Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Bad News....

texan279

Hall of Fame
Just read on abc13.com Marcus Coleman was arrested for DWI at 2:15am this morning after slamming his Mercedes into a tree. :um:

WOW! If true this is big, the leauge may hand down a suspension wich would give someone a saftey spot to try and win.

Let's hope they don't suspend him. With Robinson comming in at DB and Marcus moving to safety, this could be one hell of a year to be a Texan fan. Marcus is going to turn into one of the leagues prime safetys. He has the size, speed, and mindset to get the job done. All we have to do is sit back and wait.

Well I have GREAT news - I just saved a ton of money on my car insurance by switching to GEICO.

Man this is rough news. I just hope Marcus can pay his debt (meaning time or anything) for what ever charges he gets. This way he can put it behind him and get on the field to prove himself to his teammates.

BigTex said:
WOW! If true this is big, the leauge may hand down a suspension wich would give someone a saftey spot to try and win.

SBT should be correct about the first offense. That typically puts them into the being watched program. 2nd offense is 4 game suspension.

On a positive note, one of the 610 am guys said this morning that he had talked to one of the guys that scouted Coleman coming out of college. The scout said Coleman was a huge hitter back then--hopefully he can regain that style.

Wow! I think he should be suspended for at least a YR! I`m sorry but that is a serious charge. What if that tree was a person this morning? In America we take it to easy on drunk drivers :-( Look at Little for the Rams he KILLED a woman who was a Mom and a Wife! He still playing football! ;-( Should be in jail for life!
http://www.cracksmoker.com/NFL/NFL LittleL.htm

I hope the team shows some kind of discplinary action as well. We need our young guys who haven't been in the league long enough to learn and see how your actions off the field effect your teammates.

CaptainPatriot said:
Wow! I think he should be suspended for at least a YR! I`m sorry but that is a serious charge. What if that tree was a person this morning? In America we take it to easy on drunk drivers :-( Look at Little for the Rams he KILLED a woman who was a Mom and a Wife! He still playing football! ;-( Should be in jail for life!

wasnt Ty Law arrested a few weeks ago?

Last year Coleman was suspended for a game for something, although I can't remember what. Peek was also suspended for that same game. I'm sure he will face some kind of team disciplinary action is he's convicted based on the Texans past history.

Texans' Coleman jailed on DWI charge after wreck
By S.K. BARWELL
Copyright 2004 Houston Chronicle

Houston Texan defensive back Marcus Coleman was arrested for drunken driving after wrecking his car in southwest Houston early today.

Coleman was driving his 2005 Mercedes on Kirby when Houston police said the car veered off the road around 2:15 a.m. and struck a tree near Richmond.

Police said it was unclear where Coleman had been prior to the accident.

Coleman, who came to the Texans in the expansion draft two years ago, was not injured in the wreck. Police said his car suffered enough damage to cause its air bags to deploy.

Coleman was taken to police facilities for testing and is now in the process of posting bail for his release, officers said.

come on coleman...this isn't you at all

JackDizzle said:
Well I have GREAT news - I just saved a ton of money on my car insurance by switching to GEICO.

Too funny.

Seriously, I agree with some of you, the Texans should lay some punishment on him, maybe a game or two. Don't want players thinking they can get away with this type of behavior. :banana: :pepper: :carrot:

Last year he was passed out in his car on 59 in Sugarland......The officer did not give him a DWI, but rather driving without a license.

Oh by the way.....he was drinking at Taco Milagro last night....Sharper was there too.....And Patrick Ewing.....

I would not be shocked if the Texans cut Coleman.

We know Coleman has not been suspended for 4 games, but we have no idea if the random drug test have busted him in the past.

This is the Texans first run in with a player like this and they have avoided players like this in the past like the plague. Hopefully we stick to our guns and dont let this go by without much being said.

FYI - Coleman's one game suspension came the same week he found on 59 passed out.....it was pushed under the radar.....I think this is a serious problem for him

geka said:
I would not be shocked if the Texans cut Coleman.

Man that would suck, (not that I'm promoting his type of behavior). It looks like our secondary is starting to take shape and Coleman goes and does something stupid. I know he is the one to blame, but we are the ones who might suffer if you know what I mean.

Do you think with this happening, will the Texans have renewed interest in Darius from Jacksonville if he is released on June 1?

