Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Does Pay-me-a-ton break the record against us next week?

Manning breaking Marino's record against us?

• Yes, we get smoked

Votes: 39 76.5%
  • Yes, but we win anyway so who cares.

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • No, but we lose against a running game

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • the 3's: CB's with 3 INT's, LB's with 3 sacks - we win.

Votes: 3 5.9%

• Total voters

OzzO

.. and then?
Calling out the TEXANS to play their most focused, mistake free, full 4 quarters, team effort, lighted fire in the @$$ game this coming week.

Hey TEXANS, the fans are ready, are you?

(yeah I'm already past the green and white game)

Im pretty sure its going to happen. The only way we win this game is to score more points than they do (35+) and I dont think that we are mature enough to go out and do that. They are going to focus more on trying to stop something that is almost unstoppable unless the Colts do it themselves. We arent in the playoff race anymore, lets throw caution to the wind and really open things up next Sunday.

The Colts will completely maul the Texans next week and honestly, they should be able to handle the Texans. If they are for real then the Texans should be just one more speed bump on the way for them. I think they are and I think we will be.

And the Texans don't have 4 quarters of focused mistake free football in them. No way they are capable of holding anything together long enough to beat the Colts. They'll be lucky if the Colts don't hang another 40 on them.

40+ for the Dolts and MAYBE 14 for the Texans. Should be a lot more for us, but we haven't shown we can do it for a long time.

:bouncey: cute!
Maybe you should have waited until this game wore off a little before putting this poll up . lol .. :hairpull: Hard to have any good thoughts at the moment.

Manning's not going to throw 5 TDs in Reliant. He never has, he never will because the Texan fans will never let him stand at the line & audible for 20 seconds. If the Texans can find a way to slow down the Colt pass rush, they'll be in this game.

If Manning does not get 5 td's next week, it will have NOTHING to do with the fans. He has'nt be rattled by crowd noise all year, the audibles are made with hand signals anyway so i dont understand how the crowd can stop that.

Lucky said:
Manning's not going to throw 5 TDs in Reliant. He never has, he never will because the Texan fans will never let him stand at the line & audible for 20 seconds. If the Texans can find a way to slow down the Colt pass rush, they'll be in this game.

I want to beleieve you but the Colts have scored over 40 points 4 weeks in a row. The last time they scored less than 30 points was week 7. It is not even a Texans thing, the offense of colts is just killing everyone at the moment.

With Foreman gone for the year, I have a feeling Wong will be in that MLB spot more with means more Antwan "I play my heart out every play and get tons of pressure on the QB" Peek out on the field more. Pey-me-a-ton should have his hands full with Peek coming from his backside. Atleast I hope, I can never tell whats going to happen with this team anymore.

Khari said:
I'm scared to watch the game next week.

:sbad:

My Girlfriend (big Texans Fan) and I heard that it will be shown on TV in Europe and it will be our first Texans Game we can see over here this year. It's just a bad choice to start with, i fear, but no matter what, we'll cheer for The Texans next week and hope for a Happy End any way.

lol atleast you get to see it for free. I bought tickets for this game the day they went on sale and it'll be my first game since Atlanta last year. I gotta start picking games earlier in the season. :rofl:

It is hard to take all this losing. All is not lost just yet though. Maybe Houston starts a four game winning streak next Sunday, who knows. Maybe Houston wins a shootout 48-45!! Stranger things have happened. :hmmm:

I was saying it over a week ago in another thread in the NFL forum and I'm still saying it. Sack Manning. If you can't bring the pressure you're going to lose bad. I'd keep coming with the blitz until he's having trouble finding his way to the huddle. Overload the line, expect to be burned a few times for doing it, and put his butt on the ground. Just let Peek run wild. Give him the start and tell him that he's got to put the smack on Peyton.

And even if we do get to him we're going to lose if the offense shows up with it's usual lousy performance.

I'd love to see our defense shut down Manning and that Colty offense. I hope he does not throw a single TD pass. But I think the defense is just gonna have to get what they can and Carr and company will have to take advantage of the Colty defnse and score alot of points.

Don't discount what the Texan offense can do from time to time. Remember the Vikings game...they came out flat, and then flat started playing, and almost came back and won!

The Colts D is not the best in the world, and while they are playing better than they have ever played...they can and will be scored on.

