Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

B-Mill?

pittbull

Rookie
With the offense now looking to be poised to click on all cylinders this season, what may the outlook be for Billy Miller. As he has shown through his first two seasons with the Texans, B-Mill is nothing but a class act! And his production? Through a injury plagued season in 2003, he still mangaged a quiet 40 receptions, after posting a respectable 51 the prior season. How do you think the Texans will use him in their offense? Obviously DC loves to run the football and control the clock, but he also has rocket arm quarterback who was selected to cannon the football downfield, not control the clock, an explosive downfield receiver in Johnson, an excellent possession receiver in Gaffney, and DD who can come out of the backfield at anytime. Not to mention a budding Joppru and the games best blocking TE in Mark Brunner. Will Miller quietly be phased out of the offense. I hope not. This guy is a team leader who should be in the locker room, just for the latter fact! We need a campaign for B-Mill! :soapbox:

I think Miller will be slowly phased out of the 1st and 2nd down offense. I do think he is still an integral part of the offense in sure passing situations (3rd or 4th and long or two-minute drill time).

B-Mill was a significant part of the offense but now that we actually have an offense his production won't be as much but as mentioned before we'll see him more on 3rd downs and in the red zone.

I see Bruener as a run blocker in power formations and Joppru as a flex that can catch and block. Miller will be 3rd and 4th down, 2 minute drill, red zone, which is a great fit because he seems to be a clutch receiver with a good feel for carr's abilities and habits.

I believe Miller this will be the year Miller has to show what he can do as a blocker. All I know is whatever happens to him, he will always be remembered in my heart and household as the guy that caught the first ever Texans TD (preseason and regular season).

I personally think Billy Miller is a nice guy, good teammate .. but not that talented as a player.. I too think he will be phased out as we move on.

joppru.jpg

I pretty much agree with Sas. I'm looking forward to the Joppru era to begin at TE here.

My favorite subject!! :love:

I believe Billy has as much chance to remain with the team as the next guy, if he does his job the way Capers wants him too! I bet all you BJ fans are in for a big let down! After all, he's technically still a "rookie" and has a lot to prove. The only thing Billy has to prove is that he is a better blocker than most of you naysayers think he is. I bet not a soul on this earth knows that better than Billy Miller!

If both DC and Billy stay healthy, I think we will see one of the best QB/TE combos in the NFL. He and DC just "click!" A very important factor! JMO! :)

Didnt any of yall besides shetexan watch any of the games ? For instance when the Texans beat the panthers ??? Billy might not be the BEST blocker in the Nfl but he does get the job done and he's a H*LL of a catcher i pretty doubtful that miller will lose his position or even split playing time !

Millers the man. I think he will do better w/ bruener on the roster, I don't know anyone better to learn blocking from than him at the TE position. I see them running double TE formation, and also putting Miller in the wr / slot position to make mismatches . Simply this is Millers yr.

SheTexan said:
If both DC and Billy stay healthy, I think we will see one of the best QB/TE combos in the NFL. He and DC just "click!" A very important factor! JMO! :)

this is the first thing i was going to say when i started reading everyone's posts. DC looks for miller alot and can depend on him the make the catch when needed, maybe he wasnt all that good of a blocker but thats why you have training camps and you practice alot. plus with AJ getting doubled and bradford going deep, miller should be open with room to run after the catch, especially when DD providing a good play-action fake.

I like Billy, but I see him phased out of the 1st and 2nd down also. With the upgrade of talent around Carr , Billy's numbers will probably drop some more. I hope he improves on blocking because that is what we need.
:twocents:

Back