Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Cam Newton Cut

A veteran minimum contract with incentives and minimal financial damage to the organization if they decide to cut him in season. I still don’t think he’d bring anything more to the table than Taylor.

I do, never been a fan of Tyrods play, Cam was solid when he was younger, kinda lost it when he gave up in the super bowl though.

I say it’s an upgrade though.

A veteran minimum contract with incentives and minimal financial damage to the organization if they decide to cut him in season. I still don’t think he’d bring anything more to the table than Taylor.

Cam's last full healthy season as a starter...which wasn't anywhere close to his best season, was better than any season Taylor has ever had. Cam at 75-80% of what he was is better than Tyrod at 100% of what he is.

he gave up in the super bowl though.
Saying he gave up is misleading. He did handle losing like a whiney little baby but the fact is there was no way Cam and the Panthers were going to win that Super Bowl. The pressure on Cam during that game was unrelenting and unless that magically changed the Panthers offense was not going to do much. No Qb on the Panthers would have made a difference in the outcome of that game.

Saying he gave up is misleading. He did handle losing like a whiney little baby but the fact is there was no way Cam and the Panthers were going to win that Super Bowl. The pressure on Cam during that game was unrelenting and unless that magically changed the Panthers offense was not going to do much. No Qb on the Panthers would have made a difference in the outcome of that game.

You’re more accurate, whiny little baby is better.

Watson is the quitter.

Cam's last full healthy season as a starter...which wasn't anywhere close to his best season, was better than any season Taylor has ever had. Cam at 75-80% of what he was is better than Tyrod at 100% of what he is.

Problem with that is I think 75% at best Cam Newton is what is playing QB now.

Patriots cut Cam Newton: Cowboys, Texans among top landing spots for the former league MVP

Houston Texans
If Newton's top priority is to be a starter -- he said earlier this year that "there aren't 32 guys better than me" -- somewhere in the league, his best bet may be the Houston Texans. With Deshaun Watson's status in flux, the path to QB1 is attainable. Currently, the Texans have Tyrod Taylor and rookie Davis Mills on the roster, which are two quarterbacks that Newton should be able to successfully beat out for the job. Of course, the Texans aren't expected to be a competitive football team this season, so Newton's chances of playing for a serious contender would be wildly diminished if he signed on with the Texans, but it's arguably his best route to go down if he simply wants to start. Anywhere else and he's likely banking on an injury to leap up the depth chart.

Source

Patriots cut Cam Newton: Cowboys, Texans among top landing spots for the former league MVP

Houston Texans
If Newton's top priority is to be a starter -- he said earlier this year that "there aren't 32 guys better than me" -- somewhere in the league, his best bet may be the Houston Texans. With Deshaun Watson's status in flux, the path to QB1 is attainable. Currently, the Texans have Tyrod Taylor and rookie Davis Mills on the roster, which are two quarterbacks that Newton should be able to successfully beat out for the job. Of course, the Texans aren't expected to be a competitive football team this season, so Newton's chances of playing for a serious contender would be wildly diminished if he signed on with the Texans, but it's arguably his best route to go down if he simply wants to start. Anywhere else and he's likely banking on an injury to leap up the depth chart.

Source

Newton should be so lucky if Caserio picks up the phone and gives him a call.

Houston Texans

Source

dont see why the cowboys would be in the mix. Jerry just gave Dak a brinks truck. It’s basically, the Texans, Giants and probably the WFT.

Cam Newton threw 8 TDs to 10 INTs last season. Why would he be better here (or anywhere), this season? I can see why the rookie beat him out.

Cam Newton threw 8 TDs to 10 INTs last season. Why would he be better here (or anywhere), this season? I can see why the rookie beat him out.
Well, there’s this

Newton started 15 games last season. And he was one of the worst starters in the league. I don't know what % he is from his Super Cam days. But, those days are long gone.

This reminds me of last offseason, when posters tried to convince me that David Johnson would bounce back to 2016 form.

Newton started 15 games last season. And he was one of the worst starters in the league. I don't know what % he is from his Super Cam days. But, those days are long gone.

