Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Babin & Peek

kbourda said:
So what in the statistics bear that Babin and Wong are doing any better in containment?

You can't see containment in the stats. All you see is tackles and not where they are made. For example look back at the 2002 season. Foreman had more tackles than Sharper, but that didn't reflect that Sharper was the better ILB because he was attacking the line of scrimmage and making his tackles closer while Foreman was making his 3-5 yds down field. Peek definitely is still working on containment.

kbourda said:
May I ask what in the heck a "gimme sack" is?...
Another example is the play where Walker got a half a sack. It was the last play of the first half and Green had to wait and wait for the receivers to run into the endzone. The Texans only had three on the D-line and then only rushed the outside rushers (Wong and Babin). Eventually, Green was flushed out by the two rushers and as he came up to the line of scrimmage, Walker,who had merely waited there, jumped out around the single blocker and feed him back to Wong. An easy stat for Wong and Walker.

It reminds me of the QB who throws up a Hail Mary and there is an INT. All interceptions aren't the same and all sacks aren't the same.

maybe we should try running a 3-5 :)

EDIT: bah.. someone already made that joke. Honestly though.. considering how our defense has been playing.. if it doesnt start to improve.. maybe we SHOULD try some off the wall stuff. Or at the very least should change up the personel and see how Peek does out there. I know its a lot more interesting to watch when it looks like we are at least throwing different stuff out there and trying to find something that works.

I agree with Peek being in there, he has made quite a difference.

But for god's sake, do not overwork Sharper... he's a good solid player, gets the job done, he's in around almost every tackle (led NFL last year w/164 season tackles). I feel like he is overlooked too often. The last thing we need right now are weak linebackers, since the DL is hurting once again already.

BTW, this is hubby posting. :cool:

i actuallylike what peek can do comin off the sideline but i spose it would be interesting to see what a fulltime spot in the LB corps for him would bring but i still think startin babin is the way to go.

Its easy, you start Babin, you can bring in Peek for some obvious passing downs, he gets around 15-20 plays in the game, if he does well with it he can get more time or around that each game.

Back