Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Demeco Ryans’ Staff

lol…ok bro….Dorsett, Howard are technically 1st rounders, but its been known for a while they’re JAGs. Your argument could’ve hit home a little better if you had said 2019 tho when they had 5 and were at best just decent.

Tunsil
Howard
Watson
Nuk
Fuller
Whatever you look at.
Thanks for disproving your own point.

Just because Demeco had 3 first rounders or whatever did not guarantee that the Niners was definitely going to have the best defense in the league last year.

You've seen that with O'Brien.

Yeah, the disguise it, but they play alot of Cover 2. They press bail into the cover 2 alot and they have that Joker mufunga who will be anywhere. You see Fred Warner running deep middle vs Cowboys? Texans just don't have the horses. People think Stingley is all of a sudden going to turn into a prime Nnamdi. None of the 49ers corners are highly drafted man v man guys.
That will be the case for more than one reason.

In my opinion, we are really short on speed in our front seven, particularly at the linebacker position. FA and draft should hopefully help with that.
The linebackers standing behind the DL with an electric cattle prod would probably produce quicker results! 🥴

Whatever you look at.
Thanks for disproving your own point.

Just because Demeco had 3 first rounders or whatever did not guarantee that the Niners was definitely going to have the best defense in the league last year.

You've seen that with O'Brien.

unlike you im not caught up in being right. And the point you took away wasn’t my point at all. Thanks for playing tho.

That's my cousin. Maybe of interest that he is part of the reason y'all have to face Doug Pederson twice vs Jacksonville. Pederson wanted Cory as his defensive coordinator in Philly. Cory's first opportunity as D coordinator was the year before that in Detroit and they had one of the worst defenses in the league. They canned Pederson in large part because of who he wanted as coordinators. Cory is one of the best secondary coaches in the league - 2 super bowl rings. Not sure why the defense sucked in Detroit but Matt Patricia isn't the best head coach to be under. I'd obviously like to see him get another shot at d coordinator again but he's got a great track record as a secondary coach.

unlike you im not caught up in being right. And the point you took away wasn’t my point at all. Thanks for playing tho.
You were trying to say that Demeco Ryans did well (having success) with the Niners because of the first rounders on the D.

Well, OB, Culley, and Lovie all had more first round draft picks on the offense, but it still sucks ball or was rather mediocre even with Watson.
You admitted this.
Which means that many first rounders do not guarantee success.

You're contradicting yourself.
That renders your point invalid.

You were trying to say that Demeco Ryans did well (having success) with the Niners because of the first rounders on the D.

Well, OB, Culley, and Lovie all had more first round draft picks on the offense, but it still sucks ball or was rather mediocre even with Watson.
You admitted this.

giphy.gif

If you read this in Data’s voice it all makes sense.

I will be shocked if not Bobby Slowik.. Demeco knows him and we MUST get a good QB trainer either at OC or QB coach.

You admitted this.

sure i did…

Do y’all think any of these guys may be a guy that Caserio has put forth as someone of interest? Like that guy from Cincinnati? The people that DeMeco has worked with in the past make sense but the guy from Cincinnati is someone that makes me scratch my head wondering the connection with DeMeco.

I was actually thinking of this idea earlier. He seems to have good leadership qualities and is up and coming.

This would be a great hire. Brown has experience as OC at University of Miami and is a highly regarded RB coach recently moved to TE/Asst head coach with Mcvay. Mcvay has given him glowing reviews and he seems like he has the same energy and leadership qualities DeMeco brings to the table. Would love to see him get a shot as OC here and see a team ready to run through walls!!!

Interesting article I found when searching for info on DC candidate Marquand Manuel… Aside from his DC interview with the Panthers going well he apparently got into some trouble for asking inappropriate questions at the NFL combine when Eli Apple was entering the draft:

"The Falcons coach, one of the coaches, was like, 'So do you like men?'" Apple told Comcast SportsNet. "It was like the first thing he asked me. It was weird. I was just like, 'No.' He was like, 'If you're going to come to Atlanta, sometimes that's how it is around here. You're going to have to get used to it.'

"I guess he was joking, but they just ask most of these questions to see how you're going to react."

Falcons coach Dan Quinn, who immediately said the Falcons were disappointed in the unacceptable questioning, said the organization took measures Monday to make sure it wouldn't happen again.

That's my cousin. Maybe of interest that he is part of the reason y'all have to face Doug Pederson twice vs Jacksonville. Pederson wanted Cory as his defensive coordinator in Philly. Cory's first opportunity as D coordinator was the year before that in Detroit and they had one of the worst defenses in the league. They canned Pederson in large part because of who he wanted as coordinators. Cory is one of the best secondary coaches in the league - 2 super bowl rings. Not sure why the defense sucked in Detroit but Matt Patricia isn't the best head coach to be under. I'd obviously like to see him get another shot at d coordinator again but he's got a great track record as a secondary coach.
This is what you want in a Coordinator under a coach that favours that side of the ball, use the title to pick up one of the best position coaches in the league on that side of the ball, everybody knows Ryans is the DC here, bring in a great secondary coach as DC, it also seems Ryans, aside from the fact he’s going to be the real DC, is also front 7 focussed, this kind of hire makes so much sense.

