Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Dunta Robinson the man!

MoBlack

Practice Squad
i think it was wasted on him....i know sometimes you dont hear of perticular player sometimes, but what i'm tryign to say is if ol boy was really that goo dwhy is it we never heard of him. i mean i follow college football pretty good but he hasn't came acros my radar. i think we should watch out for kewain racliffe. he's been doing it ahwile down there in florida.

cap1

Rookie
MoBlack said:
i think it was wasted on him....i know sometimes you dont hear of perticular player sometimes, but what i'm tryign to say is if ol boy was really that goo dwhy is it we never heard of him. i mean i follow college football pretty good but he hasn't came acros my radar. i think we should watch out for kewain racliffe. he's been doing it ahwile down there in florida.

Because you haven't heard of him? Most of the people posting on this board, the old board and some other texan's boards talked about him as compared to Hall and Gamble. :twocents:

beerlover

Hall of Fame
Only time will tell, we'll all get a chance to see what he's got in a couple more months. He seemed like a reach leading up to draft day but his arrow on all the different boards pointed UP the entire last month preceeding the draft. He was also brought in by the Texans for interviews, workout & examination, so in the end it was less of a surprise and more a sense of relief when Dunta Robinson's name was called. :party:

Mistril48

Rookie
A 10th pick won't get you your first choice of CB, in most years drafts. The Texans have alleged that Robinson was their first choice. If that is true, we were indeed fortunate. Casserly and Capers (originally a DBs coach) have a ton of experience in this area and it seems that they've had a ton of opportunity to examine this pick (interviews, workouts, tape against top competition). The missing ingredient in the development of a lot of players, particularly players selected AFTER the first round is OPPORTUNITY. Again, I believe the Texans are in a perfect position to give Robinson the opportunity to develop into a good NFL player. I'm optomistic, but time will tell.

Vinny

shiny happy fan
I heard one of DeAngelo Hall's nicknames was ME-Angelo Hall. Robinson seems like he is a better tackler and hitter than Hall although Hall may be the better return guy. If Hall starts, then he wouldn't really be returning anyway, so if Robinson is a better tackler, I'm fine with that if their coverage skills are equal.

Blake

MMQB
SteelBlue said:
I heard one of DeAngelo Hall's nicknames was ME-Angelo Hall. Robinson seems like he is a better tackler and hitter than Hall although Hall may be the better return guy. If Hall starts, then he wouldn't really be returning anyway, so if Robinson is a better tackler, I'm fine with that if their coverage skills are equal.
Sometimes a players hype can blind people. But coaches have to look past the hype, and at the player.

edo783

Hall of Fame
I suspect they were rated about equal talent wise with some qualities going to one and others going to the other. What I think made Dunta tops on our board is the charicter thing that CC & Co put so much stock in and the work ethic/team player thing. That is where Dunta beat Hall out seven different ways from Sunday. As for me, I am glad they go for the quality charicter types vs the ME, ME, ME meglomaniacs. It makes it very easy to be proud of your team and the players on it.

Porky

Hall of Fame
MoBlack said:
Well, from now on we'll be sure to tell Casserly to only draft players you have heard of. That must mean they are good if you have heard of them. I'm sure you know alot more sitting back with a beer in one hand and a remote in the other on Saturday afternoons than our professional scouts. Just how many south Carolina games did you watch? BTW- I'm not sure why you say "we haven't heard of him" when we discussed the merits of Robinson Vs. Hall ad nauseaum for an eternity prior to the draft.

BuffSoldier

Veteran
DeAngelo Hall
AGILITY TESTS
4.15 in the 40-yard dash (indoor track) … 4.37 in the 40-yard dash (outdoors) … 300-pound bench press … 37-inch vertical jump.

Dunta Robinson
AGILITY TESTS
Timed at 4.34 in the 40-yard dash … Bench presses 225 pounds 16 times … 36-inch vertical jump … 3.94 in the 20-yard shuttle … 30 5/8-inch arm length … 9¼-inch hands … Left-handed.

When you really compare these guys, I think that Houston would have done better drafting Dunta anyway, had Hall been there. Let me explaine.

Most draft experts and scouts said that Dunta Robinson was probably the best cover CB in the draft. That is what a CB does he covers people, usually the best cover CB is the best CB anyway. Then you add to it that Dunta is a more physical corner,he was the hardest hitting CB in the draft and is better in the bump and run. Look at the strength, even though Dunta is lighter he benches more than Hall.(if you bench 225, 16 times you can bench more than 300). Then look at the 40 times. Yeah, Hall ran a 4.15 in an indoor track, but when is the last time youve seen a football game played on a track? Actually on grass Dunta ran a faster 40 than Hall.
That is more than enough reason to convince me CC and DC made a good choice. :hyper:

Fiddy

All Pro
MoBlack said:
i think it was wasted on him....i know sometimes you dont hear of perticular player sometimes, but what i'm tryign to say is if ol boy was really that goo dwhy is it we never heard of him. i mean i follow college football pretty good but he hasn't came acros my radar.
I never heard of DD before we took him a year ago.

mes311

Noob
I never heard of DD before we took him a year ago.

Good point. We won't be able to judge this class for 3 or 4 years though. This coming year is probably the year we can judge our very first draft class in Texans history fairly.