Dreadpiratebonzz said:
Let's hope they don't suspend him. With Robinson comming in at DB and Marcus moving to safety, this could be one hell of a year to be a Texan fan. Marcus is going to turn into one of the leagues prime safetys. He has the size, speed, and mindset to get the job done. All we have to do is sit back and wait.

Spoken like a true aggie

CaptainPatriot said:
yes he was for at least the 2nd time. Arrested before for trying to bring Extasy Drug across from Canada

so do you think he should be suspended from the NFL for a year or possibly banned? afterall, drug trafficing is a much more serious crime.

For running from the law and resisting arrest I would not be shocked if the NFL suspended him for awhile they take run ins with the law seriously. As soon as he pleads guilty or is convicted it will come down.

CaptainPatriot said:
yes he was for at least the 2nd time. Arrested before for trying to bring Extasy Drug across from Canada

Sounds like a standup kind of guy...he should be emmulated throughout the league...and you have the nerve to open your mouth about one of our Texans??? give me a break.

I wonder if the position change is having a negative affect on Coleman. I mean, we heard Capers tell us what Coleman "said", we heard what Aaron Glenn had to say about it, heck we even heard what Dunta Robinson had to say but we never received a word from Coleman.

Not that it is an excuse but doesn't it kind of make you wonder?

After a night out with the fellows he is driving home when all of a sudden there is this big chunk of concrete missing from the road. He hit this crater which put a 4 inch dent in his passenger rim and sent him careening off onto a tree. As he had been out with the fellows he probably had a few drinks which caused the Cop to pee his pants. " Hey fellows I got Marcus Coleman and he has been drinking and had a wreck. Man this might help my cowpies."

That was a joke but really the city has a problem with failed roadways compliments of Former Mayor Lee Browns ability to chanel funds for street repairs straight into his Africa/China trips. Had he not hit the chunk of missing concrete he would have made it home fine. Wrong place at the wrong time. :party:

I dont think he should have the same punishment as Little. Little killed a person and got 1/2 a year suspension. Marcus just hit a tree. Lets just hope they give him a break, and he learns from this mistake.

Just heard on the radio a press confrence within an hour by the Texans. Think he is gone?

I just don't see the Texans cutting Coleman.
A $500,000 fine would send a message to him. He needs help and the Texans need him in the backfield.

:pickle:

Mr. McNair runs a tight ship.

He will be made an example of.

Hey Greg, theres a Jaguar trying to eat your avatar

first of all the league really has no buisness getting involved in an off the field incident...they don't have any judical powers...this didn't happen on the field or during a game so they should stay out of it...if the texans as an oraganization do something that's different...personally i don't think he deserves to be cut...a fine of $500,000 is crazy to me...half a million for a something that isn't a felony...this ticket carries the same weight as a speeding ticket guys...how many of ya'll have gotten a speeding ticket...how many of ya'll have driven home after throwing back a couple just without something happening...bottom line i'm sure the texans will either suspend him for the opening game...or fine him around $50,000...anything more and i would be shocked...i do not agree with driving drunk...but i also realize that he hit a tree, spent the night in jail, will have to do community service for this, and has to face the embarrisment of nation hearing about it...not to mention get his car fixed...if anything else this whole event is punishment enough for him

I use the amount of $500,000 to set an example for Coleman as well as the other players that this type of behavior is not acceptable. It may be off the field but he is a high-profile person representing the Texans.

$500,000 is steep enough to hurt him and persuade others not to act like this :monkey:

A $500,000 fine to a professional athlete is like a $100 fine to you and me; it sucks, but we can deal with it.

CaptainPatriot said:

Pardon me, but why should someone be punished for being CHARGED with a crime?

in the laws eyes this ticket is no different than a speeding ticket...and there should be tougher penelties because he's an athlete? give me a break guys that's wrong...to say just because you make money playing a game the rules should be different for you...that's bs...that's the samething as saying the rules should be different because of your race, creed, or nationality...i'll let mcnair decide the the amount of the fine...but honestly people just because he makes more money playing a game doesn't mean he should get any special privilages or punishments

Coleman is a player in the NFL. The NFL unlike MLB cares about its public immage. If you screw up, the NFL and the player's team can punish you. If he wants to be a drunkard, smoke pot, sniff crack and use roids or break the law he picked the wrong sport. Just because its ok to do that stuff in MLB dont mean its ok in the NFL and thats one of the reasons many people love the NFL.