I also love the idea of bringing in Munchak, here’s a man who isnt ever going to be hired away to a promotion, he’s a great OL coach, possibly the best in the league, he can turn water into wine where players are concerned, but he’s never going to hit the hiring cycle again for HC and seems to have little interest or traction as an OC either.

This is what you want in a Coordinator under a coach that favours that side of the ball, use the title to pick up one of the best position coaches in the league on that side of the ball, everybody knows Ryans is the DC here, bring in a great secondary coach as DC, it also seems Ryans, aside from the fact he’s going to be the real DC, is also front 7 focussed, this kind of hire makes so much sense.

I also love the idea of bringing in Munchak, here’s a man who isnt ever going to be hired away to a promotion, he’s a great OL coach, possibly the best in the league, he can turn water into wine where players are concerned, but he’s never going to hit the hiring cycle again for HC and seems to have little interest or traction as an OC either.
It would certainly help a newer d coordinator to have their head coach be DeMeco. Cory's been around the league long enough to develop relationships and coaches like him. Patricia and Pederson wanted him for a reason. He'll get an opportunity to prove himself again sometime soon. I think the situation under a proven D coordinator like DeMeco would be perfect for him. But that's true for any talented new d coordinator. I'm just biased

It would certainly help a newer d coordinator to have their head coach be DeMeco. Cory's been around the league long enough to develop relationships and coaches like him. Patricia and Pederson wanted him for a reason. He'll get an opportunity to prove himself again sometime soon. I think the situation under a proven D coordinator like DeMeco would be perfect for him. But that's true for any talented new d coordinator. I'm just biased

I have no doubt DeMeco will pick the right guy for DC, and he already knows who that is anyway I would imagine. I'm more interested in who he picks for OC.

Do y’all think any of these guys may be a guy that Caserio has put forth as someone of interest?
Would that be a problem?

Guys got good experience coaching & seems to be successful. This process seems a little long & drawn out to me. But as long as they are actually going through an interview process... I've got no complaints

Kubiak hired his buds, how'd that work out?

Remember Mike Devlin?

How many teams with OC openings do you expect are waiting for the Eagles to finish their season to see if Brian Johnson QB coach will be available?

He would immediately jump to the top of the list of OCs if available. But if Steichen gets one of the final HC jobs then Johnson will be elevated to OC in Philly.

Played QB at Utah where he had most wins in history for QBs.

Experience as an OC in college. Was an OC for his alma mater Utah at 25 (!!!) years old. He fooled the Bucs into taking Kyle Trask in round 2 after being his OC/QB coach at Florida and has helped Jalen Hurts transform into a bonafide MVP candidate.

He may be the next Sean Mcvay.

Coordinator Article

Here’s a consolidated article talking about the coordinators search to give an idea on who we might be looking at. It says that Shanahan is going to try to keep his staff intact after Ryans departure, so managing expectations is a must.
Doesn’t matter what baby Shanny wants. A promotion will make the coaches jump ship no matter how hard their current team tries to make them stay.

If they go with this Nick Caley, its going to be a similar relationship that Caserio had with Patriots Mcdaniels(or other OC). Casario on the headset, telling him what to do. Only thing to be optimistic here is that they were successful doing this even when they didnt have Brady. If yall recall how well they did with Matt Cassel, Hoyer, Garoppolo, Mallet. It was enough for dumb franchises to sign some of these bad QBs. Caserio leaving coincided with Brady leaving so who knows how well they have adjusted post-Brady otherwise.

All that said…I am so sick of this Patriots crap. Refresh the “Bulls on Parade” identity. We dont need no more Patriots has-beens and never-was and definitely none of the never-will-bes.

John Carrol alum… Been with Patriots since 2015 and TE coach since 2017. Nick Caserio pick. I think (hope) this interview was a favor to a fellow John Carroll/Patriots alum.
Why waste time interviewing a guy who was bypassed in the organization by the dc and special teams coach? Nick needs to get somewhere.

Why waste time interviewing a guy who was bypassed in the organization by the dc and special teams coach? Nick needs to get somewhere.
Same reason you work out players before the draft and in FA... you know you are not going to pick them now, but all knowledge is good and you may be interested later

Same reason you work out players before the draft and in FA... you know you are not going to pick them now, but all knowledge is good and you may be interested later
Nah fam, different situations. You think it's just gathering info on someone that coached undef you at an organization that decided a DC and special teams coach would make a better oc? C'mon fam. The only reason we even know his name is because he's at new England where Caserio came from. Ryan's has 0 connections to him

Nah fam, different situations. You think it's just gathering info on someone that coached undef you at an organization that decided a DC and special teams coach would make a better oc? C'mon fam. The only reason we even know his name is because he's at new England where Caserio came from. Ryan's has 0 connections to him
What connections does Ryans have with Walters of Cincinatti?

Our safeties coach, Joe Danna is leaving for the same job with the Bills. I’m not sure how long he’s been here but our safeties have been doing well for a number of years(I think. I’m no expert). Doesn’t matter, we are going to be starting fresh.

Back