Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Cal McNair Insult Thread

Nothing is going to pop that billionaire bubble Cal lives in, and certainly not the insults of mere plebes.

He's got the mighty & righteous shield of Easterby protecting him, as well, so I doubt Cal is even remotely aware of the absolute derision and ridicule that the average fan feels toward him.

This is the kind of suck that's not coming out in the wash. It might leave a stain.

Been saying this since 2010.

Cal is a Dirty Sanchez

Who knows? I doubt there is much Texans coverage on TBN.

Then again, maybe he's aware on some level, but Jack has him convinced that it's a vast conspiracy and to disregard the noise. idonno:

Either way, Cal's message to fans is to deal with it. . and renew those season tickets!

I think he has to be aware of all this .... you'd have to live on another planet not to know and he has Pancakes in his ear & on his search committee's and that dude is directly plugged into the pulse of fan sentiment.

I think the absolute bottom line is he just doesn't care what the fans think .... they don't know anything. Fans are just idiots to be fleeced with overpriced tickets , merchandise , concessions and parking.

In a year when we have almost no draft capital and you've pissed off your star quarterback so bad no legitimate free agent would ever consider signing in Houston, you've managed to do it again Cal. Congratulations "slingblade mcnair."

Let's revisit the mount Rushmore of stupid trades here:

Ozweiler
Clowney
Duane Brown
Hopkins

There's an argument for a helleva lot more trades here with each individual one trail blazing new stupid territory. You guys truly are innovators in failure, but this post isn't about trades you made. It's about the trade you didn't make the one gd time you needed to.

How do you expect to fix this team without assets? You just let your best defender go without compensation. You thought this defense was bad last year? Just f'ing wait.

And yeah, the jj no trade belongs next to those above. This franchise is a joke. Sale the team slingblade.

MV5BZGM2YjhjMjktYjYzOC00NWM0LTg3NTMtMGNlYTQ1YzlmNjRiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzU1NzE3NTg@._V1_CR0,30,250,141_AL_UX477_CR0,0,477,268_AL_.jpg
MMM, I like French fried taters!

I can't wrap my head around how anyone can feel anything other than nauseous, at best, about actually paying for season tickets at this point..
I dropped mine when Hopkins was traded. But I had non-PSLs so it was no problem.

If you’re a PSL holder, man, you really do have to feel pretty awful about all of this. You can’t sell the PSL because nobody wants it, at least at the price you’re asking, and as long as you have it you have to buy the tickets or you lose it for nothing. So glad I didn’t buy into that scam back in the day. Yeah, I had to sit in the nosebleeds, but still.
I dropped mine before this year. Man, am I glad I did. I'm like you @Speedy , no PSL's just the Gridiron Section for me. My wife and I loved em, had them since the first playoff year. Made lots and lots of friends. But the thought of investing all that money for a weekend (we drove 325 miles one way) and having to sit through a Broncos type game just became too much! OB ruined it for me, more so after the Hopkins trade.
It will be a while but I'll go back to a game to see all my friends but may just watch the game from the tailgate TV! I'll boo Cal from there!

I think the absolute bottom line is he just doesn't care what the fans think .... they don't know anything. Fans are just idiots to be fleeced with overpriced tickets , merchandise , concessions and parking.

I don't think it's like that. & I don't think Easterby's influence is the driving force. I believe he's reasuring Cal to stick to his guns. Cal has an idea of what this team is supposed to be & he's working that way. We simply can't see it... can't appreciate it. But we will. & we'll all be on board & we'll all be so happy that Cal stuck to his guns & forget all about this offseason's "issues."

