Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

darius

keyfro

Veteran
what do ya'll think of this?

Jaguars | Darius Told to Stay Away - from www.KFFL.com
Sat, 1 May 2004 08:19:41 -0700

Bart Hubbuch, of the Florida Times-Union, reports Jacksonville Jaguars head coach Jack Del Rio told SS Donovin Darius to stay away from the team's mandatory minicamp this weekend. Darius is at odds with the team over a long-term deal. "Donovin is not here at my request," Del Rio said Friday, April 30. "I asked that he come in when he's ready to join us as a team and put the business side of it aside. He is not prepared to do that yet."

they want him to be apart of the team but they're unwilling to sign him a long term contract?

Fiddy said:
I'd be surprised if they didnt

We dont need him, probably could be a locker room cancer.
Cancer? Because he's asking for more money? Some players in the past have asked for money and are known to be great people. I doubt Darius is a locker room cancer. I would not mind at all getting Darius for a 1 or 2 year deal.

Darius signed the franchise tag offer sheet for 1 year at $4.2 million. He's under contract but with no signing bonus. The Jags could cut Darius today, June 1st, or just before the start of the season and it will cost them the same. Nada.

Darius was rumor headed to either Detroit or Houston. Don't know if the Lions are still interested, but with Coleman moving to FS, and McCree signed to backup both safety spots,the Texans already have a decent amount of cap room devoted to safety. Maybe the Texans could sign Darius if he becomes a FA, but they'd probably release Brown if they did. I wouldn't hold my breath, because the longer Darius is still with the Jags, the less attractive he becomes for the Texans.

del rio is really losing his grip on his team...i think there is just a few players on that team that really like him...you see the verteran players on that team constantly unhappy with him and management...jags might have a lot of talent on their team but they are not meshing what-so-ever and they will continue to be last in the AFC south

Just because one player is unhappy Del Rio is losing the team? Are you crazy? The rest of the team is completely behind him and ready for a big year. They said it was the most upbeat a Jags team has been since 99 after minicamp. Donovin's situation will be resolved hopefully soon and even if not it will not hurt the team as much as you think. After seeing the draft the Jags are ready to start their ascent in the AFC South standings. They will be contenders for the South title (to tell the truth I think all four teams are contenders realistically). Darius hopefully will come to his senses and either work out a long term deal or take his franchise tag money and play some football.

All coaches bring in their own players and get rid of malcontents and guys that do not fit into their goals. Look at Parcells with Emmitt Smith, CB Derek Ross, Joey Galloway, and possibly Larry Allen.

longhornjag said:
Just because one player is unhappy Del Rio is losing the team? Are you crazy? The rest of the team is completely behind him

that is because he carries an Axe into the locker room. I would be behind him also or you may get it like that poor punter. :rollbaby:

sorry longhornjag didn't mean to get you all wound up...but the way he coaches that team has it's good points but even more bad...hopefully for their sake they don't have as many players drop like flies in training camp like he did last season...management for that team is horrible and probably their biggest problem...brunell said it best when he said that it seems that they(management) don't care about the players who have been here from the beginning...i.e. fred taylor, jimmy smith, and himself...darius is next on the list because he wants a long term contract and they are unwilling to sign one with him...and then del rio has it to where people think he's a locker room cancer like with mccree...when he first came here everyone on the jag forum was like he has a bad attitude, which is untrue...i don't have a problem with a new coach to get rid of the players that don't fit his system but do it with class...don't send out messages that try to downgrade the players character

V Man: Good one. Who knows, that could be true. But if he saw how the season was going to work out he may have taken the axe to a less used player.
Keyfro: I see what you're saying and agree somewhat with letting career Jags just go without looking back. It happened like you said with Brunell, and others and is kinda happening with Brackens(he probably will be back, not much interst elsewhere). Darius has a ridiculously high asking price and if he wants to get a deal done he's going to need to meet management halfway. I think this is the only thing that has been going on with him. I don't think he is a cancer when he's in the locker room or on the field. Anyway I would hope this gets resolved, preferably with Darius staying and getting a deal that is fair to both him and the team.

yeah...and i take del rio a little too serious at times because before we got the texans the jags were one of the teams i cheered for...i'm a huge coughlin fan and not a del rio supporter at all...especially after the cheap shot on moses...which to me looked like del rio had ordered up...maybe that was just me but he didn't seem to be upset that his player did that...all in all it's a very heated rivalry these days especially after that hit...but as for the players the jags have i'm a huge fan of fred taylor...hopeing for a good season for both teams...no injuries

I'm with you in that if the Texans would have been in any other division I would root for them too (being from Texas, born in Galveston). I do think that this rivalry will only get better and better as the teams do the same. I also hope for both teams to fight hard and maybe one of us will win the division.

Back