Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

5 Boom or Bust players 2023

For me it's a shit or get off the pot season with regards to Nico Collins. 3 picks given up to go get this guy, it's year 3, he needs to be more of a factor.
What do you think Collins ceiling is?

I see him in the same light as Gallup. Expect more and you will likely be disappointed.

1. Disagree on Pearce.. could boom but not going to bust. Should be at minimum a solid back and at his draft slot, that would not be a bust.
2. Stingley the same but a solid year would not be a bust even at his slot. My concern is and here I agree : I think Stinger will continue to be hampered by injuries.

The other three, yeah boom or bust. I just see Metchie doing well but that's probably because I liked him at 'bama and he's a feel good story I want to see continue.

For me it’s Metchie.

We gave up picks for that dude too

True, but he's yet to play a single snap yet so it's still a wait and see. You couldn't predict the leukemia of course, but he was still coming off an ACL. And now he's been out of the game for well over a year. I think it will be a struggle to get back. It has been for Collins it seems like. He opted out of the Covid year and hadn't played football for over a year when he played his 1st snap with the Texans.

Multiple picks were given up for both so they both need to produce, but like I said, Metchie hasn't even started yet. Collins is in year 3.

Overrated texans
Metchie
Christian Harris
Kenyon green
Robert woods

underrated
Jalen pitre

on thin ice
Mills
Stingley
In what world is Kenyon Green overrated, same with Robert Woods? I believe players have to be talked about in a positive light to be overrated. Woods gets a pretty minimal amount of positivity and Green gets next to none.

It’s business.
No. It is business for McNairs. It is entertainment for fans: watching college football, going through draft and the discussion as it is with free agency and possible trades. It is choosing fan favorites to stick with or abandon easily. It is emotional attachment with feel good stories as with Metchie playing after cancer. Jj Watt being amazing athlete but more amazing human. It is the fun and excitement of a former fan favorite athlete returning as HC. It is tailgating or home gating. The anticipation of the ball thudding off a foot initiating the season opener.

It's business to players and owners but something even better for fans.

No. It is business for McNairs. It is entertainment for fans: watching college football, going through draft and the discussion as it is with free agency and possible trades. It is choosing fan favorites to stick with or abandon easily. It is emotional attachment with feel good stories as with Metchie playing after cancer. Jj Watt being amazing athlete but more amazing human. It is the fun and excitement of a former fan favorite athlete returning as HC. It is tailgating or home gating. The anticipation of the ball thudding off a foot initiating the season opener.

It's business to players and owners but something even better for fans.
Great post

Too bad it's not about winning.

How do you know it’s not a priority for them? Spit it out.
2 decades of proof.

They're more worried about perception, the game day experience, drinking beer and eating BBQ.

Gotta get those stands full, so the money train will keep on rolling. Cal and Janice almost killed the golden goose, but Hannah came to the rescue.

Back