Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

bah007 Mock Draft

bah007

Hall of Fame
1.23 - Julian Love - CB, Notre Dame - Love is my #2 CB in this class and I think he's the cleanest evaluation. He's pretty much a sure thing in my book and I think he's great value here even though I expect some will complain this is too early. I believe in the player and don't want to miss him so I take him here. The board is much better here for CB than it is for OT. All my top OTs are gone. My second choice for this pick was Cody Ford but I worry he may not stick at OT. I think Love is the better player.

2.54 - Miles Sanders - RB, Penn St - This is my #2 RB but I suspect he may be #3 or #4 off the board. I think we get lucky and he's here for us. This is our future at RB. Complete package. Backup plan would be Darrell Henderson, hopefully later than here but that depends on the board.

2.55 - Max Scharping - OT, Northern Illinois - I'm not sure if he can make LT work but Scharping is a sure thing at RT to me. I think he locks down that position. I love using high picks on clean evaluations that minimize risk with talented players that I trust will work out. I think I've hit that with these top three picks. All safe, sure bets to start in the league long term.

3.86 - Justin Hollins - EDGE, Oregon - Now I can afford to take some risks. Hollins is a projection but I love what he brings to the table. He has a great base of skills and will eventually replace Mercilus after he cleans up his technique with some pro coaching. Some will think this is early for him but there will be a run on pass rushers and he has the highest ceiling of any guy that will be left at this point.

5.161 - Oli Udoh - OT, Elon - Another projection on a guy that has great foundational skills but is a little bit raw. He hasn't been tested a lot and needs some time to learn before he is ready to see the field. But I think he has a higher ceiling than Davenport. Hitting the position with an immediate starter earlier make this a luxury pick that could pay off huge in the future.

6.195 - Ugo Amadi - S, Oregon - In the old NFL this guy doesn't even get a chance because he is undersized. In today's game he is a gem that falls under the radar and then makes pro plays at one of the "tweener" positions. He can do a little bit of everything. I like him as a guy that can switch back and forth between weak side safety and nickel depending on matchups. He's also a team guy and will work on special teams.

7.220 - Ashton Dulin - WR, Malone - Dulin is a track star that is extremely raw and didn't face great competition. He can get down the field and high point the ball. He can also return kicks if we want him to while he develops a pro route tree.

Love - Great pick. I think he's the #3 CB in this draft. Reminds me of Casey Hayward. Extremely underrated because he doesn't have elite measureables, but he has phenomenal instincts and ball skills and has the best man cover skills in the draft after Greedy.

Sanders - Big fan of him. As you said, complete skill set and also relatively fresh.

Scharping - He's grown on me. I think he's got a little bit of Mitchell Schwartz in him where his upside is purely at RT but he can be a solid pass blocker there.

Hollins - I like him far more than teammate Jelks. He brings a lot to the table as an edge setter with pass rush and coverage ability.

Udoh - Shot in the dark at a guy with a lot of tools to mold.

Amadi - Like him. Guys like him who's ceiling is sub-package don't get any love in mock drafts but they are very valuable on actual football rosters.

Dulin - Can't say I know anything about him.

1.23 - Julian Love - CB, Notre Dame - Love is my #2 CB in this class and I think he's the cleanest evaluation. He's pretty much a sure thing in my book and I think he's great value here even though I expect some will complain this is too early. I believe in the player and don't want to miss him so

I love that you feel so strongly about a guy & make sure you get him.

But... the best Center is still on the board. Am I the only person who believes a talented Center will help our team tremendously?

I love that you feel so strongly about a guy & make sure you get him.

But... the best Center is still on the board. Am I the only person who believes a talented Center will help our team tremendously?

If you mean Bradbury I don't think he'll be on the board at #23.

Bradbury could go to Minnesota, Titans, or Ravens or a team like the Rams trade up to take him. He's not likely to be there for our pick.

Love - Great pick. I think he's the #3 CB in this draft. Reminds me of Casey Hayward. Extremely underrated because he doesn't have elite measureables, but he has phenomenal instincts and ball skills and has the best man cover skills in the draft after Greedy.

Sanders - Big fan of him. As you said, complete skill set and also relatively fresh.

Scharping - He's grown on me. I think he's got a little bit of Mitchell Schwartz in him where his upside is purely at RT but he can be a solid pass blocker there.

Hollins - I like him far more than teammate Jelks. He brings a lot to the table as an edge setter with pass rush and coverage ability.

Udoh - Shot in the dark at a guy with a lot of tools to mold.

Amadi - Like him. Guys like him who's ceiling is sub-package don't get any love in mock drafts but they are very valuable on actual football rosters.

Dulin - Can't say I know anything about him.

Pretty much this,

I haven't seen Amadi or Dulin.

Back