Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Demaryius Thomas traded to Texans

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Broncos notes: Joseph respects D.T., but disappointed in his comments
Demaryius Thomas, traded a week ago to the Houston Texans, made several accusations during an interview with Orange and Blue AM-760 radio Monday.

Author: Mike Klis
Published: 5:16 PM MST November 7, 2018
Updated: 5:24 PM MST November 7, 2018
ENGLEWOOD — Vance Joseph balanced both taking the high road when asked about the criticism he and other Broncos’ bosses received from Demaryius Thomas while also not allowing his former receiver to get away with his rants unchecked.

Thomas, traded a week ago to the Houston Texans, made several accusations during an interview with Orange and Blue AM-760 radio Monday, including that:

*Joseph, the Broncos’ head coach told him the trade rumors “were not true.”

*Joseph and general manager John Elway were privately letting people know Thomas was the problem with the Broncos’ offense.

*Receivers coach Zach Azzanni told him to stand down from reps during the New York Jets game so rookie DaeSean Hamilton could get some playing time.

*The coaches didn’t take player input on play calls.

*And, finally, while intimating the captain vote was rigged when he wasn’t selected, Thomas said Elway asked him to change his leadership approach, so he wouldn’t be so tough on his teammates.

The last claim alone damages Thomas’ credibility. Elway would never, ever, ever tell a player or coach to go easier on another player. And Thomas is not exactly a rah-rah type. To the contrary, he’s extremely laid back and quiet.

This email will be delivered to your inbox once a day in the morning.

“No. 1, we have great respect for ‘D.T.’," Joseph said during his press conference Wednesday. “Myself, John, Zach and all the guys who were included in that article, I guess you could say, or the conversation, have great respect for D.T.

“That’s first. I think, secondly, I’m disappointed to read those things about how he recalls the conversations going. It was obviously a week and a half where the rumors and gossip were flowing, and we talked about the rumors and gossip. Until something happened, we all had to focus on doing our jobs and winning football games. That was, from my end, that was discussed.

“I’m disappointed in how he remembers it, but again, we have great respect for D.T. He was a great player here and we honored him on Sunday. We didn’t win the game, he won the game. I think it’s a little frustration on his part, but I’m disappointed in how it came out because I don’t recall it being discussed that way. And that’s OK.

“The last point: We’ve got to move on. He’s got to move on and we have to move on. He’s no longer a Bronco and I can’t spend any time worrying about that. As far as reading the stuff, I’m disappointed it was presented that way. I really am.”

Texansballer74

The Marine

Thomas was offended prior to the trade, though, when he began hearing that Elway and Joseph were blaming him, a five-time Pro Bowl selection, for the decline of the passing game.

I was going to post this the other day. This is the reason why he said what he said. They threw the first punch and for what reason

Shishkabob

All Pro
Thomas was offended prior to the trade, though, when he began hearing that Elway and Joseph were blaming him, a five-time Pro Bowl selection, for the decline of the passing game.

I was going to post this the other day. This is the reason why he said what he said. They threw the first punch and for what reason
reason is simple, Elway doesn't want to look bad he will always release and leak little statements here and there to make himself look better. We blame him for our offense not being good, and it's easier to convince the fan base to trade one of the best receivers on and off the field in team history.

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Never really liked the idea of giving up a 4th for a rental. Even if he didn't get injured, he'd have been cut for his high salary cap hit in the last year.

Shishkabob

All Pro
Never really liked the idea of giving up a 4th for a rental. Even if he didn't get injured, he'd have been cut for his high salary cap hit in the last year.
the plan was to rework his contract and spread it out over 2 seasons. Would have allowed them to not rush Fuller back

Shishkabob

All Pro
The Texans. Thomas shone brilliantly for them until he got hurt. And they cut him for 1 injury?
Idk if you're being sarcastic or if you really don't know why a team wouldn't want to pay a 31 year old WR $14 million coming off an achilles tear. Achilles tears are pretty much a career ender for skill position guys in their 30s, add to the fact he won;t be able to play until Novemberish at the earliest, why not use the cap space for someone who can actually help your team?

Seegara

Guitar Picker, Dog Lover, Woodworker
Idk if you're being sarcastic or if you really don't know why a team wouldn't want to pay a 31 year old WR $14 million coming off an achilles tear. Achilles tears are pretty much a career ender for skill position guys in their 30s, add to the fact he won;t be able to play until Novemberish at the earliest, why not use the cap space for someone who can actually help your team?
Well, if he's 31 and would cost $14 million, you gotta restructure after an injury like that. If he wouldn't go for it, bye bye.

texanhead08

All Pro
There was talk when the trade was first made it was likely he was going to be cut when the season was over the injury just made it a lock to happen. They weren't going to bring him back at $14 million next year no matter how good he played.

Mangler

Toro de España
I would have been on board with keeping Thomas after restructuring his contract over two years had he not gone down, but an Achilles rupture is probably one of, if not the worst type of injury for a skilled position player. Not to mention he’s up there in age. (Football years)

NitroGSXR

Super Sic #58
I think it was snowing in Denver pretty hard last weekend. I vaguely remember reading about lots of crashes in Denver on Saturday. Like a 30 car chain reaction crash or something.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001018108/article/demaryius-thomas-suffers-minor-injuries-in-rollover-crash

Former Denver Broncos and Houston Texans receiver Demaryius Thomas was involved in a single-vehicle rollover car crash in Denver early Saturday morning, according to a press release from the Denver Police Department.

:coffee:
what's the saying...?
bad luck comes in threes
Happened 12:30 AM.........."nothing good happens after midnight".........

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Funny that the article re. Thomas failed to mention that he had 2 passengers in his car...........a male and a female. The male also suffered only "minor" injuries. However, it is believed that the female passenger was hospitalized with relatively serious but non life-threatening injuries. Details are lacking.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Funny that the article re. Thomas failed to mention that he had 2 passengers in his car...........a male and a female. The male also suffered only "minor" injuries. However, it is believed that the female passenger was hospitalized with relatively serious but non life-threatening injuries. Details are lacking.
I thought it mentioned that... or maybe it was a link in the article that I followed

Mollywhopper

Facilitator
Staff member
That article that cupacoffee posted?

Cause it mentions it in the second paragraph.