Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

DD's touchdown run at the end of the game.

Sorry didn't know someone posted ahead of mine from fisher's report so i'm deleting mine...Iam very glad it was NOT deliberate letting us score :spot:

Cool! Even though I don't care for the Titans, I have a lot of respect for Coach Fisher. He's a class act.

I had the feeling it wasn't a gimme TD. If that was their strategy, they would have let us have it on 1st down.

Why would anyone care if it was a gimme? You guys handled the Titans the whole second half and it would not take away from the win at all. Just wondering why everyone was so upset over the idea of it.

BTW, you will never know if it was or was not. The only times coaches have said they let another team score was in the autobiographies after they retired....heh. Fisher would not say he did even if he did. Regardless, the only 2 options the Titans had was to let the Texans score or just try to stop the play and let the clock run out.

Course there is also the "who cares" angle, cause you guys owned that game in the end anyways.

BTW, you will never know if it was or was not. The only times coaches have said they let another team score was in the autobiographies after they retired....heh. Fisher would not say he did even if he did. Regardless, the only 2 options the Titans had was to let the Texans score or just try to stop the play and let the clock run out.

Well your right it doesn't matter other then having the glory of DD really coming through for us.....As far as Fisher not admitting they may have deliberately let us score i do not believe...He gracefully admitted they let the Jags score, so he is a man that will tell it like it is.....

I may be wrong but did'nt DD have a solid game well before that touchdown?

I do wonder what he meant about the Jaguars game tho. They lead that game at the point he is talking about, so I wonder what the point would have been. He did not let the Jaguars score tho, he considered it.

Yes i thought DD had a solid game, but you have to admit, that TD was soo awesome....I wanted him to have his glory....I re-read what Fisher said about the Jags game, my mistake...But at least it showed he is a man that will admit the truth...

texansgal8 said:
Yes i thought DD had a solid game, but you have to admit, that TD was soo awesome....I wanted him to have his glory....I re-read what Fisher said about the Jags game, my mistake...But at least it showed he is a man that will admit the truth...

Maybe he is telling the truth. I am just sceptic of coaches telling the truth about these kinds of things cause traditionaly they wont. Fisher is a kooky guy tho, so maybe he steers off the beaten path.

Back