Cam wasn’t really healthy last year. He actually only played in 15 games, but He was nicked up with alot of smaller injuries & on top of that he caught COVID & missed like 2 weeks. when he came back he never really was able to get in rythym. he looked good in the preseason in his limited action this year. No he is no longer SB Cam but I contend he’s still better than Tyrod is at 75% of what he was at his peak. Only 8 pass TDs to 10 ints…..but he had 12 rush TDs last year too.

Cam wasn’t really healthy last year. He actually only played in 15 games, but He was nicked up with alot of smaller injuries & on top of that he caught COVID & missed like 2 weeks. when he came back he never really was able to get in rythym. he looked good in the preseason in his limited action this year. No he is no longer SB Cam but I contend he’s still better than Tyrod is at 75% of what he was at his peak. Only 8 pass TDs to 10 ints…..but he had 12 rush TDs last year too.

Do you really want a non vaxed guy in the QB room?

Would Cam even want to play for the Texans?

I’m all about making the team as best it can be…Cam is an upgrade at Qb. Obviously if he doesn’t want to be here, nothing can progress from there.

Wasn't Caserio in Foxboro with Newton last season? Do we think he would want to try again here in H-Town? No camp? Don't see it happening. This is just people nostalgic for a player that no longer exists.

This is just people nostalgic for a player that no longer exists.

For me it's being nostalgic for entertainment that won't exist in 2021. lol

Cam's press conferences are more entertaining than anything the Texans will do on the field. :tv:

Wasn't Caserio in Foxboro with Newton last season? Do we think he would want to try again here in H-Town? No camp? Don't see it happening. This is just people nostalgic for a player that no longer exists.

No one is saying he is still the player from 4-5 years ago. All I am saying is IMO he’s an upgrade at qb. How much, I dont know…

Look, I understand that some of you guys are wanting this team to stink it up as much as possible to get the best position for picks…. ( like that’s any sort of guarantee of anything)…& given everyone’s expectations, that won’t be too hard for this team to accomplish. But for some of us, we want to see this team do as well as possible and it is my opinion that bringing in Cam would help this team be better for the upcoming season.. at the very least he would help them be more competitive vs watching 17 blowouts.

Look, I understand that some of you guys are wanting this team to stink it up as much as possible to get the best position for picks….
I don't think Cam Newton would stop this team from stinking. At all. He's just a waste of cap space, to me.

CAREERComp. %Passer RatingTD %INT%Y/A
Newton60.1%85.84.42.76.9
Taylor61.4%89.53.91.47.0

Data is skewed based on 1 guy having only 3 full seasons in which he attempted over 300 passes in an 11 year career and another who was a starter and attempted over 300 pass attempts pretty much every year. You’re just naturally gonna throw more ints. That is reflected inversely in the TD%.

I don't think Cam Newton would stop this team from stinking. At all. He's just a waste of cap space, to me.

likely not, but they’d most definitely be better than they are currently are trending to be on offense.

No one is saying he is still the player from 4-5 years ago. All I am saying is IMO he’s an upgrade at qb. How much, I dont know…

Look, I understand that some of you guys are wanting this team to stink it up as much as possible to get the best position for picks….
Not me. Losers pick first.

I couldn’t believe New England signed him after his Lisfranc & subsequent poor (got himself cut) performance in Carolina. He played just as poorly last season.

Just doesn’t make sense to think the last two seasons is not who Cam is now.

& believe me, I was a big CN fan back in the day.

Not me. Losers pick first.

I couldn’t believe New England signed him after his Lisfranc & subsequent poor (got himself cut) performance in Carolina. He played just as poorly last season.

Just doesn’t make sense to think the last two seasons is not who Cam is now.

& believe me, I was a big CN fan back in the day.

he was playing fine until he and others on the team got COVID….and then Edelman decided to have surgery and end his season…..and then burkhead got hurt…

he was playing fine until he and others on the team got COVID….and then Edelman decided to have surgery and end his season…..and then burkhead got hurt…
Belichick is just... I mean he couldn’t figure that out. Watch Miami snatch him up.

fwiw...

Back