Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

BADBOY's last mock 2017

badboy

Hall of Fame
probably. I hope you take time to read comments about each player. I was wanting trade down with San Francisco that would allow us to get my #25 choice at #34. As my guy has moved up into first round, that no longer seems possible.

1. 25 CB Chidobe Awuzie: Colorado 6' 202 4.43, 34.5 vert, 65 Ts, 4 for loss, 4 sacks, 1 INT, 3 QBs, 12 PBUs & 2 FF. He starts day 1 in nickle allowing KJ to start at safety strengthening both areas. He mirrors his man in press and hip swivel allows him to follow any direction and seems to "know" route opponent is taking before snap. In high school was excellent running back & WR as well as DB. He was very good basketball as well as track star. Sticky DB who "gloves" WR and turns to track ball & this will keep him from flags in the NFL. I see him as a franchise type player who could replace Joseph in 2018. 7 sacks from slot in last two seasons.

2.57 OLB Jordan Willis : Kansas St. 6'4 255 4.53! with 39" vert, 24 x 225, 33.5 arms. His stats were as a DE: 52 Ts, 17.5 for loss, 11.5 sacks, 4 QBs, 1 fumble recovery, 3 FF, 3 PBUs with similars in 2015. High motor, excellent COD, good hands and chiseled body; good stack and shed with solid core and good base. This pick allows Clowney to remain on the line and will be his replacement in 2019 but more importantly allow team to cut JD if necessary in 2018. *Note Clowney's $14 million becomes guaranteed if injured or on roster day one of league year. Personally I hope he plays all season.

3.89 LT Antonio Garcia: Troy 6'6" 302 5.15, 31 vert, 24 x 225, 33 3/8 arms. Six starts on the blind side in 2013, he started 36 of 37 games at LT allowing 5.5 sacks but none in 2016! Should start game 1 RT unless round four beats him out. Solid core & waits for opponent in pass defense then knocks them on butts. He almost never gets beat around edge. In run, he anchors then controls defender. I see him as 10 year starter with pro bowls in his future.

4.131 LT Julie'n Davenport: Bucknell 6'7" 318 36.5 arms, hands 10.5 44 starts LT. 87.5 wingspan. Both he and Garcia not only got better each season but ramped up versus better competition. Very good as pulling tackle and on screens (hint). Many scouts are tentative due to competition but his rank eval has gotten higher last two weeks.

4.142 ILB/RB/ Punter Connor Harris: Lindenwood 5'11" 242 18x225, 33 vert high motor that never seems to slow. Stats: RB 50/328 @ 6.56 avg with 7 TDs. Punter 38.8 avg with 6 within 20.
ILB stats He was a captain for the first of three seasons in 2014 (152 tackles, 4.5 TFL, two interceptions). 2015 184 tackles, 12.5 for loss, and seven pass breakups. He capped his career by setting the tackles record and winning numerous All-American honors (138 stops, 8.5 TFL, two INT ) 2016. Gym rat with extreme power for his size & will have talent in NFL to keep Dline off him. Three down guy with coverage speed versus RBs. Can play this season but would prefer he has year to adjust.

5.169 DE Hunter Dimick Utah: 6'3" 268 54 Ts, 21 for loss, 14.5 sacks, 1 QB, 7 PBUs, 1 FF. Surprisingly no combine invitation. Pro day 38 x 225, excellent spin move to outside, excellent bull rush and NFL swim move already. Every time I watched Florida State's Demarcus Walker who I loved, I thought Dimick looks as good. Walker is ranked late third round and I don't get that either. JJ Watt will make this kid a force to be reckoned with. RAC should be drooling.

7.243 NT DJ Jones Ole Miss: 6'1" 319 crazy strong! 25 x 225. wide base. Outrageous weight room strength with monster numbers in clean, bench, and squat. Plays low and fires upward strikes to elevate the blocker's center of gravity. In 2015 I liked him better than Reader whom I mocked. I thought Wilfork would extend so did not follow Jones as closely. Some say he let up second half of 2016 others say he lost conditioning (didn't look like it to me) but IMO the 5-7 worked on his mind. That could be issue with some players..but not him.

