Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Definitely up there. if you just look at the 49ers defenses over the years Saleh and Meco were there as DC’s, & look at Saleh’s defense in NY, the common denominator is they’re strong up the middle. Whether that was Buckner and Armstead with Bowman or later Warner behind them in the early Saleh 49ers years carrying over to Meco..or as in the case with Saleh’s defense now in NY with Quinnen Williams at DT with CJ Mosley and Quincy Williams behind him.

Right now, for our defense to take off under Meco, we’re missing that great MLB like the 49ers had with Bowman & now Warner. & we could also probably upgrade at 1 of the DT positions; perhaps adding someone via FA or the draft to go with Malik.

The reason I believe we went WAJ instead of Carter is b/c edge guys who can do what WAJ can are just harder to come by than a DT…plus we had Malik already on the roster & there was no elite MLB.

Definitely up there. if you just look at the 49ers defenses over the years Saleh and Meco were there as DC’s, & look at Saleh’s defense in NY, the common denominator is they’re strong up the middle. Whether that was Buckner and Armstead with Bowman or later Warner behind them in the early Saleh 49ers years carrying over to Meco..or as in the case with Saleh’s defense now in NY with Quinnen Williams at DT with CJ Mosley and Quincy Williams behind him.

Right now, for our defense to take off under Meco, we’re missing that great MLB like the 49ers had with Bowman & now Warner. & we could also probably upgrade at 1 of the DT positions; perhaps adding someone via FA or the draft to go with Malik.

The reason I believe we went WAJ instead of Carter is b/c edge guys who can do what WAJ can are just harder to come by than a DT…plus we had Malik already on the roster & there was no elite MLB.
I very strongly suspect that at the owners demands Jalen Carter was removed from the Casserio-Demeco Draft Board.

I understand, but it's harder to find and interior dl who can get to the qb vs an edge guy. I mean that interior guy like Jones or Donald are closer to the qb. Gut pressure is harder to deal with than edge pressure.

I understand, but it's harder to find and interior dl who can get to the qb vs an edge guy. I mean that interior guy like Jones or Donald are closer to the qb. Gut pressure is harder to deal with than edge pressure.

Think it just depends on philosophy & what the team already has honestly. If you look at the 49ers and how they were built, Armstead & Buckner had been there for years and the defense was just ok. Bosa gets there in 2019 and that’s when they became elite. Since that time, Buckner has left, but they replaced him with Jones..Kinlaw and have mostly been fine. Bosa goes out with an ACL, the defense largely falls apart. Comes back this year, they’re back elite. Those DT’s don’t need to get to the qb, they just have to be stout against the run. & guys like that…Geno Atkins…DJ Reader are a little easier to find. He’ll even a guy like Chris Jones or even a Jeffery Simmons who was a mid late 1st rounder can be found later than top 5-10.

The draft looks to be fairly deep at LB. But there's no Warner in this draft. I also don't like the LB FA's other than Jordyn Brooks.

Think it just depends on philosophy & what the team already has honestly. If you look at the 49ers and how they were built, Armstead & Buckner had been there for years and the defense was just ok. Bosa gets there in 2019 and that’s when they became elite. Since that time, Buckner has left, but they replaced him with Jones..Kinlaw and have mostly been fine. Bosa goes out with an ACL, the defense largely falls apart. Comes back this year, they’re back elite. Those DT’s don’t need to get to the qb, they just have to be stout against the run. & guys like that…Geno Atkins…DJ Reader are a little easier to find. He’ll even a guy like Chris Jones or even a Jeffery Simmons who was a mid late 1st rounder can be found later than top 5-10.
It doesn't matter where you find guys. Jones had off field issues and Simmons got injured his senior year. Buckner, Armistead, and Thomas were drafted in like consecutive drafts. Solomon was a bust and they traded Buckner to the colts. Those dt's who can be disruptive are harder to find, imo than an edge guy. With the quick passing game especially, that dt is valuable. Just like Bosa was out and the defense wasn't the same, when Armstead is out, they're not the same either. Bottom line, you need high end players on the front 7. Kinlaw has been avg that's why they went and got the guy from Philly who was arguably one of the best dts in NFL last year. He had like 10 sacks from inside. Teams are looking for the next Sapp and John Randle as much as they're looking for the next LT. Pittsburgh has a 12 sack edge guy every year it seems.

True, but I dont see a LB with the athletic profile that Warner has in this draft. With the possible exception of Barrett Carter and you know how I feel about spending high picks on Clemson trash.
There are plenty of guys with his physical profile, its just a matter of getting players up to that level. Bowman was a better cover lb than Willis, and like Warner, he was a late rd pick

There are plenty of guys with his physical profile, its just a matter of getting players up to that level. Bowman was a better cover lb than Willis, and like Warner, he was a late rd pick
IRRC Bowman was drafted in the 2nd rd.

Who in your opinion has the physical profile of Warner?

Back