Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Can we please get the site rules posted?

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
I've looked and I can't find them beyond "Just keep it civil.." well that's a VERY wide range. Over the last week or so I've had several posts deleted, some the reason given some not. Mods can you please get on the same page about what is and isn't allowed? I've actually seen posts that one mod "liked" and then another deleted.

We did need a change as it was getting to personal around here and overall I for one have been happy with the job the new mods are doing. At the same time we seem to be all over the place now. I know the general rule is no personal attacks but what counts as a personal attack seems to be up to whoever has the delete button at the time.

Can we please get the rules laid out, with maybe an example, so we are all on the same page? It even helps the mods because then if someone asks why they were banned or a post deleted they can point back to the rule and the person can't say the information wasn't there. As it is now you could make the argument that something was done just because they didn't like that person or what they said and really the mods would be hard pressed to argue otherwise.

Thank you.

Last edited:
I had reported a few posts a while back that were not even looked at it seemed.

Before I had gotten an alert about what took place or what the ruling was. All of that stopped it seems.

There are several mods that it goes to though.

I've looked and I can't find them beyond "Just keep it civil.." well that's a VERY wide range. Over the last week or so I've had several posts deleted, some the reason given some not. Mods can you please get on the same page about what is and isn't allowed? I've actually seen posts that one mod "liked" and then another deleted.

We did need a change as it was getting to personal around here and overall I for one have been happy with the job the new mods are doing. At the same time we seem to be all over the place now. I know the general rule is no personal attacks but what counts as a personal attack seems to be up to whoever has the delete button at the time.

Can we please get the rules laid out, with maybe an example, so we are all on the same page? It even helps the mods because then if someone asks why they were banned or a post deleted they can point back to the rule and the person can't say the information wasn't there. As it is now you could make the argument that something was done just because they didn't like that person or what they said and really the mods would be hard pressed to argue otherwise.

Thank you.

I had thought that your post would get an alert if it had gotten removed due to violating the rules of the site. If the post was reported, I think a message was supposed to go to the person who sent it on the disposition. I figured that the same thing went to the person who made the initial post. It made sense that it would for clarification any way.

I'm sure that one or a few of the mods can explain the process.

I try to give the offender an explanation before I delete a post, or even move one. Sometimes I forget.

As far as one mod liking a post & another deleting it, I can see how that can happen. We're also members here & come here to interact. If I'm involved in a conversation & it gets out of hand I don't feel right deleting the offensive post.

If I come into a thread that has gotten out of hand I'll start deleting away.

If you quote an offensive post, your post may be deleted & maybe without explanation. If I see six posts that need to go, I'm not giving 6 explanations. The original offensive poster will get a warning though.

Thank you.

In general I will PM someone and ask that they edit their post rather than just delete it …. but repeat offenders aren't going to get that courtesy. Kinda a waste of my time ….

Good rule of thumb - Don't talk about each other. Attack the post , not the poster. Keep it to the game and players - not each other.

Profanity is not allowed per Hookem. This is a family friendly site , use some other words to get your point across.

Don't quote stuff that's going to get deleted , your post is going with it , we're not going to edit multiple posts. If you must quote it - remove anything offensive or outside the rules.

I haven't removed a post that wasn't reported by someone else - you guys essentially moderate yourselves - we just clean up the mess.

I'll try and post the official rules tonight or in the morning and sticky it.

I try to give the offender an explanation before I delete a post, or even move one. Sometimes I forget.

As far as one mod liking a post & another deleting it, I can see how that can happen. We're also members here & come here to interact. If I'm involved in a conversation & it gets out of hand I don't feel right deleting the offensive post.

If I come into a thread that has gotten out of hand I'll start deleting away.

If you quote an offensive post, your post may be deleted & maybe without explanation. If I see six posts that need to go, I'm not giving 6 explanations. The original offensive poster will get a warning though.

Seconded.

Well said.

I've looked and I can't find them beyond "Just keep it civil.." well that's a VERY wide range. Over the last week or so I've had several posts deleted, some the reason given some not. Mods can you please get on the same page about what is and isn't allowed? I've actually seen posts that one mod "liked" and then another deleted......

Texans Talk
Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

This has nothing to do with the game, players, coaches or management.

Vote to ban! :kitten:

Thank you.

This is still up in the NSZ and it was a very good write up initially. It wasn't followed through with after while which is why it isn't here anymore, but you can basically apply the same literature to the main forum and its pretty self explanatory for the most part.

1) Personally attack other posters--talk about your own opinion and why you are right rather than trying to describe another person;

2) Blanket Insults/Statements--there is not a uniform race, sex or religion in existence--it is one thing to say Shaq is lazy and as great as he is never lived up to his potential and a completely unacceptable alternative to say his entire race is lazy.

Fact--for whatever reason, people on MB's feel that they can say things they would never say in person.

Simple MB rule #1--especially on emotional subjects, before you post think "would I really say this to someone in person?"

Fact--profanity never adds anything to a discussion.

Simple MB rule #2--in an argument, profanity is the tool of a weak or lazy mind. There is always another word or phrase that will express the same thing without destroying the family oriented environment we are trying to encourage. Fact is, if you have to resort to profanity to "win," you have already lost.

Fact--either non-sports topics will be discussed appropriately, or they won't be discussed at all.

Simple MB rule #3--this is a football MB. We would like to allow any discussion topic, but if MB members cannot keep the discussion of non-sports topics civil then that part of the MB will be shut down or severely restricted.

Personal responsibility folks--freedom isn't the opportunity to do whatever the heck you want, it is the opportunity to be responsible for yourself.

FYI - We do not go into posts and delete offensive words or insults. The entire post will be deleted.

Simple MB rule #1-
Simple MB rule #3--this is a football MB. We would like to allow any discussion topic, but if MB members cannot keep the discussion of non-sports topics civil then that part of the MB will be shut down or severely restricted.

Personal responsibility folks--freedom isn't the opportunity to do whatever the heck you want, it is the opportunity to be responsible for yourself.

FYI - We do not go into posts and delete offensive words or insults. The entire post will be deleted.

Back