Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

BPA choices

banned1976

sleeper mode
Let’s say the favorite OT’s and CB’s are gone or it’s generally accepted that it would be a significant reach to take one at 23. Or maybe so many CB’s have dropped that it would be reasonable to expect great value could be had at that position at #54, which I think could possibly happen. What position would you be OK with the Texans drafting at 23?

For me, if one of the top interior defensive linemen drop, I’d be happy with the Texans drafting him. IMHO, constant pressure up the middle helps the secondary more than from the edge.

Let’s say the favorite OT’s and CB’s are gone or it’s generally accepted that it would be a significant reach to take one at 23. Or maybe so many CB’s have dropped that it would be reasonable to expect great value could be had at that position at #54, which I think could possibly happen. What position would you be OK with the Texans drafting at 23?

For me, if one of the top interior defensive linemen drop, I’d be happy with the Texans drafting him. IMHO, constant pressure up the middle helps the secondary more than from the edge.

Any one in particular? They're not all the same.

Reactions: JB
I would not be near as happy with Lawrence
I wouldn’t either. I wasn’t thinking about him because he is so good, mentally I had already crossed him out. I think Wilkins is a top ten talent.

Man, there’s so many good d-line prospects in this draft.

Reactions: JB
If the best OT's and CB's are gone at #23 then I'd still be looking to go OL, maybe Garrett Bradbury-C or Cody Ford-OT/OG depending on how you want to use him. LT is the most important need but the entire OL needs upgrading, so I don't think we could go wrong with an upgrade anywhere on the OL. Maybe TJ Hockenson-TE falls to us, could be a great over the middle mismatch asset. Also with the way QB's are overvalued those picks should move other players down into our range. I think someone of good value will be available to us at #23.

I suspect there is going to be a run on OL which means a nice talent on the DL will fall to us. If that happens I say the odds favor Texans taking one if one of their OL guys is not available or reach.
If Christian Wilkins or Clellin Ferrell are there I think either would make a nice addition to the line.
I would not be against Dexter Lawrence either.

I think Fant available would make the pick marketable. The Pats may want to get ahead of the Raiders at #24 to take him. The Packers could be interested as well.

I agree with this idea. Is anyone else seeing Risner creeping back into RD1? If not. I wouldn't hesitate to take him at 32 b/c he simply wouldn't make it to 54. I stand by my position that the Texans, Gaine, OB and Devlin are going to give Davenport this season to prove he's a starter and they got Khalil in the event he doesn't' make the jump. Fix the right side and center.....then let's see how their plan plays out.

I just threw Fant out there to stir up a conversation. The only TE I’m really high on in this draft is Hockenson.

The more I think about it the more I like the idea of drafting IDL at 23 if the value is great (like Wilkins). Anthony Munoz isn’t in this draft and neither is Dion Sanders. So if the best available is a IDL, or even IOL as Wolf suggested. Somebody is going to have to block the Ed Oliver’s and Donald’s of the league.

I was going to start a similar thread. I would want a trade down first. We need more picks. If not possible then i would be looking at the best interior DL that can get pressure on the QB. Simmons (don’t care about the injury) he’s a top ten talent. Tillery, Wilkins, Ferril and a dream pick Burns.

Fant is essentially a jumbo WR but he can also come down and block. He'd be a massive upgrade over all of our other TE's and would give Watson a great secondary option on 3rd downs and in the redzone when teams are honing in on Hopkins. He caught 18 TD's the last 2 years....Hockenson only caught 9.

Always funny to me when fans boo drafting top talent because it doesn't fit a "need". Landing playmakers and potentially elite players is always a need.

