Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Brandt's 60 preview

scourge

Digression King
Houston Texans

This is a team ready to make a move, but they're in a very tough division. Defense is where they needed help, and they got it with their first two picks, both first rounders in the draft. Both guys were sort of unknowns, but cornerback Dunta Robinson and linebacker Jason Babin are both very good, and I see Babin being a Kevin Greene-type of player on and off the field, which will affect the team positively. The Texans also improved their defense with the addition of defensive tackle Robaire Smith. Offensively, there's a lot to be excited about. Quarterback David Carr has shown improvement and receiver Andre Johnson should have a good year. The signing of right tackle Todd Wade will definitely help them. Their running back, Domanick Davis, was a surprise in 2003 and needs to remain a key part of the offense if the team plans on scoring lots of points. This is a very well-run organization with great ownership. They'll be better than their 5-11 last year, but the question is if they will win enough games to qualify for the playoffs.

catch the whole article about the AFC in NFL.com's 60 second preview

Brandt knows personnel better than a lot of the other web-based "experts" so I value his opinion. That's why NFL.com hired him.

cornerback Dunta Robinson and linebacker Jason Babin are both very good, and I see Babin being a Kevin Greene-type of player on and off the field, which will affect the team positively.

In other words Brandt sees Babin as a possible leader of the Texans defense.

Quarterback David Carr has shown improvement and receiver Andre Johnson should have a good year. The signing of right tackle Todd Wade will definitely help them. Their running back, Domanick Davis, was a surprise in 2003 and needs to remain a key part of the offense if the team plans on scoring lots of points.

And the big three on offense Carr, AJ and DD need to stay healthy with the help of FA Todd Wade chances seem improved.

Back