Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Best Sources for Training Camp News

michaelm

vox nihili
List your best sources for Texans camp updates.
Twitter accounts, bloggers etc.

Please and thank you

Just like with medical opinions...on here I've come to know some can be trusted while others... like me just talk out their backside.

So here is where I come for most of it since I am allergic to the main forms of social media. I was told if I played with it Id go blind so I leave my twitter alone. I don't trust books with faces and Instagram sounds like where you go to stalk people.

This is a good year for getting content. Lots of people going out regularly who are interesting to talk ball with. Everybody has different perspectives of the same thing, and that is not all bad. I am going to list folks who are out there all the time and will likely leave some off.

Chronicle guys have been getting some unique content - Brooks Kubena, Jonathan Alexander - They are pros, Chronicle subscription for online only is super cheap. I like when writers tell me stuff I might not already know which is delightful when it happens about something I know a lot about. They have been on other beats before, put out a ton of content. Beat writers for the Chronicle have different strengths, and I like their focus, questions, not putting up with things that are football nonsense. This year, things are pretty straightforward.

Cody Stoots started a new free newsletter website with the model that some pay to support the coverage. It is more granular than some sites, and he's been around long enough he has some Texans context. He is also early on some info. He's a good dude, so consider supporting him if you want to encourage detailed reporting because that is hard to do well and maintain over time because big media companies tend not to support it or want to pay for it: https://www.houfootball.com/ I like it so much, I am a founding member because I want to support more good content for fans. There is a newsletter, a website, a Youtube. To me, it is interesting to see how much he says I agree with or complements the thinking I have on things.

DJ Bien-Aime from ESPN is great because he came from a different beat, doesn't put up with nonsense talk. Asks good questions.

Coty Davis and John Hickman from Locked on Texans, they both put stuff out on twitter, they put in work: https://linktr.ee/LockedOnTexans

Cole Thompson is local, does national radio stuff, is on twitter. Super sharp, really has a good feel for draft/player histories/story telling. Has a strong college football background

Big Sarge Sports. He is often on things early, is everywhere.

All the 610 Guys you know, plus Brandon Scott who fills in. Asks super sharp questions. Tyler Miller is out too.

I am leaving a ton out. This is a great year for coverage. I remember a time where everybody who was covering the Texans at camp regularly could fit at a dining room table

Back