Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

BADBOY's 2019 offseason & draft

badboy

Hall of Fame
Initial thoughts with no trades of players or picks. I will include those later. Although I have offered suggested contracts for free agents (ours and incoming vets) I will not do so at this time. 2019 projected $191 million + $15 million roll over from 2018= $206 million.

Free agency incoming:

1. RT Ju'Wuan James 6'6" 312 35" arms June 3, 1992 started 8 games 2017 then hammy. 2018 PFF 70.7 started 15 games RT before patella strain missed game 10. He returned and started remainder of season. tps://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JameJa01/fantasy/2018

2. RB Le'Veon Bell 6'1" 225 Feb 18,1992 did not play on a tag with Steelers UFA
2017 started 15 321/1291 @ 4.0 with 9 TDs. Receiving: 85 of 106 targets for 655 @ 7.7 2 TDs per PFF he broke 61 tackles for third best RB 2.6 after contact which was 8th best.

3. WR Desean Jackson 5'10 Dec 1 1996 yes he is 32 but no sign of slowing down. Combined with Fuller will offer Watson deep targets opposite Nuk. $10 m savings to TB to cut. Contract with Houston to lower his cap for 2-3 seasons.

4. CB Ronald Darby 5'11" 193 4.38 Jan 2, 1994 2018: 9 games ACL 43 tackles 1 INT, 12 PBUs

Draft to follow.

badboy

Hall of Fame
1.23 OT/OG Dalton Risner 2.54 CB Trayvon Mullen 2.55 CB Julian Love 3.87 LT/LG Yodney Cajusty 5.157 OT Max Scharping 6 CB Clifton Duck 7. SS/FS Chris Johnson North Alabama

markn

All Pro
Initial thoughts with no trades of players or picks. I will include those later. Although I have offered suggested contracts for free agents (ours and incoming vets) I will not do so at this time. 2019 projected $191 million + $15 million roll over from 2018= $206 million.

Free agency incoming:

1. RT Ju'Wuan James 6'6" 312 35" arms June 3, 1992 started 8 games 2017 then hammy. 2018 PFF 70.7 started 15 games RT before patella strain missed game 10. He returned and started remainder of season. tps://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JameJa01/fantasy/2018

2017 started 15 321/1291 @ 4.0 with 9 TDs. Receiving: 85 of 106 targets for 655 @ 7.7 2 TDs per PFF he broke 61 tackles for third best RB 2.6 after contact which was 8th best.

3. WR Desean Jackson 5'10 Dec 1 1996 yes he is 32 but no sign of slowing down. Combined with Fuller will offer Watson deep targets opposite Nuk. $10 m savings to TB to cut. Contract with Houston to lower his cap for 2-3 seasons.

4. CB Ronald Darby 5'11" 193 4.38 Jan 2, 1994 2018: 9 games ACL 43 tackles 1 INT, 12 PBUs

Draft to follow.
Suggested Ju'Wuan James myself elsewhere. Seems like a realistic target

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
Would be a pretty solid offseason …. assuming they could retain their own quality FA's.

Cant believe you didn't add any trades , I know how you love to figure those …. lol.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Would be a pretty solid offseason …. assuming they could retain their own quality FA's.

Cant believe you didn't add any trades , I know how you love to figure those …. lol.
Yeah keeps the brain chugging and old timers away. May add some later.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club

Free agency incoming:

Draft to follow.
I'm not necessarily poo-pooing your FA moves, but you do realize that 2 of 4 have at least some injury concerns and one (Bell) is going to be stupid expensive. I'm cool with Bell but not at anywhere near $18 mil/year ( I believe that's what he's looking for.). I wouldn't mind Jackson at all. Imagine Nuk, WFIV, Coutee and Jackson on the field at the same time. Opposing DC would shat themselves. I also would seriously consider trading for Jordan Howard instead of breaking the bank for Bell.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I don't want Desean Jackson anywhere near this locker room.
I think the Texans have the kind of established veteran leadership that could deal with him. I don't know of all of the issues he has since I don't really follow him. Why do you not want him in the locker room?