I am worried that the Colts are looking past the Texans. In the first meeting of these teams, the Texans were a playoff threat. Things appear to be different now, and if they think they are going to look past them, especially on national TV...the Texans just might pull the upset.

Here's to a good game! I'll be working the game for my company...look for the Salvation Army bell ringer with the Colts hat on...come by and say hello!!!

Colts fan weighing in here.

Peyton needs 5 to break. You all aren't giving your team enough credit. They have the potential to play well on both sides of the ball. This game is not a gimme, nor is it assured that Peyton can throw for 5. Can he? Sure! We've all seen it! Will he? Who knows! One game at a time, especially in the division.

I think the Texans are a future power in the South, and not that far in the future. You've built well, and drafted well. It takes time to establish a team from scratch! In the next couple of years, the AFC South may become one of the toughest diviisions in football!

And no offense, I hope Peyton breaks the record at home. The Colts play there, then come home for two weks where her will certainly break it in front of his fans. That's the decent thing to happen.

But like he says, he just wants to win. And he feels the OTHER record they're chasing is more important: 3 receivers with 10 or more TDs.

Good luck! Here's to a lot of good football talk this week, a great game come Sunday, and NO INJURIES!

Good luck! Here's to a lot of good football talk this week, a great game come Sunday, and NO INJURIES!
Thanks for the kind words, but I think you're coming on the board at a bad time .. we're kinda punch drunk and slap happy around here ....
Ever see the movie 'Money Pit' where Tom Hanks goes off hysterically when the bathtub goes crashing thru the 2nd story floor... we're kinda like that tonight .. :rofl:

CrumplerFan said:
My Girlfriend (big Texans Fan) and I heard that it will be shown on TV in Europe and it will be our first Texans Game we can see over here this year. It's just a bad choice to start with, i fear, but no matter what, we'll cheer for The Texans next week and hope for a Happy End any way.

The Texans vs Jets game was televised in England. Sidline, our "over the big pond" pal, told us on TexansTalk.com that he watched it. Hopefully, the TEXANS will show some spunk and not get blown away. Hope you guys/gals have a great time watching the game! Have fun!!

coltsrock said:
Colts fan weighing in here.

Peyton needs 5 to break. You all aren't giving your team enough credit. They have the potential to play well on both sides of the ball. This game is not a gimme, nor is it assured that Peyton can throw for 5. Can he? Sure! We've all seen it! Will he? Who knows! One game at a time, especially in the division.

I think the Texans are a future power in the South, and not that far in the future. You've built well, and drafted well. It takes time to establish a team from scratch! In the next couple of years, the AFC South may become one of the toughest diviisions in football!

And no offense, I hope Peyton breaks the record at home. The Colts play there, then come home for two weks where her will certainly break it in front of his fans. That's the decent thing to happen.

But like he says, he just wants to win. And he feels the OTHER record they're chasing is more important: 3 receivers with 10 or more TDs.

good post. No injuries...i hope you didn't jinx anyone!!!

Hopes are not high for this game. Maybe if they keep it close, like he only throws 4 touchdowns instead of 5 we can be a little satisfied.

Would be ashame if one of those big fat o-linemen rolled up Paytons leg. Just kidding, don't want to put the hex on Theism... er... I mean Manning.

:heh:

5 touchdowns? Nah, I don't think he'll get it against the Texans, but he might. I don't see any way possible that we will win that game, though. Indy gets at least 30 points in that game and we'll be lucky to get 25. 45 to 10 is more like it, with 3 or 4 touchdown passes.

This weeks stats don't show the one littel glimmer of hope we have of winning this game. Even though he didn't rush for 100 yards against the Jets, Domanick Davis pretty much did if they don't wipe th 60 yard TD away with a crappy holding call. As a matter of fact, Davis did start to show his seasons improvement against the Colts ( I think he ran for like 98 yards that game).

The Colts loss to the Jags earlier this year and much of it had to do with Taylor's running. If we are to win this game it means we have to put up a very good running game early. Not to establish play action, but to keep the chains moving and Peyton on the sideline. I believe we can run the ball much better this week and win this game that way. Getting into a scoring match will be way out of our league at this time with Indy. Most of all our D needs to just crash the LOS all day. Who cares if that leaves people in single coverage. It is going to happen even if we drop back our LBs so might as well do something to tick Payton off and hit him at all cost.

