Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Bad sports writing

chefmark

Practice Squad
I was reading the paper today and all they could say was that they could not belive that Houston beat Tenn. (out of state paper on net), also late night last night on sports the just showed a blurb about the game. This makes me mad as a die hard fan, we have over came so much to have our own team again and in their 3rd year we are doing great, but you never hear about it people just don't want to give our team their props. and that sux. The Texans have beat three really good teams and over came a 21 pt shut out to take minn. to Ot. now thats a good team. Not to mention that we had the rooky of the year last year, we have the top passer and reciver this year. People need to open their eyes and whatch out because we are play-off bound this year or next. much love to the Texans :headbang:

You know, now that you mention this, on fox last night they were going through the Sundays game and showing replays. When it came to the Texans/Titans game, they just showed the score (no clip) and went on to the all important Bills/Dolphins game with a clip.
Unfortunatley, we have to knock off a couple more big name teams to start getting recognition. I think going into the Colts house and taking that one will get us somewhat there.

Until we get more wins (which are coming) on a consistant basis, we dont deserve respect. What we are doing is unfortunately beingovershadowed by the likes of Jacksonville and the Giants, to name a few. If we would have won our first 2 games, we would be 5-1 and the talk of the NFL.

If we can beat GB on national tv, it will go a long way in getting the respect that we are starting to deserve.

I wouldn't concern myself. The Texans are getting plenty of attention; I was mildly surprised at how complimentary the TV announcers were yesterday regarding them. Somebody said that Sean Salisbury was a big Carr fan. Most everybody thinks Johnson is already a top receiver.

Win, get in the playoffs and the Texans will be big news everywhere. Much as the Astros are. And I believe the Texans will be a playoff team probably next year.

Salisbury and Tom Jackson did hook us up with some props monday morning. Tom Jackson even said that we are his suprise team that should no longer be considered expansion.

Here's a little respect: 'Texans Arrive'

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3091412

AlexVanderpool said:
Until we get more wins (which are coming) on a consistant basis, we dont deserve respect. What we are doing is unfortunately beingovershadowed by the likes of Jacksonville and the Giants, to name a few. If we would have won our first 2 games, we would be 5-1 and the talk of the NFL.

If we can beat GB on national tv, it will go a long way in getting the respect that we are starting to deserve.

We don't deserve respect? 3-3 after beating KC & Titans? Come on! Sure Tennesse is in last place today, but who outside of Texas picked an upset? Ratings wise we have one of best QB's & Receivers, our offense is upper level and defense shut down McNair and his offense. I ain't saying we are bowl bound, but I think we could use a little national air time. idonno:

I think it is good we don't get alot of attention right now. Our team seems to be really focused right now and I wouldn't want that focus to be hindered right now.

This team's gonna face obscurity for a few more years. You can see it in the little things. ESPN Radio's morning updates yesterday gave every score in the NFL EXCEPT the Texans/Thumbtacks game. On NFL Sunday Ticket--you know, where you PAY BIG MONEY to get complete coverage??--the box scores and score summaries on the "Sunday Snap" channel also included every game but one.

I used to think that East Coast media bias was something only Laker fans whined about, but it's real. I live in it. Another example: there wasn't a SOUL on three different sports radio stations (including ESPN and FOX radio affiliates) talking about the Astros game this morning.

Fortunately, I don't give a rat's backside about "respect," "media attention," etc., other than to be happy about positive stories and sad at negative ones. When it's there, I'll pay attention to it. When it's not, well, that's why I come to this board!

By the way, the KC and Oakland wins aren't going to win us any more of that mythical "respect" soon...we gotta knock off a frontrunner to make that happen. The Titans are pitiful, but a rivalry road win is always huge.

But i remember when we beat Carolina last yer every sports channel and broadcaster seemed to act like it never happened !didnt earn us anything but a stat in the book ! But who CARES about what the media says ??? they all had the Titans picked to beat us ,,,,what they say means very little to me !

Wanna know how to get respect?

beat the jags on halloween.. that will get us "some respect".. then the week after that.. beat the Broncos.. that will put us in the top ten in the ESPN Power Rankings.. and put us firmly in the running for the wild card.

then if we STAY THERE... till week 12 or so.. when all the talking heads start really talking wild card.. we will get lots of respect.

Back