everyone was also like this about ramon walker when he got into a little skuffle in a bar this time last year...people wanted him to be cut...well he wasn't and in a few weeks everyone forgot that he had been arrested...i expect the same to be done here...this is coleman's first real offense since the supposed passing out on 59 was never made public if it indeed happened...i just think it's funny that people in this country follow actors and athletes mis-behaviors so closely and make such a big deal out of something that happens everyday with normal people...then demand such harsh punishments for them but when it happens to your neighbor it's well just do your community service or take defensive driving and everything will be ok

El Tejano said:
I wonder if the position change is having a negative affect on Coleman. I mean, we heard Capers tell us what Coleman "said", we heard what Aaron Glenn had to say about it, heck we even heard what Dunta Robinson had to say but we never received a word from Coleman.

Not that it is an excuse but doesn't it kind of make you wonder?

Last night, I think it was Southwest Sports Report, someone asked Coleman that question. He said he was fine with the move, if that's what was best for the team. Seemed like a good answer, that's why I was a little suprised to hear the news this morning.

keyfro said:
in the laws eyes this ticket is no different than a speeding ticket...and there should be tougher penelties because he's an athlete? give me a break guys that's wrong...to say just because you make money playing a game the rules should be different for you...that's bs...that's the samething as saying the rules should be different because of your race, creed, or nationality...i'll let mcnair decide the the amount of the fine...but honestly people just because he makes more money playing a game doesn't mean he should get any special privilages or punishments

I beg to differ with you on the comparison with a speeding ticket. It is very different than a speeding ticket. For starters a DWI conviction does not magically drop off of your record like a speeding ticket does after a set number of years (I believe it's 7 but I could be wrong about that). His drivers license (assuming he is convicted) will be suspended for some length of time. First offense it shouldn't be more than a year.

The state has completely lost it's sense of humor over DWI/DUI. I personally am a pretty "law and order" type of person but I think that much in the way the schools have gone overboard with their zero tolerance approach the law has gone overboard on first offenses for DWI/DUI. The prosecute it very zealously and have turned it into what (IMO) a second offense should be. Basically I feel like a first offense (regardless of how much money you make or what you do for a living) should be a lot closer to a speeding ticket (unless an injury accident is involved in which case it should escalate) and subsequent offenses should be big time hammer droppings that either set you straight or put an end to your driving days.

a drunkard?...besides this offense how many other times has coleman been in trouble with law concerning similar cases like this...huh?...where is your proof that he is a drunkard or does any other drugs? don't assume that just because something bad happened last night that he does it all the time...you don't know him personally

i know the officer that found coleman that night on 59S.....but that does not matter....he should be punished by the team in someway or form b/c he has broken the law. And I don't care what you say DWI is more than a speeding ticket.....

ok Hervoyel you got me there...and i concur with that the dwi is more serious than a speeding ticket...the main point i was trying to get accross with comparing it to a speeding ticket is that it is not a felony...unless someone is hurt in the incident which in this case no one was...thankfully...your right that the state has gone overboard with first time offenders...and i'm not trying to stand up here and protect coleman from anything...he'll get his punishment from both the team and the state...i'm not trying to make excuses for him either...he should have gotten a ride home...my thing is people wanting to make an example out of him...i don't agree with that one bit...i don't agree with people wanting him to be cut for this or thinking that the NFL should do anything about his...just like i don't believe the law should get involved in a fight that breaks out during a game...this is not an easy situation and this is just my opinion...anyone can debate this with me...i'll make my points as will everyone else

You misunderstood me I guess, some people think breaking the law is bad, but public figures should not be held to higher standards like baseball.

Baseball is on a huge downward turn and sucks, thankfully the NFL holds its players to higher standards

hopefully this whole experience will be one of life's little leasons for coleman and one that he'll hopefully learn...i hope the rest of the team sees the pain that can be caused with something like this and learns from it as well...i'm sure the texans and coleman can move on from this and maybe just maybe bring the organization closer together...here's a hint to the texans this should be a reason to start getting involved in some sort of Texan's against drunk driving program...having the texans collectively with the city of houston set up some sort of program with metro where it is easier to find a bus or a cab around the bars in houston...anything to make our city safer

Back