Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Division Games:

TEXANS84

Staff member
After reading this, it truly cements how STRONG division wins are for the playoffs.
Note this week 13 scenario from cbssportsline on the AFC South possibilities:

Indianapolis (8-3) has won four in a row and looks as if they are headed for their second consecutive AFC South title. The Manning touchdown machine should keep rolling this week as the Colts host the Titans. With a current two-game lead over the Jaguars and a season split already in the books, the Colts are further advantaged by having a big edge in division record (3-1 vs. Jags' 2-3). An Indianapolis win against either Tennessee or Houston (Week 14) will require Jacksonville to best the Colts on overall record, unless the Texans can somehow catch this duo and create a three-way tie where the Texans have a strong division record (3-1) and have a win in hand against Jax and can still split with Indy. In case you're curious, a three-way tie at 10-6 would have the Texans winning the division title due to season sweep of the Jags and better overall head-to-head record among the three teams (3-1 vs. Colts' 2-2 and Jags' 1-3).

Well, we can get the Jets if we play right, Indy eeeh... have to play our best game, cause turnovers, apply pressure, AND hope they make their own mistakes. Bears, whatever but we can't sleep. Jaggyuars, did it before, can do it again, but can't let them pull one out of their --- like they did too many time this year. Browns?, not too sure what a mobile QB might due to us but I say we got it. Hopefully we don't get into a commit/scramble, pursue/release type of game with Garcia.
Just makes you wish we could take the Chragers, Lions, Vikes games back huh? :dontknowa

GB was ours too, we just stalled out. Man that hurts...

This is not possible unless........nope....won't waste my time and explain. Just look at Indy's record....it's just not possible! Let's be real here people!

Its not really a post saying that we are going to make the playoffs (I wish it were true, but its a far longshot). This thread was started because of this:
In case you're curious, a three-way tie at 10-6 would have the Texans winning the division title due to season sweep of the Jags and better overall head-to-head record among the three teams

How overly important division games really are. Despite the Colts blowing out teams 41-9, 49-21, etc...due to the Texans strong division record, a split w/ the Colts, a sweep of the Jags, and a 10-6 tying record makes Manning sit at home.

But hey, this is the NFL....anything can happen.

For the Texans to make it they'll have to pass a couple of teams and grab a wildcard spot. If they beat the Jags and they at least tie them then the Texans are up on them. They have to finish ahead of Denver, though. Overally, I think the Texans need to go 4-1 with wins against the Jets and Jags at least. They'll need at least 2 of the Jets, Broncos, and Ravens to lose 4 of 5 games. The Jets have a tough remaining schedule, but have a 3 game lead. The Ravens have a much easier schedule while the Broncos have a couple of tough games. I don't think the problem will be going 4-1, it probably isn't going to happen, but it's more likely than those other teams losing out.

TEXANS84 said:
Its not really a post saying that we are going to make the playoffs (I wish it were true, but its a far longshot). This thread was started because of this:

How overly important division games really are. Despite the Colts blowing out teams 41-9, 49-21, etc...due to the Texans strong division record, a split w/ the Colts, a sweep of the Jags, and a 10-6 tying record makes Manning sit at home.

But hey, this is the NFL....anything can happen.

You are definitely right sir! I was going to pardon myself yesterday but it was time for me to jet out of the office so decided to come back to it today.

And yes....divisional games....extremely important if the records within the division are on par with themselves.

Back