Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

DeAndre Hopkins named to AP All Pro team for 3rd straight season

welsh texan

You may say I’m a dreamer but I’m not the only one
Why only 10 players on O?
Also why have CBs, Safeties AND DBs as seperate catagories.
Congratulations DHop.
Watching the Andre Johnson tape this morning (posted in random thought thread) made me realise how spoiled we’ve been for WRs as Texans fans.

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was
crazy that last year was better than this year. HOFer? Still need larger body of work?

badboy

Hall of Fame
Yay! Now go get some separation when you're in single coverage and get some touchdowns this playoffs.

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
Yay! Now go get some separation when you're in single coverage and get some touchdowns this playoffs.
At this point I'm not sure separation is really his game minus play design. That's actually a good thing. Most dominant wrs count on their speed and lose separation with age. Dhops game will translate well with age boxing out defenders and out fighting them for 50/50 balls.

RedWave

Practice Squad
crazy that last year was better than this year. HOFer? Still need larger body of work?
A MUCH larger body of work.

He is 78th in career receiving yards, 107th in receiving TD's, 64th in receptions, and 1 playoff win in 5 years.

He is not even in the conversation yet.

Last edited:

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
A MUCH larger body of work.

He is 78th in career receiving yards, 107th in receiving TD's, 64th in receptions, and has never won a playoff game.

He is not even in the conversation yet.
I agree he needs a larger body of work, regardless of stats he's acknowledged to be one of the top 2 receivers in the league 3years running. Never won a playoff game? Are you a young Bills fan with limited internet capabilities?

RedWave

Practice Squad
I agree he needs a larger body of work, regardless of stats he's acknowledged to be one of the top 2 receivers in the league 3years running. Never won a playoff game? Are you a young Bills fan with limited internet capabilities?
Sorry, I forgot about 2016.

He was a juggernaut in that game with 5 receptions and the entire offense scoring 10 points.

There are currently 20+ WR's waiting (not in the hall) with better stats in nearly every category.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
He was a juggernaut in that game with 5 receptions and the entire offense scoring 10 points.

There are currently 20+ WR's waiting (not in the hall) with better stats in nearly every category.
Never argued any of this

badboy

Hall of Fame
You all know I am a stats guy but things not included in stats must be considered. For example Hop's stats off this season but he is playing a much different role. He was the guy #4 goes to for first down and must have yardage to continue the drive. Hop was guy that allowed #4 and the Oline to get better & the voters understood this. We better have someone like Nuk when he starts to faded away. He turns 30 in 2022 last year of his deal and we will have a first round that draft. OBTW, his avg cap will be about $14 million next three seasons. That is smart cap management Mr. Olsen!

RGV82

Random guy
Love DeAndre.... 2nd best WR in Texans history and potential to be number 1 if he can keep playing at this level for another 4-5 years.