Waterboy
Passes Att...719
Passes Comp...470
Percent Comp...65.37
Touchdowns...52
Interceptions...22
Total Yds...5833

...includes Bowl Game Against Navy--total 13 Games

Well, we aren't gonna see him this year.

It's going to be interesting to see what the situation with Tony Banks is in the offseason. I will have a nauseating feeling in my stomach with a Carr/Ragone/Symons lineup.

TEXANS84 said:
I will have a nauseating feeling in my stomach with a Carr/Ragone/Symons lineup.

Frankly I really want to see what Symons will do next pre-season. He may not be the right size for the NFL (being one inch shorter than Favre and all) but he certainly can dish the ball around.

I agree. I didn't watch him play in college, put after seeing the numbers he put up in his senior season, I really want to see what he can do when he is healthy. Banks has already said he wants to start for another team after this season, (don't have a link or quote, read it somewhere but forgot where, probably here somewhere), so if he leaves after this season, that will leave Ragone and Symons as backup. Who knows, Symons could end up taking the #2 QB spot depending on how things go.

Might be nice to have a blow out or two (LOL-we do the scoring) the next few games and get Ragone into a real game for some experience. It would be a tough situation to have him have to go in to a game next season and never having played much in a real game. Pre-season doesn't really count IMO.

rhc564 said:
Passes Att...719
Passes Comp...470
Percent Comp...65.37
Touchdowns...52
Interceptions...22
Total Yds...5833

...includes Bowl Game Against Navy--total 13 Games

Hope we found a jewel here.
However, his predecessor also put up pretty good stats in the Texas Tech system.

cac :coffee:

well as probably the only member on this board that saw every game symons every played at tech...and the only member to have ever played against him...i can tell you this about bj...he's a ball player...he plays hurt...he plays a lot like farve in the since that he doesn't let int's get to him...he'll fire away as just like him...if you want a pro that he most reminds me of though it's not farve it's garcia...he's just as mobile as garcia and probably will end up being a story just like garcia...playing either in the nfle or cfl before a nfl team can commit to him

cuppacoffee said:
Hope we found a jewel here.
However, his predecessor also put up pretty good stats in the Texas Tech system.

cac :coffee:
...yeah, Kingsbury was fortunate to get drafted by the Patriots but then
got traded to the Saints--OUCH, from the penthouse to the...

rhc564 said:
...yeah, Kingsbury was fortunate to get drafted by the Patriots but then
got traded to the Saints--OUCH, from the penthouse to the...

place you get to hang out with Jessica Simpson and Britney Spears

keyfro said:
well as probably the only member on this board that saw every game symons every played at tech...

I watched all the games that were televised mostly TBS
listened to the rest

one of my fondest sports moments was espn going to commercial at the end of day two (remember I am already amped with 'los going to the Raiders third pick of the day), of course every one of our picks came during a commercial... hit refresh on my browser first post: "Bryan Simmons?? WTF??"... I turn to my brother and say "we got him" he says "the Natural" (that's Wes Welker) I say "no, BJ"...refresh... next post "Bryan Symons, QB Texas Tech"... we celebrated for about a week... at least until Mickey signed with the tacks and Wes with the Chargers

Back