UDFA's: RB Elijah Hood after medical clearance.
LT Storm Norton. Like Dan Skipper I just like this kid.
DT Jarron Jones. After watching Irish Chocolate fizzle I cringe at Notre Dame DLINEMEN. Jones has fallen not only out of first round but to #164 on cbssports.com due to his extensive injuries and suspicions of his lack of interest in pro ball. I have him going undrafted and would sign him and squad him if needed. I'd hire Wilfork to be his mentor and see what happened. Jones has the strength and size and if a "heart" problem could get that kick started by Texans defensive players and coaches.

LB Elijah Lee should have returned to Kansas St. as he misread his stats getting him ticket to combine as they did not.

OT/OG Avery Gennesy A&M another player that fell from early first round projection.

K/punter Kenney Allen Michigan

ILB Ben Boulware & Riley Bullough & LB Calvin Munson

DE Isaac Rochelle wasn't excited about him at the higher rankings early but as he dropped I became more interested. As UDFA definitely worth a contract.

TE Keith Towbridge injuries just kept him off field. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2071959/keith-towbridge

WR Travin Dural in 2015 I ranked him as 3rd round IIRC but he returned to school. Most info says lack of production was more on LSU QBs and offense geared to run.

Just noticed I forgot to give credit on stats to cbssports.com and nfl.com/combine/participants. hope I can hold out 7 more days without posting another mock. A QB in first round would change things a bit.

probably. I hope you take time to read comments about each player. I was wanting trade down with San Francisco that would allow us to get my #25 choice at #34. As my guy has moved up into first round, that no longer seems possible.

1. 25 CB Chidobe Awuzie: Colorado 6' 202 4.43, 34.5 vert, 65 Ts, 4 for loss, 4 sacks, 1 INT, 3 QBs, 12 PBUs & 2 FF.

What does the bolded mean?

1. 25 CB Chidobe Awuzie: Colorado
2.57 OLB Jordan Willis : Kansas St.
3.89 LT Antonio Garcia: Troy
4.131 LT Julie'n Davenport: Bucknell
4.142 ILB/RB/ Punter Connor Harris: Lindenwood
5.169 DE Hunter Dimick Utah:
7.243 NT DJ Jones Ole Miss:

QONVIyz.gif

I'd like this just to see how national media would react to such a D heavy draft haha
agree but takes care of Oline now and future needs at LT. Either tackle could replace Allen if needed and other play RT. In long run, I think Davenport owns left tackle when Brown leaves and I'm still hoping DB healthy and productive enough to play out this contract.

Gotta say bb I like all the picks and if they didn't need a QB so bad this would be a good way to plug a lot of the holes. Do I think it will go this way, no. I think they will go after a QB early. Either Trubisky or Mahomes in the 1st rd with the possibility of trading up if either are there around #20. JMO.

Reactions: JB
I love Jordan Willis. I don't know how a player with his combination of production and tested athleticism gets out of the 1st round. He is in my top 15 overall prospects. I think all the "experts" are missing on this guy. I don't think 32 teams will.

Gotta say bb I like all the picks and if they didn't need a QB so bad this would be a good way to plug a lot of the holes. Do I think it will go this way, no. I think they will go after a QB early. Either Trubisky or Mahomes in the 1st rd with the possibility of trading up if either are there around #20. JMO.
This mock is my belief no creditable QB will be avail #25.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them trade up above 20 this year

I wouldn't be surprised to see them trade up above 20 this year

They could go above 20 but I think the price would be very steep. There was a 7 round mock on cbssports.com that had the Texans trading with the Ravens at #16 and giving up the #25 pick, the 2nd rd pick, the 7th rd pick, and a 4th rd pick next year! I thought that was a bit much to move up 9 spots. But, who knows what a team will trade when their desperate!

They could go above 20 but I think the price would be very steep. There was a 7 round mock on cbssports.com that had the Texans trading with the Ravens at #16 and giving up the #25 pick, the 2nd rd pick, the 7th rd pick, and a 4th rd pick next year! I thought that was a bit much to move up 9 spots. But, who knows what a team will trade when their desperate!

That's a ridiculous price to pay to move 9 spots. More like it is 3rd and possibly 6th round picks , adding that 2nd is highway robbery for that move to #16.

