Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Anyone going to a bar Thursday night?

I'm going to Mass Thursday night. I'll add a prayer for the Texans & catch up later.
seriously? I’m not being flippant here I’ve just never taken you that way. It’s a good thing. Years ago while I was working in Houston I went to school at night at the University of St. Thomas in Houston and became a CPA on the side. Best thing I ever did, not for the liscense but for the introduction into philosophy through St Thomas’s convergence of faith and Aristotle’s new re-found writings.

I'm heading over to On the Rocks on Jones Road.
Where's your spot?
Delete…never mind. My geography is messed up. Years! Ago I went to high school in what was called Spring Branch. I was thinking Jones Road went through there. We used to get on top of Addicks Dam on our bicycles and ride to the spillway and slide down it and swim up the creek under I-10. We would later bike across the levee and swim in the rice well ponds…beautiful crystal clear water. I guess those days are over.

Reactions: JB
seriously? I’m not being flippant here I’ve just never taken you that way. It’s a good thing. Years ago while I was working in Houston I went to school at night at the University of St. Thomas in Houston and became a CPA on the side. Best thing I ever did, not for the liscense but for the introduction into philosophy through St Thomas’s convergence of faith and Aristotle’s new re-found writings.
You went to night school, while studying for the CPA exam and all the while holding down full-time employment ?

You went to night school, while studying for the CPA exam and all the while holding down full-time employment ?
Yep, it was a side affair. UST had a lot of us taking grad courses at night. I fondly remember holding my two year old son in a make-shift office under my stairs while studying for the exam. Wasn’t hanging out at the craft brewery while getting school debt erased.

Last edited:
Reactions: JB
Back