Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Does either Yates or Keenum give you a better chance to win that Schaub.

Does either Yates or Keenum give you a better chance to win that Schaub.

• Yes , Yates

Votes: 28 16.7%
  • Yes , Keenum

Votes: 76 45.2%
  • NO

Votes: 46 27.4%
  • TexanBill for QB!

Votes: 18 10.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
Simple question - Does either Yates or Keenum give you a better chance to win that Schaub.

1 Yes , Yates

2 Yes , Keenum

3 No

4 Texan Bill for QB.

At this point we know we aren't going to win, so what difference does it make it neither Yates or Keenum can win either?

In any case, given the choices, I voted for Keenum.

What kind of question is that? Heck. we would have likely won today's game against the Seahawks with Tim Tebow at quarterback. So yes, Yates and Keenum are looking very attractive right about now. But we should rally behind Matt Schaub and wish him well at San Francisco. This is a sinking ship that Matt Schaub is the captain on and we may as well go down with him.

I think Yates or Keenum will suit us over Schaub given our pocket issues.

Id rather gamble and see something new then to be continuously let down with things that arnt working.

I dont think our O line will get better anytime soon, and Matt Schaub with 5% of pressure = bust. I liked Keenum's/Yate's plays moving in and out (I know it was preseason).

You have tools like

two catching TEs: Garrett Graham, OD
Foster/Tate in the flats/run game, both can catch
AJ + Hopkins for size/speed/consistency (AJ had some ridiculous catches today and D.Hop vs Titans)
Martin/Posey for speed.

I'd sit Schaub next week and start Yates (even though I chose Keenum) but then if Yates couldn't produce I'd play the next guy in the second half. Mostly I'm thinking I need to see if I've got someone who's going to be able to step up on my roster. I'm not really all that concerned with the order.

I knee-jerk chose Keenum simply because he brings more mobility than Yates who I see as more of a more athletic Schaub. Either would be a step up in athleticism and a step back in experience BUT..... experiences come in both good and bad and it appears to me that Schaub's grow a little gun-shy. He seems worried about the pressure before it's actually on him. That's something Yates or Keenum won't have.

I voted for Yates because he's listed as #2. I think either of the backups can do better than Schaub.

No but I'm sick of seeing this weak kneed wuss that goes down faster than a Tijuanan hooker.

I'd sit Schaub next week and start Yates (even though I chose Keenum) but then if Yates couldn't produce I'd play the next guy in the second half. Mostly I'm thinking I need to see if I've got someone who's going to be able to step up on my roster. I'm not really all that concerned with the order.

I knee-jerk chose Keenum simply because he brings more mobility than Yates who I see as more of a more athletic Schaub. Either would be a step up in athleticism and a step back in experience BUT..... experiences come in both good and bad and it appears to me that Schaub's grow a little gun-shy. He seems worried about the pressure before it's actually on him. That's something Yates or Keenum won't have.

With what RG3, Kaep, and Wilson did last year...not sure Schaub could lean on experience any more.

Experience should have told him not to throw the ball willy nilly to the flats with a 7 point lead. Usually that's what experience is good for...y'know...not throwing the ball over the middle before realizing if the defense is playing a zone or not...things like that...

Simple question - Does either Yates or Keenum give you a better chance to win that Schaub.

1 Yes , Yates

2 Yes , Keenum

3 No

4 Texan Bill for QB.

I honestly don't know, but they can't do any worse. If either Tj or Case threw 6 interceptions after 4 games, 3 returned for scores..... I'd give them a little slack. It is what it is... but for Schaub to be trying to prove he can win with this team after 7 years????????

C'mon man.

Dont matter anyone can see by kubiaks post game speech that Schaub is the man and all the pick 6s he has thrown is Kubiaks fault, according to Kubes.

Throw Schaub to the wolves next week in SF. No reason to start Yates or Keenum in that environment.

Start Yates against the Rams week 6. If he plays horrible then start Keenum week 7 against KC.

If we're going to keep seeing rookie mistakes from our QB, then I want to see some rookie upside. I voted Keenum. I would be fine with Yates. Schaub is a very good QB as long as the pass rushers leave him alone (cue the "leave Britney alone!" video here). If the defense insists on pressuring him, we're going to continue seeing bad Schaub. So we can either strike a deal with our upcoming opponents to count Three Mississippi before they rush, or we can put a QB in that can do something under pressure.

Honestly, when you see Schaub have to move off his spot, don't you already know the play is over? Or at least, you hope it's over and not going the other way for six?

If you decide to make a change, pick one guy and roll with him for the year. Don't be bouncing back and forth....you have to ride them out....

I've been a Matt Schaub supporter from day one. Those days are now over. I have no idea what his problem is but his best is behind him. I voted #1 Yates but I wouldn't mind seeing Keenum either. Either is more mobile and I believe that to be a necessity behind the porous line that we're fielding right now. Either of these guys have the feet to buy a few extra seconds and surely they won't throw behind the receiver so often.

My Directv went out in the thunderstorm so I missed the 4th quarter. It came back on just in time to watch us lose in OT. Giving up a 20-6 lead when the tube went off only to find out it was a gifted 56yd pick-6 to Sherman.

Excuse me. I'm ill.

I said this in another thread, but I'd settle for Yates. Would prefer keenum.

I know Weeden got hurt, but that staff put their sht on the table & started their 3rd string guy over their back-up. Dude killed the Bengals today. Dude killed last week.

If most of us are right & Kubiak believe Keenum may be the future, this would be the time to find out. Start him on the road against the 49ers (who are having confidence/health issues right now)..... defense playing pretty good.

I felt like Yates was ok, certainly did well his rookie season, but that once the tape was up on him he was nullifiable. I think Keenum may have the same problem, but obviously hasn't put the tape up yet.