If Sweat and Simmons fall because of health issues we should seriously consider both.

https://amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3....adsm=false&p.tcm=#000&p.bgc1m=#EAEAEA&sr=amp

5) Jeffery Simmons will go in the first round:Despite suffering an ACL tear in February and his highly publicized 2016 arrest, which stemmed from a video of him getting into a physical altercation with a woman, I expect the former Mississippi State DT to be picked in Round 1. Teams understand that Simmons will probably need a redshirt year in 2019 as he recovers from his injury, but the ability to land a disruptive interior D-lineman who could end up being one of the top players to come from this draft will be too much for a team to pass up in the back end of the first round.

6) Montez Sweat may drop, but he won't plummet: Teams seem to vacillate on whether or not the Mississippi State edge rusher, long projected to be a top-10 pick, will fall in the draft. There may be teams who have him off their board due to concerns about his heart condition that came to light at the NFL Scouting Combine, which brings to mind the situation that unfolded with former Michigan DT Maurice Hurst last year. A heart condition diagnosed at the 2018 combine helped push Hurst into the fifth round before the Raiderspicked him, but I don't expect anywhere near that kind of fall for Sweat. While Hurst was not cleared to work out at the combine, Sweat was and crushed it. He could drop out of the top 10, but it's highly unlikely he falls deep into the second half of Round 1.

If Sweat and Simmons fall because of health issues we should seriously consider both.

https://amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001027742/article/2019-nfl-draft-believable-things-amid-so-much-misinformation?networkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url=story&zoneKeys=s1=story&env=&pageKeyValues=prtnr=path-to-the-draft;plyr=joshua_rosen;plyr=maurice_hurst&p.ct=Path+to+the+Draft&p.adsm=false&p.tcm=#000&p.bgc1m=#EAEAEA&sr=amp

5) Jeffery Simmons will go in the first round:Despite suffering an ACL tear in February and his highly publicized 2016 arrest, which stemmed from a video of him getting into a physical altercation with a woman, I expect the former Mississippi State DT to be picked in Round 1. Teams understand that Simmons will probably need a redshirt year in 2019 as he recovers from his injury, but the ability to land a disruptive interior D-lineman who could end up being one of the top players to come from this draft will be too much for a team to pass up in the back end of the first round.

6) Montez Sweat may drop, but he won't plummet: Teams seem to vacillate on whether or not the Mississippi State edge rusher, long projected to be a top-10 pick, will fall in the draft. There may be teams who have him off their board due to concerns about his heart condition that came to light at the NFL Scouting Combine, which brings to mind the situation that unfolded with former Michigan DT Maurice Hurst last year. A heart condition diagnosed at the 2018 combine helped push Hurst into the fifth round before the Raiderspicked him, but I don't expect anywhere near that kind of fall for Sweat. While Hurst was not cleared to work out at the combine, Sweat was and crushed it. He could drop out of the top 10, but it's highly unlikely he falls deep into the second half of Round 1.

would them over Clelin Ferrell who has no red flags, isn’t that the Texan way?

Funny thing about Hurst is that he was cleared by both University of Michigan and Harvard medicine doctors. He fell because teams freaked out just because their guys (combine meds) saw it for the first time.

He played through the issue at UM and was a beast then he turns in a stud rookie year for Oakland with zero issues.

Funny thing about Hurst is that he was cleared by both University of Michigan and Harvard medicine doctors. He fell because teams freaked out just because their guys (combine meds) saw it for the first time.

He played through the issue at UM and was a beast then he turns in a stud rookie year for Oakland with zero issues.
One doctor is saying Sweat has been falsely diagnosed.

I think Fant available would make the pick marketable. The Pats may want to get ahead of the Raiders at #24 to take him. The Packers could be interested as well.
Yeah that's what I have in my offseason and draft thread. Pointwise NE 64 and three thirds equal our 23 but I'd settle for only two of those thirds

Going BPA means trading up for Hakeem Butler.

Love this guy nd would give up a 2020 pick to get him.

He would be another great deep threat/RZ target.

Gong BPAvailable definitionally does not require trading up.

You trade up to get someone better than available at your pick.

I'm talking about trading up to get a guy that can help your team win when WFV goes down again next yr.

Back