Is it just me or are the 9ers getting worse every day
I have yet to see them make a good offseason move
All the really bad moves are as follow:
They trade TO to the ravens and ends up being an eagle
They dont resign their best linemen Ron Stone
The dont resign Jeff Garcia
They let some good defensive players go
They have a bad draft
And to finish it off they leave Tim Rattay as a starter even after having surgery

Correct me if Im wrong but I think the 9ers should have the worst record and the 1st pick of the draft next year

kgmvp said:
Correct me if Im wrong but I think the 9ers should have the worst record and the 1st pick of the draft next year
They probably will, but I want the Giants to have the worse record b/c that means that Eli Manning cost them a 4th overall pick and 1st overall pick.

It is going to be a tough year for the 49ers.

They could not keep Stone or Garcia because of cap problems. T.O. was apparently a problem in the locker room, and wanted to be traded. They are only 1.3 under the cap as of now. There is no way in hell they could have kept those guys. There is also no way they sign Collins because they don't have the money.

I am not a fan of the 49ers so I don't keep up with them. I suspect they are just planning on rebuilding the team as all teams must do.

They've been one of the dominant teams for many years. It was bound to slip sooner or later. They made a mistake firing their coach a few years ago. I think the Lions will reap the benefits there because IMO he's an excellent coach.

And Owens was an absolute cancer to that team. I don't think they wanted him, cap or not.

WWJD said:
And Owens was an absolute cancer to that team. I don't think they wanted him, cap or not.
Yes the team probably didnt want him, but the players liked him in the locker room. Every 49er said that Owens worked harder in practice than anyone else. Everybody loved his work ethic, its just the way he demanded the ball that turned people off.

Yea Fiddy I don't think anybody can argue that Owens is a tremendous talent. He's excellent.

I guess the ones he rubbed wrong then was the coaches and management. And that is not a good thing.

It will be interesting to see how he performs with the Eagles.

Maybe he's just immature. Maybe he's a head case. I don't know..but I know he wore out his welcome in SF.

I think what turned people off was the fighting in the open. It is one thing to fight behind closed doors, but the sidelines is not the time or place to dispute the head coach or OC/DC.

Yea. It's not nice to humilate your boss in front of thousands of people there and possibly millions on TV.

I think Owens is a tremendous player. But I wouldn't want him.

Back