Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Chicago fans cheer Carr's injury?

Was I hearing things or were Chicago fans actually cheering when Carr stayed down after a hit last weekend?

Sounds like something Jacksonville fans would do.

yep, it happened, and i gave the cubs fans in my section a piece too

i told them "you guys wish you had a QB half as good as Carr"

the Jets fans went crazy cause that was a heck of a hit that carr took, but many around me where clapping when carr got up.

I don't get that. Someone who is a good guy, gets aplause when he gets injured. In cases like Terrel Owens, or Warren Sapp, or Randy Moss (a couple years ago I mean, lately he has shown a newfound, and respectable maturity), you can almost understand it (being they all have/had such abrasive personalities). Not that I condone it (these are people after all, and their very livelyhood and bodies are on the line, remember Dennis Byrd?), but it is almost understandable.

Even at home on my couch I applaud when an injured player waves "I'm OK" at the crowd.

sandt38 said:
I don't get that. Someone who is a good guy, gets aplause when he gets injured. In cases like Terrel Owens, or Warren Sapp, or Randy Moss (a couple years ago I mean, lately he has shown a newfound, and respectable maturity), you can almost understand it (being they all have/had such abrasive personalities). Not that I condone it (these are people after all, and their very livelyhood and bodies are on the line, remember Dennis Byrd?), but it is almost understandable.

Even at home on my couch I applaud when an injured player waves "I'm OK" at the crowd.

Well Billsfan it depends on the class of fans...Obviously the fans that applaud a hurt player being down is trash as far as i'm concerned... :hairpull:

I was a heck of a hit and that is one of the reasons they were cheering but when you hear from behind you a hope they take him off in a stretcher i think thats a lil over the top.

MIGHTYTEX said:
the Jets fans went crazy cause that was a heck of a hit that carr took, but many around me where clapping when carr got up.

I agree with you. The Jet fans I sat around were very concerned about Carr and didn't want to see him hurt. Actually about 10 of them stood up and clapped for him as Carr came back into the came.

The Jet fans are very classful and I can't wait to go back a party with them. And yes I am a Texan fan and was wearing my Battle Red Jersey that day.

Everyone likes to see thier team win, but when you play a team with men down it doesn't satisfy all that well. Going against another teams best says something. You always want that. When a talented player goes down it belittles the win.

There's a jerk in sec 609, somewhere around row 12, that cheered and taunted when Leftwich went down a few weeks ago. I almost stood and told him off.

I mean, with the money we pay for tickets, I want to see the top-shelf talent on the field, even if it is for the other team.

Besides, if your team needs the other team to send in the subs to beat that other team, then your victory is hollow.

:twocents:

Are you sure they weren't applauding at something else like Minnesota losing at the moment? Or could it have been when Carr was getting up, because most people applaud at that point when someone is injured. I was born and raised in Chicago and have never seen fans do that at Soldier Field before. Maybe it should be looked at more carefully to be sure then the applauding took place.

TheTim5125 said:
I was a heck of a hit and that is one of the reasons they were cheering but when you hear from behind you a hope they take him off in a stretcher i think thats a lil over the top.
When fans get that ugly, the game of football itself is going in a very bad direction.

Buffalo_66 said:
where in Chicago dude?
I used to live in Naperville.........60565

I grew up in the most northern part of Chicago, 60646 I was one major street away from Lincolnwood, and a few miles from Niles and Skokie. I have been in Denver for the last 7 years and I do miss home.

Denverbillsfan said:
Are you sure they weren't applauding at something else like Minnesota losing at the moment? Or could it have been when Carr was getting up, because most people applaud at that point when someone is injured. I was born and raised in Chicago and have never seen fans do that at Soldier Field before. Maybe it should be looked at more carefully to be sure then the applauding took place.

I was watching on TV and you could hear the Chicago fans cheering when it was evident that Carr wasn't getting up. Now they may have made an announcement about a score or the fans could have been cheering about something else, but on TV it really seemed like they were cheering about Carr being hurt.

And it seemed like at least a quarter of the fans were cheering.

That would be crappy of them. I am not sure why they would do that though. Texans are not in their division and both teams really are not in major playoff implications, although as stated on other threads the texans do still have a chance. Very strange reaction imo.

People are just screwed up...I think I have it the worst though. I live near Philly and deal with THE worst fans in all of sports. Makes it tough to have to work around those people all day....I won't go to games since I can't stand the Eagles, cheering for the other team would be a death sentence in that stadium. I was at the game when Steve Largent broke his elbow on a TD catch in the vet and they cheered him laying on the turf too. I thought no one was as bad as Philly fans, but Bears fans cheering Carr down is along those lines.

Denverbillsfan said:
I grew up in the most northern part of Chicago, 60646 I was one major street away from Lincolnwood, and a few miles from Niles and Skokie. I have been in Denver for the last 7 years and I do miss home.

You grew up in Chicago, live in Denver, and pull for the Bills? Interesting!

Back