Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Don't Expect any Coaching Changes

Ibar_Harry said:
hope Vinny believes this, because I think its an important message for all of us who post here. I furvently believe what I believe. I try not to degrade others for what they believe, but sometimes in the heat of battle we say things we don't mean.
I am nice to everyone one-on-one and I don't think anyone who deals with me via PM or in person could say I have been less than decent. I do find you to be decent people but that’s neither here nor there. I am blunt and matter-of-fact and I am quick to throw out what’s on the top of my head. That’s just me. I do take issue with this chronic coach bashing and get into it with you all the time about it so that may never change. As a general observation, fans of players that follow their favorite players from their College programs to the NFL tend to blame the coaches when their favorite players get little to no PT or do not excel like they did in College. I think that is where we butt heads.

I appreciate your feelings Vinny, but I think its fair to say you are very critical of Carr at times and I certainly understand much of what you are saying. However, is it Carr or the coaches and what they are teaching and doing? In reality its probably both. I just feel, however, that for whatever reason the coaching of this team has gone down hill big time. I hope they can make me see differently as I really would like to see the Texans put it all together.

I just talk about games & just express what I see. I don't go starting threads talking about replacing Carr. I don't even advocate replacing Carr. I will talk about poor play though. It's poor play at the position I talk most about when discussing my favorite team.

aj. said:
Read the last part of THIS article about promoting stability.

In which McNair says:

"I think the greatest example is the Pittsburgh Steelers. They've had two coaches in 35 years. A year ago at this time, they were 5-8 — the exact same record we have — now they're 12-1. They've gone through some of those years, and yet they've stayed the course. There's certainly a reason why they're 12-1."

Here's the way I figure it, I'll wait'll next year if as soon as McNair sees 2 losses next year he fire's Capers and the rest of this hapless bunch of losers.

aj. said:
Noll's first four years: 1-13, 5-9, 6-8, 11-3.

Yep, looks like that 4th year is a charm.

Totally different era. No free agency to speak of. No supplemental draft.

bckey said:

It doesn't matter one bit. Stabilty is what McNair wants for this team, and I imagine that the Steelers ownership is serving as a very good guide as to how an NFL owner should handle his team.

bckey said:
My Noll comments were a just a smidge tongue in cheek. Always look for the humor.

Back