He throws 3 against us and breaks the record the next week. As for us winning or losing, we play alot better at home, but if we let the colts jump out like with did the titans, it will be almost impossible to catch up because their offense will just keep scoring. We are going to have to out score at least 30 to have a shot at beating them.

El Tejano said:
This weeks stats don't show the one littel glimmer of hope we have of winning this game. Even though he didn't rush for 100 yards against the Jets, Domanick Davis pretty much did if they don't wipe th 60 yard TD away with a crappy holding call. As a matter of fact, Davis did start to show his seasons improvement against the Colts ( I think he ran for like 98 yards that game).

The Colts loss to the Jags earlier this year and much of it had to do with Taylor's running. If we are to win this game it means we have to put up a very good running game early. Not to establish play action, but to keep the chains moving and Peyton on the sideline. I believe we can run the ball much better this week and win this game that way. Getting into a scoring match will be way out of our league at this time with Indy. Most of all our D needs to just crash the LOS all day. Who cares if that leaves people in single coverage. It is going to happen even if we drop back our LBs so might as well do something to tick Payton off and hit him at all cost.
You hit the nail on the head here. Clock management is the key...if you let PM and company get into a groove, there's trouble. DD is going to have to run, and run all day long.

I am a Colts fan, but I like the T's as well. (Just not this Sunday...)

Well i guess all our expectations for this team were high....Yes they have soo much talent but the overall picture is they have been playing teams with good records who as much as we hate to admit are better then us....Their a young team with much to learn yet and i look forward to next year being a stronger and better team then this year....At least now i'm just going to watch the rest of their games without automatically expecting them to win because its just too disappointing when they don't....Not to mention the sick nervous feeling i always get before their games...lol... :worm: Hey, i'd love it as much as everyone else if they won the rest of their games, but realistically they are playing tough teams all the way till the end....Gosh i sure wish they had the Patriots schedule for the rest of the season, talk about an easy schedule....GEEEZZZ, could they have made it any easier for them??? :hairpull:

Lucky said:

if he can have close to a perfect passing game and throw TD's at arrowhead stadium, then he can do it at reliant. crowd noise does not bother the colts at all.

that being said, I don't think he'll throw 5.. he may throw 3 or 4 though.

Hervoyel said:
The Colts will completely maul the Texans next week and honestly, they should be able to handle the Texans. If they are for real then the Texans should be just one more speed bump on the way for them. I think they are and I think we will be.

And the Texans don't have 4 quarters of focused mistake free football in them. No way they are capable of holding anything together long enough to beat the Colts. They'll be lucky if the Colts don't hang another 40 on them.

WOW man all season long we have been nothing but positive and now just cause 1) we've got blown out a few time 2) we cant play 4 quarters of FBall 3) Our O-Line sucks 4) Our D-Line sucks 5) And our coaches are conservative you lose hope, Whats the deal with that ???????

peyton2marvin said:
If Manning does not get 5 td's next week, it will have NOTHING to do with the fans. He has'nt be rattled by crowd noise all year, the audibles are made with hand signals anyway so i dont understand how the crowd can stop that.

besides, We have 2 home games following yours; Baltimore and San Diego. I am sure Manning and management would rather he break them at home and get extra little boost in those games. I predict manning will get 3 on this weekend, 34-21 Colts; In a ho - Hum game. The record falls the next week and he goes one to throw 58 total.

Your team has prospects, don't give up the ship yet!

Hervoyel said:
I was saying it over a week ago in another thread in the NFL forum and I'm still saying it. Sack Manning. If you can't bring the pressure you're going to lose bad. I'd keep coming with the blitz until he's having trouble finding his way to the huddle. Overload the line, expect to be burned a few times for doing it, and put his butt on the ground. Just let Peek run wild. Give him the start and tell him that he's got to put the smack on Peyton.

And even if we do get to him we're going to lose if the offense shows up with it's usual lousy performance.

That's good theory..but to actually put that to work is a whole other ballgame. The offensive line is one of the most dominate in the league (7 sacks given up all year..number 7 coming from a bad snap by a first time center last sunday against the titans..so really you are looking at 6 legit sacks). And to blitz Peyton all the time would be signing a death wish..just ask Green Bay. Peyton has the quickest release in football..so getting pressure is very difficult. He can audible the plays to match perfectly to counter your blitz efforts.

Here's to a good game...and hopefully the Texans players are mature enough to not want to purposely injure anyone. That would really put a damper on the respect your up and coming team has. Injury free on both sides! :patriot

Back