800px-reddragon.jpg

i know times are changing

but when did ...how do i say this ...???

the people of houston and the surrounding area look down distain and ridicule a man of faith a Christian that loves jesus ...jack Easterby and cal and janice tho i dont know how strongly they are in there faith but jack mainly

my point is i guess houston has alot of atheist people or atheist state of minds when it comes to certian ideals and topics

the people of houston and the surrounding area look down distain and ridicule a man of faith a Christian that loves jesus ...jack Easterby and cal and janice tho i dont know how strongly they are in there faith but jack mainly

my point is i guess houston has alot of atheist people or atheist state of minds when it comes to certian ideals and topics

but not just houston im pretty sure every single big city in the usa

John Lopez talks about this. He claims to be a man of faith, but is highly critical of the moves the Texans have made, putting them all at the feet of Jack Easterby.

He argues Jack is taking advantage of Cal's faith & manipulating him into making bad moves.

Mind you, Lopez has never met Easterby. & he isn't present when Cal & Easterby discuss team issues. But it is his perception of that relationship & he circles around on one bad supposition after another that he believes beyond a shadow of a doubt a reality that for some reason is easy to sell.

One look at my avatar and you'll know I'm as guilty as anyone here (or more.) It's an easy target but not the true reason for criticism. Cal and Jack are probably both good people. That said, I cant help but notice the power play from jack and it is unusual to say the least. I'm not aware of another situation like it in sports.

He joined the team in 2019 as a character coach and in his short tenure he's played "some part" in ousting gaine, promoting ob to gm, trading Hopkins, firing ob, hiring Caserio, hiring culley, and pissing off Watson.

His role in all of that is debatable but he was here for all of it. His ascension from character coach to having say in all major franchise decisions is remarkable hence the cult like reference of my avatar. He may be a good man but it appears he's made every opportunity to gain power again and again. He's influenced Cal so much that its causing a problem with players.

And let's not forget the purge of all those unnamed employees in recent weeks. He's deliberately terminating folks to replace them with people loyal to him. That alone isn't unusual but when added to all the other pieces in the puzzle its more cause for concern.

How did he manage this? Why give so much say to a guy with no true background in nfl management? The easy conclusion is he has Cal hook line and sinker.

And that's the problem. More power to jack if he runs a church. Trouble is, he's running a football team and he's doing a piss poor job of it. Sorry if my assessment offends anyone's religious sensibilities but something here is clearly off kilter.

Guys, great news!

After years of my car having nothing but problems. I was even looking to buy a new car.

I scraped the Texans sticker off the windows and now, not only does it run better, it smells better too.
Why did you spread one sticker over several windows? Seems odd.

Also, i made stickers of this to send to all of you. 1000 should do it.
4B32B573-2807-4D84-BDD1-BBA5792B2941.jpeg
Just need mailing addresses.

Why did you spread one sticker over several windows? Seems odd.

Also, i made stickers of this to send to all of you. 1000 should do it.
View attachment 7957
Just need mailing addresses.
I had two, one on the drivers side one on the passenger side. Placed them on the little quarter glass part on the door that is about 9 inches of safety glass, yet if someone breaks it.... it cost more than an entire windshield to replace... for some reason.

I myself am agnostic. I grew up baptist as well as my father. My father left the church as a 18 year old when he walked in on the pastor nailing another member in his office. To each his own but I don’t trust anyone using faith as a way to ascend to power and that’s exactly what has occurred here. The next time I hear anyone in this organization giving glory to god they better be holding a Lombardi in their hands.

but I don’t trust anyone using faith as a way to ascend to power and that’s exactly what has occurred here.
That’s exactly what you think happened here. But you don’t know, & neither do the talking heads.

Cal is making decisions we can’t understand & we vilify Easterby.

I can’t remember what they were, but there were a couple of Cal decisions we didn’t agree with before Easterby. & then we started questioning if things took a turn for the worse with the passing of the torch.

Cal is surrounding himself with yes men. Doesn’t matter if the name is Easterby or Rootes, or Gaine. If you don’t see things the way Cal tells you to see them, start looking for another job.

i was just thinking about that i for one think religion and sports dont mix well esp Pro football

what if a player was jewish or muslim or buddist they def would not want to hear what jack is saying all the time
Exactly, there are plenty of Muslim and Jewish players in the league and yes a one way culture of one faith can’t be a good thing.

what if a player was jewish or muslim or buddist they def would not want to hear what jack is saying all the time
Because they don’t want to talk about crips & belt buckles? No one (yet) has complained about Jack forcing his religion on anyone. So far it’s a case of Easterby overstepping boundaries & getting into personal business he wasn’t invited into.

