Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Blackout Uniforms For Every NFL Team

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
I’m just curious.....did the NFL just do away with the 1 helmet rule?

If so, looking forward to the “Throwback Uniforms” as well.

I like the uniforms but I haven’t heard the reason for their introduction.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Unfortunately, those blackout unis were just an independent artistic exercise in 2018..........not one sponsored by the NFL............and like the way of most concept cars, we are unlikely to see our teams ever wear these cool unis.:cool:

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
Some of the black unis were cool when they first came out, but now that everyone and their brother does it, I’m not a fan. Especially for teams that don’t have or have never had black in their scheme. Like Houston teams for example. I hate the Rockets black unis. Rockets are red. UH Cougars have done black. Not in favor of that either. UH is red.

The black is so saturated now, you can’t identify what teams are what. The Boston Celtics wear black? Thats not Celtics.

I’ve always liked the fact of watching games or highlights, and immediately knowing who the teams are by their uniforms. Green and gold? That’s the Packers. Love that the Padres went back to mustard and brown. That’s the Padres. Loved that the Astros went back to blue and orange. That’s the Astros. What’s wrong with having an identity anymore instead of everybody looking the same?

Wait, the Falcons had Thursday night game? Oh, no, that’s the Texans in the alternate blacks. Or the Chiefs, maybe Washington? Who the **** knows anymore?

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
I don't like NFL uniforms when pants, jerseys and everything are all the same color, either all black or all white, and most especially the popsicle all-red uniforms.

badboy

Hall of Fame
I just hope to see NFL teams on field this season and don't care which uni they wear. I need football!