That's a ridiculous price to pay to move 9 spots. More like it is 3rd and possibly 6th round picks , adding that 2nd is highway robbery for that move to #16.

more like a 3rd and 4th and a 4th next year

I would not do either of those two deals. I hope Cleveland decides to go with Watson and Trubisky to fall to us.

1. 25 CB Chidobe Awuzie: Colorado 6' 202 4.43, 34.5 vert, 65 Ts, 4 for loss, 4 sacks, 1 INT, 3 QBs, 12 PBUs & 2 FF. He starts day 1 in nickle allowing KJ to start at safety strengthening both areas. He mirrors his man in press and hip swivel allows him to follow any direction and seems to "know" route opponent is taking before snap. In high school was excellent running back & WR as well as DB. He was very good basketball as well as track star. Sticky DB who "gloves" WR and turns to track ball & this will keep him from flags in the NFL. I see him as a franchise type player who could replace Joseph in 2018. 7 sacks from slot in last two seasons.

2.57 OLB Jordan Willis : Kansas St. 6'4 255 4.53! with 39" vert, 24 x 225, 33.5 arms. His stats were as a DE: 52 Ts, 17.5 for loss, 11.5 sacks, 4 QBs, 1 fumble recovery, 3 FF, 3 PBUs with similars in 2015. High motor, excellent COD, good hands and chiseled body; good stack and shed with solid core and good base. This pick allows Clowney to remain on the line and will be his replacement in 2019 but more importantly allow team to cut JD if necessary in 2018. *Note Clowney's $14 million becomes guaranteed if injured or on roster day one of league year. Personally I hope he plays all season.

3.89 LT Antonio Garcia: Troy 6'6" 302 5.15, 31 vert, 24 x 225, 33 3/8 arms. Six starts on the blind side in 2013, he started 36 of 37 games at LT allowing 5.5 sacks but none in 2016! Should start game 1 RT unless round four beats him out. Solid core & waits for opponent in pass defense then knocks them on butts. He almost never gets beat around edge. In run, he anchors then controls defender. I see him as 10 year starter with pro bowls in his future.

4.131 LT Julie'n Davenport: Bucknell 6'7" 318 36.5 arms, hands 10.5 44 starts LT. 87.5 wingspan. Both he and Garcia not only got better each season but ramped up versus better competition. Very good as pulling tackle and on screens (hint). Many scouts are tentative due to competition but his rank eval has gotten higher last two weeks.

4.142 ILB/RB/ Punter Connor Harris: Lindenwood 5'11" 242 18x225, 33 vert high motor that never seems to slow. Stats: RB 50/328 @ 6.56 avg with 7 TDs. Punter 38.8 avg with 6 within 20.
ILB stats He was a captain for the first of three seasons in 2014 (152 tackles, 4.5 TFL, two interceptions). 2015 184 tackles, 12.5 for loss, and seven pass breakups. He capped his career by setting the tackles record and winning numerous All-American honors (138 stops, 8.5 TFL, two INT ) 2016. Gym rat with extreme power for his size & will have talent in NFL to keep Dline off him. Three down guy with coverage speed versus RBs. Can play this season but would prefer he has year to adjust.

5.169 DE Hunter Dimick Utah: 6'3" 268 54 Ts, 21 for loss, 14.5 sacks, 1 QB, 7 PBUs, 1 FF. Surprisingly no combine invitation. Pro day 38 x 225, excellent spin move to outside, excellent bull rush and NFL swim move already. Every time I watched Florida State's Demarcus Walker who I loved, I thought Dimick looks as good. Walker is ranked late third round and I don't get that either. JJ Watt will make this kid a force to be reckoned with. RAC should be drooling.

7.243 NT DJ Jones Ole Miss: 6'1" 319 crazy strong! 25 x 225. wide base. Outrageous weight room strength with monster numbers in clean, bench, and squat. Plays low and fires upward strikes to elevate the blocker's center of gravity. In 2015 I liked him better than Reader whom I mocked. I thought Wilfork would extend so did not follow Jones as closely. Some say he let up second half of 2016 others say he lost conditioning (didn't look like it to me) but IMO the 5-7 worked on his mind. That could be issue with some players..but not him.

Welcome to my 4.130 left tackle Davenport

Back