Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Bradford Working to Impress

infantrycak

Hall of Fame
Now entering his seventh NFL season, the Texans explosive receiver has been spending the few months of down time in his Houston home. Bradford hasn't taken any extravagent vacations or spent time in a secluded getaway destination. In fact, he's spent almost just as many hours in the Texans weight room this spring than he did during the regular season.

"Monday, Wednesday and Friday, I would usually do upper body, chest, arms, triceps and back," Bradford explained about his off-season workout routine. "Tuesdays and Thursdays I was running or going through a lower body workout."

Bradford posted an impressive 19.2-yard average in 2003, which set a club record. While his 24 grabs for 460 yards and four touchdowns, including a 78-yarder in the Texans season opening win over Miami, were signifcant contributions to the Texans offense, Bradford is ready to blow up the the passing lanes even more in 2004.

"We want to just really improve this year and go out and play football and try not to lose those games that we had a chance at winning last year," he said. "Personally, I want to go out and get more opportunities to make more plays. I want to get involved a little bit more and I really just want to show what I can do this year."

We've only seen a glimpse of what the speedy and graceful Bradford is capable of accomplishing. His 10 touchdowns as a Texan have yielded a 48.1-yard average, topping the NFL over the past two seasons.

Full article at HoustonTexans.com

Interesting tidbits: Bradford only played one year of college ball and was timed at one point at a 4.2 40.

Nothing like a contract year to help focus a player. I LOVE the explosivness he brings and would be ecstatic if he became the consistant player we are all looking for at the #2 spot. If he ever puts it together for us we would be hell on wheels with him and AJ stretching the defense and DD running, but I will have to see it to believe it.

If Bradford can put up 800+ yards and 7+ TD's, rumours of his demise could be grossly exagerated.

Like to hear all the enthusiasm from the team. Seems like everyone that is quoted is incredibly optimistic and that they are making real efforts to gel and work in the off-season. Having a team that is a team rather than 53 guys that come together for 20 weeks of the year can't hurt and may pay a big dividend during crunch times.

If he improves his hands and routes, he would be a great receiver. He is probably the fastest man on the team.

I think we have always known he has the tools to succeed. The question is "Does he know how to use them to succeed?". I would love to see a more concentration catching and being more alert of the DB's so he can adjust his routes.

I love him as the homerun threat (Remember the Cowboys and the Dolphins!!!!). He has averaged like 50 yards per TD reception.

Fiddy said:
I love him as the homerun threat (Remember the Cowboys and the Dolphins!!!!). He has averaged like 50 yards per TD reception.

The only thing is that was 2 out of 32 games.

cap1 said:

You can say that is just two games, but:

10 touchdowns as a Texan have yielded a 48.1-yard average, topping the NFL over the past two seasons.

That's a home run threat. Carr has a ton of tools this year--hopefully he fully utilizes them.

cap1 said:

Dallas - 65 yd TD
@Phil - 23 yd TD and 29 yd TD
@Cle - 39 yd TD and 37 yd TD
Jax - 52 yd TD

@Mia - 78 yd TD
@Tenn - 65 yd TD
@Cin - 73 yd TD
Tenn - 20 yd TD

infantrycak said:
You can say that is just two games, but:

That's a home run threat. Carr has a ton of tools this year--hopefully he fully utilizes them.

Don't forget that the OL should be improved over last year. I hope this will buy him on average that extra crucial second to read the defense completely. He just like any QB makes more mistakes when he is hurried. Only time will tell how much longer he has to throw next year.

I just like the fact that he is working on his game. I think he knows what he is facing this year and is going to show some real difference. The one thing I love is how the team is trying to get together off the field. That is huge. They need to get with Carr and start going over most of the playbook together.

The only way he can prove himself on a more consitent basis is if Carr is given time to look at #1 reciever, then time for #2 reciever, and finally...time to throw it to #2 reciever. Until then....Bradford will be the same Bradford from last year. His performance is in Carr's and the OL's hands.

Back