). Its also why the same agents seem to have hold outs as clients (Poston Bros.).

I think Hall is probably waiting for Robinson to sign to go off of his contract, especially when everyone is expecting Robinson to sign before too long.

ledzeppelin269 said:
I think Hall is probably waiting for Robinson to sign to go off of his contract, especially when everyone is expecting Robinson to sign before too long.

Then Atlanta better hurry up or their looking at Roy Williams numbers, because if Duanta signs first with the Texans it'll be very close to last years 8th pick $,$$$,$$$, then they are looking at an extensive holdout by Hall, more money or both. On ESPN Clayton has the Falcons in his top 10 teams :crazy:

That 2003 Falcons defense was a joke (no offense to Wade Phillips). They couldn't stop a sloth from going end to end on the football field.

Jim Mora (Jr.) has brought in some players, though, that should make this defense respectable. With Vick at the helm, the team is rarely out of a game. I fully expect this team to make the playoffs. Their defense, however, will prevent them from winning more than possibly one game once they get there.

For comparison here is Terrell Suggs' deal:

Suggs, 20, will sign a five-year contract that, in terms of upfront money, total base value and potential escalators, is among the top deals in the first round, a solid increase over the contract in the corresponding slot of the 2002 draft.

The initial signing bonus for the contract is $2 million and the second-tier option bonus is $4.25 million. There is also a guaranteed minimum playing time incentive of $1.05 million. So the combined bonuses, fully guaranteed, total $7.3 million and will be paid out by the end of Suggs' second season in the league, which is a very favorable distribution schedule.

In addition, the base salary for 2003 is $1.1 million, and the base value of the contract is $10.09 million. Suggs can earn up to an additional $5 million in "escalators," which are largely based on his sack totals.

So Suggs has a base value of $10.09 mil with a total potential of $15.09 mil. One thing to note is that Suggs signed only a five year deal which was unusual (and probably the source of the hold-out) when most upper end 1st rounders last year were signing 7 year deals. Look for the Texans to sign Dunta to a six year deal--that is the max length this year because the contract can't go past the expiration of the collective bargaining agreement.

Back