Last edited:
That’s exactly what you think happened here. But you don’t know, & neither do the talking heads.

Cal is making decisions we can’t understand & we vilify Easterby.

I can’t remember what they were, but there were a couple of Cal decisions we didn’t agree with before Easterby. & then we started questioning if things took a turn for the worse with the passing of the torch.

Cal is surrounding himself with yes men. Doesn’t matter if the name is Easterby or Rootes, or Gaine. If you don’t see things the way Cal tells you to see them, start looking for another job.
That’s right I don’t KNOW. Just my opinion on the state of things, nothing more. I think the idea of “JMO” has come up once or twice here.....

I'm not fo
The latter. Trade back in RD3 if some solid targets are still on the board and you can pick up another RD4 and/or an extra RD5.
I'm not for trading back in the 3rd. You can find a starter like they did Reid at the top of the 3rd. In fact I'm for using the Cards 4th and the Texans 5th to move back into the 3rd if there's another guy there that I think can be a starter. At the top of the 4th you could possibly find another starter. If you have to use a couple of the 6ths to move up into the 3rd do it.

In other words I think the sweet spot in this draft to find value is the 3rd/ top of the 4th Rd. If you can get 3 defensive starters out of this draft then the draft was a success. Give me 3 solid starters out of the draft and a couple of defensive starters in fa and the defense will look better. Hopefully all of the guys they get can run. The defense last yr was terribly slow.

Last edited:
After listening to Cletus ramble at some of the live events I’m convinced he got a daddy degree from Rice.

Rice ??? You've got to be kidding !! I've two got friends who went to Rice. They are both brilliant and different as night and day. Neither would ever let on as if they were anything special .... but .... Sir Lawrence Olivier, on his best day, could not disguise his intellect as well as Cal !

Rice ??? You've got to be kidding !! I've two got friends who went to Rice. They are both brilliant and different as night and day. Neither would ever let on as if they were anything special .... but .... Sir Lawrence Olivier, on his best day, could not disguise his intellect as well as Cal !
Maybe he’s just an academic book smart wiz kid.....yea I‘m not buying it

The stadium name is the most accurately named stadium in the league.

I have the same level of confidence in my team to supply an actual football game on game day..... as I have in my power to stay on for an hour.

Have participation trophy wins made it to the NFL now?

Close. Almost half the league is making the playoffs now and 7-9 teams can even get a home playoff game.

I think he has to be aware of all this .... you'd have to live on another planet not to know and he has Pancakes in his ear & on his search committee's and that dude is directly plugged into the pulse of fan sentiment.

I agree that he probably doesn't care what fans (or his players) think. That's why I wouldn't be surprised if he's not aware. He's got Easterby whispering sweet nothings in his ears, advising him to ignore the chatter. Cult leaders have a way of manipulating perceptions.

I don't agree with the title of this thread - criticize yes, insult, no.

Your thoughts are understandable, but this thread is not personal. It's all within the 'football bubble' of the fan/team dynamics and it's a relief valve for fans to vent and blow off some steam. It should not be deeper than than for anyone.

That said, it is a bit maddening - within that 'bubble' - to watch your favorite team devolve into such a dysfunctional mess when the golden boy finally inherits the kingdom.

Folks don't look down on Easterby because of his faith. People do not trust him because there is a growing body of evidence that reveals he is using faith as a means to acquire influence and power within an NFL football franchise. And the culture he is a part of building appears to be less about winning football games and more about their vision of character development.

You can perceive things however you choose, but for me it has absolutely nothing to do with faith. It is about unqualified people being in positions that will most likely lead to a bad football team that nobody wants to play for (or watch) in the end.

Back