Keenum for the rest of the season, if it goes terribly stick Yates in and let him just field Marshall, if it causes a losing season, do whatever it takes to move up to where we need to be on draft day to get a franchise QB, spend the spare cash freed up with a rookie QB contract on upgrading at safety, ilb and depth at DT.

The risk is one losing season, I don't think we go into full on rebuild by doing this, and for all the risk of drafting a QB high, what better team to plug a rookie into.

I'm not sure the Texan QB solution is on the roster . That being said it may be time to find out . The Texans are missing their window because of Kubiak's reluctance to change and Schaub's inability to do so .

For this reason, I chose Keenum. After all this I would try for separating the skill type as far away from what we have now as possible.

I know Weeden got hurt, but that staff put their sht on the table & started their 3rd string guy over their back-up. Dude killed the Bengals today. Dude killed last week.

If most of us are right & Kubiak believe Keenum may be the future, this would be the time to find out. Start him on the road against the 49ers (who are having confidence/health issues right now)..... defense playing pretty good.

If keenum is active for the next game that will say a lot.

I really want to see what one of them can do though. We need to know if we have to draft a qb early next year.

I felt like Yates was ok, certainly did well his rookie season, but that once the tape was up on him he was nullifiable. I think Keenum may have the same problem, but obviously hasn't put the tape up yet.

Keenum for the rest of the season, if it goes terribly stick Yates in and let him just field Marshall, if it causes a losing season, do whatever it takes to move up to where we need to be on draft day to get a franchise QB, spend the spare cash freed up with a rookie QB contract on upgrading at safety, ilb and depth at DT.

The risk is one losing season, I don't think we go into full on rebuild by doing this, and for all the risk of drafting a QB high, what better team to plug a rookie into.
Yates was a 5th round rookie the last time he put any real game film down. Kubiak nullified him as much as anything else. And he got a little bug-eyed in the playoff loss to Baltimore. With a much better grasp of the offense, I think he'd be fine. I'm definitely OK with Keenum but that will never happen with Kubiak. He'll take the experienced player if he ever discovers the stones to make the change in the 1st place.

I can't say whether Keenum would be better or worse, but anyone thinking Yates would be a huge improvement has a short memory. 3-4 INTs a game isn't going in the right direction.

Schaub had a bad game, but were .500 four games into the season. I don't see a good excuse to go nuclear at this stage.

I don't think Kubiak survives another losing season. Not even with the patience of McNair.

So if he's changing a QB he's going to have to have FULL faith in this guy.

People who "want" Yates really shouldn't be complaining about Schaub. If you want to get rid of Schaub you should at least want an "upgrade" that can potentially be the QB here for years and run an electric offense. Anyone who thinks Yates is capable of that in the long term really shouldn't be complaining about Schaub.

Keenum on the other hand has some serious potential that this team needs to at least attempt to see what he can do in real time.

I don't think Kubiak survives another losing season. Not even with the patience of McNair.

So if he's changing a QB he's going to have to have FULL faith in this guy.
So he can either lose his job by having "full faith" in Schaub or he can roll the dice with Yates and at least have a fighting chance to keep his job? We're playing a big boy schedule this year. Despite his size, Matt Schaub is not a big boy.

With what RG3, Kaep, and Wilson did last year...not sure Schaub could lean on experience any more.

Experience should have told him not to throw the ball willy nilly to the flats with a 7 point lead. Usually that's what experience is good for...y'know...not throwing the ball over the middle before realizing if the defense is playing a zone or not...things like that...

Agree. With experience should come wisdom but he appears to have picked up some bad habits.

If we're gonna make this move, I wanna see keenum....just b/c he hasn't really had a chance....I think I know what I'm getting with Yates....not much better than Schaub imo

Agree. With experience should come wisdom but he appears to have picked up some bad habits.

Also...the Browns just played their rookie QB who just beat the Bengals again.

So I'm not sure experience is in play here, especially with these stupid throws Schaub makes.

The sad thing is, on the drive after the pick 6...he does the SAME thing. THE SAME EXACT THING. Except he rolls left and not right, he's under pressure...what does he do? He throws it up for grabs and was lucky that Earl Thomas went up with one hand to knock it down instead of pick it off.

It's even sadder because apparently Kubiak can't trust him. Kubes is saying that in the postgame he should have called another play, that he should have ran it. He doesn't even realize it but with what he says then he basically says "I should have ran it because I can't trust my own QB to keep possession of the football anymore...even if WE do need 3 points."

Now I'm starting to understand why Kubiak goes into turtle shell mode with any kind of lead.

After QB1, I'll take QB2. However, short of an injury I don't think you pull QB2 at any time.

I'm still not convinced our future QB is on the roster.

Haha anyone else hear the Fox crew just now talking about Schaub ??? Glad we as fans arent the only ones who see it.

This is probably wrong of me, but was anyone else hoping Schaub would get knocked out of the game by one of the hits he was taking? :evil:

Haha anyone else hear the Fox crew just now talking about Schaub ??? Glad we as fans arent the only ones who see it.

Dungy just talked about it. Said it was ALL on Schaub obviously.

Kubiak is the only one who thinks otherwise. Kubiak in his own words blames himself for being TOO aggressive there.

Meh, I'll let him slide with the quotes since it's just media stuff but what irks me more is Matt Schaub saying how "We need to be mentally tougher." or "We need to be better." No Matt, it's YOU these past 3 games.

yell if matt is good for a pick 6 every week then imma have to say YEs that's like starting every game -7 and 0 starting the game that's not good

look I hope yates knows the entire playbook by now like its that back of his hands

im a big matt schaub supporter but this is like his darkest days since hes been here I feel and if he does not start getting W's then I feel like we are wintnessing the end of the schaub era

Back