badboy

Hall of Fame
I'm not necessarily poo-pooing your FA moves, but you do realize that 2 of 4 have at least some injury concerns and one (Bell) is going to be stupid expensive. I'm cool with Bell but not at anywhere near $18 mil/year ( I believe that's what he's looking for.). I wouldn't mind Jackson at all. Imagine Nuk, WFIV, Coutee and Jackson on the field at the same time. Opposing DC would shat themselves. I also would seriously consider trading for Jordan Howard instead of breaking the bank for Bell.
Bell will get nowhere near what "he wants" and I think he knows that. Teams he "says" he's interested in like Miami cannot afford him (a reason I think we can sign Ja'Wuan James) and Colts do not need him; Mack did well and should return healthy 2019 from the hip and rookie (2018) Nyheim Hines was decent in his role and when asked to take over when Mack went out. Bell is looking at Indy's cap and salivating but I see no reason for Indy to pony up. I see Texans getting him for about $10 m avg but a significant guarantee.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Why would Bear trade Howard? He's another Milller stat wise and is incredibly cheap this last year of his contract and to re-sign.

Wolf6151

All Pro
I'm not interested in Bell or Jackson, a couple of me first divas. No thanks. As for your draft I'm not big on Risner in the 1st, I think he'll be fine as a RT or OG but not a LT and there's better LT's to be found. I really like double dipping at CB in the 2nd round, need and future need, well done. I don't think Cajuste will be available in the 3rd round.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
What I'm sseing is there are four 1st rd worthy LT's.

Little
Williams
Dillard
Cajuste

Reactions: JB

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Why would Bear trade Howard? He's another Milller stat wise and is incredibly cheap this last year of his contract and to re-sign.
I think the Bears would trade him because he doesn't particularly fit Nagy's system and he wasn't used as much in 2018. Why not get a draft pick? Besides, Howard would be an upgrade from Blue.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
I think the Texans need to make 2 moves in the FA market only b/c Gaine, OB and Devlin seem motivated to give Davenport another chance to hold the LT position. Sign a veteran LT as insurance and be prepared to address LT in 2020 if need be. CB would be my other FA signee. I'd like to see KJax signed and kept at FS.....so a veteran CB would be a perfect fit. Heck if the stars align, maybe Colvin shows up ready to play for that payday. Personally, I think he got drunk with money.

Next, I would tag and trade Clowney. Texans defense wont miss a beat with him playing elsewhere. Texans need to push Mercilus to become the 2017 Mercilus once again. What the Texans need on defense, as much as quality CB's, a DE/OLB who can contain and shut down the run. The team was susceptible to anything around the tackles b/c Watt and Clowney typically go inside with their moves. I would expect the Texans to get a late RD1 and RD3 or a early RD2 and RD3.

If the opportunity to trade back on Draft Day presented itself.....I'd be all over the moves provided the team's targets were still on the board. If they traded back, probably good for a late RD1 and a RD4.

3 extra picks in this draft (7+3) could help this team tremendously.

I'd hope to get Risner (OC, RG, RT, Kansas State) and McCoy (OC/OG, Texas A&M) within the first 2 rounds. I see both as plug and play Day 1 starters should the competition be wide open.

I'd also hoe to get, Mullen (CB, Clemson) and Johnson (CB, Houston).

I think the Texans could also get Montgomery (RB, Iowa State) if they have the additional early picks. Montgomery and Jacobs are the two RB's coming into the draft that appear to be ready for the NFL. They do every aspect of the job at a high level and could very well be 3 down backs from Day 1 b/c of their more than capable blocking.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Yup, sure can.

Which is exactly what brought him to Philly, before he was shown the door..

And Washington, before being shown the door again..

And Tampa, before, well ya..
I get it that he can be a malcontent. Most of what I'm hearing about his stay in Tampa is that he's pissed that Winston is starting instead of Fitz and his stats went down.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
What order do you put them in, and what about Juwaan Taylor, where does he fit on the list?
Williams
Dillard
Little
Cajuste, due to injury history.

I dont like Taylor in the 1st. I would consider him in the late 2nd. I've watched some film on him and despite being a big guy that can move, he looks very avg to me. Kind of like Havenstein for the Rams. A good player, but not a 1st rd type guy.

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
The Senior Bowl (including the week of practice leading up to the game) was Andre Dillards coming out party as that exposer has caused his ratings to explode
atleast by the folks producing the mock drafts. How much do these people know ? Some are probably highly regarded and others not so much.
But the direction of Dillard would clearly seam to be up as I saw one mock in recent days where he was going #3 overall and being drafted in the top 10 is appearing
more and more in current drafts.